Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch 3.0.2 gone live today

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    I wasnt able to hold out :(

Lolz your not alone,i tried to log onto the wo europe site just now to resub but its down.
    Are the Gods trying to keep me away i wonder :)

I enjoy WAR but man i miss some good old fashioned PVE.

Anything interesting to make a guy want to lvl his priest to 80?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Lads your gonna do anyway, so do it nao :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

My shammie and Lock our now way more awesome in fact it's like they just jazzed the whole thing up a notch - shammie wolves are fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Definitely liking it so far.

<3 the 33% extra damage that I've ended up with on my Holy Priest. That combined with the change to spell pushback means I can take on groups of 4-5 mobs without much difficulty.

The level 60 frost mage I'm levelling is slightly ridiculous. I've 3 bits of OL gear with the rest being crap greens, some of those having a level 20 requirement. Most mobs are dead before they are close enough for me to need to frost nova :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Played my Shaman (Elemental) for a couple of BG's and gave up. Honestly still of the belief that the Shaman as a class is dead and gone and don't see anything improving anytime soon, it's even worse in the beta and that's a couple patches ahead of the live now at this stage.

Are you crazy ? shamans are insanely good now, maybe not elemental tho, as i dont have a set, but Resto and Enhance are awesome. Should get some enhancement gear pal, its absolutely insane. Just running round killing mobs in a couple of seconds, endless mana, got our own little super pets, stuns sprints taunts, can do a instant spellcast usually every fight along with the shocks.

Resto is crazy aswell, just as much survivablity with some hots to boot.

Really did enjoy playing the game for a few hours today, inscription is great. Got my Troll shammy a nice red mohawk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Was healing a few runs for a group guildy alts yesterday and one thing that has struck me is ret pallys are unbelievably overpowered. The group consisted of me on my priest main healing, a newly dinged 70 druid tank with mostly green with some blue gear and two ret pallys one 66 and one 67 with the usual leveling sort of gear. As a 4 man group we done all the Auchindoun instances in normal with ease including a deathless and effortless SL (by effortless I mean REALLY effortless).

After Auchindoun we went to Caverns of Time and cleared a normal Old hillsbrad and then we went to Black Morass. Completed BM in normal with total ease so we decided it was time for a heroic, enlisted the help of a kara geared rogue alt of a guildy as our fifth and since we were already in COT and the previous runs pushed the low level Pallys to honoured with keepers of time we decided to do a heroic BM. At this stage the Pallys had gotten a level each so we were going into a heroic with a 67 ret Pally, a 68 Ret Pally, a poorly geared druid tank, a good geared priest and a decent geared rogue. None of us even knew if you could get into a heroic at 67 until we tried it. We wiped once because of the adds killing one of the Pallys but we completed it on our second try. As far as runs go it wasn't much harder than your average PUG run and 3 badges for someone at 67 must have been a great feeling. Moral of the story is ret Pallys=Imba.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Kiith wrote: »
    I wasnt able to hold out :(

snap :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Yes it is mainly Elemental Shamans they fecked up. Get's a *little* bit better when you hit 75 and get new spell but really...Meh, might be me just pished off at being nerf'd so much.

Bloody hell though, can't believe how powerful they've made the Mage in PVP with Arcane spec, my Mage has 5 pieces S1 set, blue staff and the rest mostly greens and was getting crits on Arcane Barrage of near 6k last night in pvp !
    Now it was bombing out on players with high resillience (only getting 3k crits on them) but geez, bloody godly instant damage output in pvp.

I do though still die in like 2 or 3 hits, real glass cannon.

Use that bubble thing you now have. it will keep you alove, and then moltn armor or whatever it is. Mages were a breeze before, bbut not they are hard work. Rogues... Lol they just hit 1 shotted now. Dual 2h wielding warriors are scaring me ****less, and retardins.. lets not go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

it seems rogues, warriors and loladins are just imba, the amount of them that are 1 shotting me.

After a bit more play finding my Shadow priest a bit...meh. Before I had the advantage of staying alive for a little bit, and getting out some dps etc, but now, its literally one shot for everything. Its like Blizz have removed armour completely.

For pve, my shadow priest is the biz, doing some nice dps and really aiding my raid group. But its leaving alot to be desired.

Also the amount of server shutdowns ive experienced, I know its a big patch, but youd think they would anticipate this kinda stuff :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

TBH my rogue doesnt seem "IMBA", Murder spree is fun but weak and the rest of the tree is poor for pvp. Shadow dance is nice but its confusing at first, need to get used to it tbh so many more buttons to press hehe

I have my eye on mutilate build but need to get another dagger ><

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Bloody college, no time to play wow /grumble /grumble :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Bloody college, no time to play wow /grumble /grumble :(

+1

Played an hour of PvP tonite and general bits and pieces to see what the story was with the patch, using my Holy Pala(70), Not really that impressed to be honest, mostly gimicky adjustments like the Barber shop,Award system etc. The Resto Pala's as previously said seem to be Overpowered, and possibly the holy's a little left behind in the apparent(to me anyway) rebalancing of the Resto and Prot tree's. Gonna see if I can get on my Shammy or Mage later today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

IMO all classes take too much damage for some reason in pvp.
    Then again wow pvp has always been crap.
    WAR for pvp and WOW for pve seems like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dcully wrote: »
    IMO all classes take too much damage for some reason in pvp.
    Then again wow pvp has always been crap.
    WAR for pvp and WOW for pve seems like a plan.

