Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Heating Oil - buy now or wait?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dardevle wrote: »
    texoil--550euro per 1000l
    285euro per 500l
    Where are they based?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

muffler wrote: »
    Where are they based?

I just rang them and got a quote of €280 for 500lts of Kero - she did say to ring again in the afternoon as they expect the price to drop a bit. Girls name was karen and was very nice.

Texoil Dublin
    Alexandra Road
    Dublin Port
    Dublin 1

Tel: 01 8556655
    Call Save: 1850 656 555
    Freephone: 1800 788 777
    Email: dublin@texoil.ie

Doubtful if the would deliver to Donegal for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

athy,athlone,ballinasloe,carlow,cork,dublin,galway,gort,kilkenny,mayo and sligo.

www.texoil.ie

i got a delivery from them a couple of
    weeks back and it came from ballyshannon
    (i'm just outside bundy) tbh they seemed not to
    want to turn down any potential orders,so they may
    even deliver to YOU muffler!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

:confused:I need to buy oil in West Wicklow and the best price I got was from Naas Oil @ 280 euro for 500litres can anyone better that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

just ordered today
    €460 for 1000 litres gas oil
    burke oil, rathnew, wicklow

That is damn cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

just got a email from dci fuels saying that all fuels will be going up at least
    4 cents a litre after midnight tonight.
    :eek:

just had a delivery of 500lts for 240 euro from
    texoil-driver said 5c hike by tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

just had a delivery of 500lts for 240 euro from
    texoil-driver said 5c hike by tomorrow.

Diesel seems to have gone up already in Tullaghan. same reason?

from what i can gather the price rise will be across the board..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sthealy

Fuel prices really have come back in recent weeks. Out of curiosity, was that 5c price rise per 500l, 1000l or just per litre in general do you know?

that was a 5c per litre increase..

think the price per barrel of oil has been on the up in recent
    weeks so they won't be slow to make the upward adjustment.

from what i can gather the price rise will be across the board..

Sligo Fuels quoted €450 for 1,000 litres of heating oil today but said the price is about to rise (unspecified). Their diesel is still the cheapest in town.

Good thread and it would be nice to see the prices posted on a weekly basis so if any of you are aware of the present prices please share :)

Good thread and it would be nice to see the prices posted on a weekly basis so if any of you are aware of the present prices please share :)

just noticed the petrol/diesel prices beginning to creep up so
    gave texoil a call...prices as of today; 500lts=240euro
    . 1,000lts=460euro.:)

Still cheap.

Hi all, just got a fill of home heating oil (kerosene) today. Paid a per litre price of 41c. Its been a while since it was that price. 862 litres cost me €353. Went with Stewarts Top Oil this time as they could deliver on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

In wicklow just bought 1000 litres 435 ultima oil going up tonight by 30 + further increases next week. Please also bear in mind carbon taxes will be applied in our mini budget!

• Advertisement

joctcl wrote: »
    In wicklow just bought 1000 litres 435 ultima oil going up tonight by 30 + further increases next week. Please also bear in mind carbon taxes will be applied in our mini budget!
    Glad I topped up today. Got 698 litres for €300 which works out about 43c/litre

Well, its getting cold again :(, so i'll be looking at buying some oil again soon - any recent experiences on prices guys? S.

I would normally be getting a fill at this time of year but given the fact that temperatures were well up for a good part of the year coupled with getting the walls and attic insulated it will probably be another couple of months before I need to order.

Anyhow it would be interesting and a good help to others to see a few prices posted here again.

I would normally be getting a fill at this time of year but given the fact that temperatures were well up for a good part of the year coupled with getting the walls and attic insulated it will probably be another couple of months before I need to order.

Anyhow it would be interesting and a good help to others to see a few prices posted here again.

The Budget will see a a "carbon tax" which is bound to increase the price of oil, coal etc. I am going to fill up before then.

Good point Essexboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

i got 500l from tinneys last week for €270

Carbon tax is a good point, i think the budget is usually the first week in December - so food for thought there. Thanks for the price update.... Any more experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kolo2007

Help!!!

Anybody know of any places that can deliver oil immediately ran out last night and house is unbearably cold.

kolo2007 wrote: »
    Help!!!

Anybody know of any places that can deliver oil immediately ran out last night and house is unbearably cold.
    Where are you based?

If you are really stuck a few of the shops stock the 25 litre emergency jars of heating oil but they are very expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kolo2007

i am based in lucan at the moment.

Advertisement