Agreed

Although, Blizzard have wanted to balance pvp for the purpose of e-sport for some time now, Might happen?
    (On second thought, no it won't)

Haven't had much time to play with around with it due to college, but I like a lot of the stuff they implemented. Bring on the expansion

Have been playign my warrior non stop the last couple of day(now lvl 61) and have to say im enjoying being prot, i find its higher dps then any other spec atm. And tanking using thunderclap and a glyph that makes it possibleto put devistate on 2 targets is just great fun. Been leveling with alot of retardins, and seriously OP is the only word. They are like some kind of bastardized rogues in plate with a bit of shammy thrown in for good measure.

fun fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Manties wrote: »
    Have been playign my warrior non stop the last couple of day(now lvl 61) and have to say im enjoying being prot, i find its higher dps then any other spec atm.

erm what?:confused:

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    erm what?:confused:

I mean i find prot better dps then fury and arms. Should have made that more clear.

Been leveling with alot of retardins, and seriously OP is the only word.
    Definitely. Blitzed through SP, UB and BF yesterday with a 4 man alt run, 62 Retadin, 65 Holy Priest, 65 Enh Shammy and myself a 63 frost mage. We were in and out of BF in under 30 mins with the retadin averaging 680 dps. That's decent enough dps for a pre nerf beginning to mid Kara run, on a level 62 it's just ridiculous.

Aye i did the same yesterday, but remember the instances have been seriously nerfed. I should not have been able to tank UB with easy with a lvl 61 prot pala healign me in UB. Especially as im still in alot of lvl 50 gear.

• Advertisement

Aye i did the same yesterday, but remember the instances have been seriously nerfed. I should not have been able to tank UB with easy with a lvl 61 prot pala healign me in UB. Especially as im still in alot of lvl 50 gear.
    It was only the raids that were nerfed, not the instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

What im finding annoying is cloak of shadows doesnt seem to be working as it should.

Yesterday in AV there was a big mill up in the big ice field, and it was going on for ages, i kept trying to sly in and drop some healers. But i couldnt as well there was a **** load of healers and i seemed to be the only one trying to kill them. Anyway when i realised i was about to get pwned id pop cos and hit vanish and run back to healing range, while in COS i kept getting hit by shadowbolt, lightning bolts, shocks the lot. I used to only get hit by maybe 1 and thats if im unlucky. So something defineltly wrong with our defenses.

I think ill just finish off getting my shammy to 70 (69 atm) as pvp isnt fun when your stuff isnt working as it should ;*(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Blowfish wrote: »

Every mob in the game has 30% less hp and does 30% less damage. Every instance is also nerfed.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Every mob in the game has 30% less hp and does 30% less damage. Every instance is also nerfed.
    Here's the actual blue post, it's only raids, Kazzak and Doomwalker that he mentions.

Well they seem pretty easy then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

its just that everything does more dmg, i spec'd my normally resto shaman into enhancement the other night, has mostly kara epix, did a full kara run in no time at all, averaged around 1600dps.... that would be insane pre patch, on illhoof i managed just shy of 3000dps......

Everyones dmg is insane now, i was second overall in dps meter, was a fury warrior top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Blowfish wrote: »

Instances were seriously nerfed too. I was in a group that did Heroic Steamvaults in under 40 mins. Last night we did 3 heroics in under 3 hours. In Heroic MT the tank was pulling entire rooms and we were clearing them easily.

Macros42 wrote: »
    Instances were seriously nerfed too. I was in a group that did Heroic Steamvaults in under 40 mins. Last night we did 3 heroics in under 3 hours. In Heroic MT the tank was pulling entire rooms and we were clearing them easily.
    As mentioned above, it's more that everyone's damage has been buffed rather than the instance being nerfed. It's the same reason as to why it feels like everyone's wearing paper armour in pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The reason why we have "paper" armour, is that resilience is bugged at the moment.

Theres a blue post in the pvp forum, that its not working correctly.

But obviously, everyones damage has been buffed, only Bosses in instances have had their hp cut down.

This is because, your specs and talents and spells, are aimed towards balance and usefulness at level 80.

I think the amount of mega dps we are shooting out, gives us an indication as to how tougher we are going to need to be for wotlk.

Have to say im enjoying mincing through raids at the moment.

Guild kara run took just roughly 2 hours last night...thats amazing imo

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

it seems rogues, warriors and loladins are just imba, the amount of them that are 1 shotting me.

After a bit more play finding my Shadow priest a bit...meh. Before I had the advantage of staying alive for a little bit, and getting out some dps etc, but now, its literally one shot for everything. Its like Blizz have removed armour completely.

For pve, my shadow priest is the biz, doing some nice dps and really aiding my raid group. But its leaving alot to be desired.

Also the amount of server shutdowns ive experienced, I know its a big patch, but youd think they would anticipate this kinda stuff :/
    sorry to bump your post... but loving my shadowpriest :D

got a screenshot from where we went to blackwing lair last night...
    mindflay tick crit for 5.7k! was nuts.... and that was just one tick, one of the other ticks was over 2k...

Advertisement