Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightlink to stoneybatter

Options
  • 15-10-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Do any of the nightlink busses go out to stoneybatter? The dublin bus site is a nightmare to navigate. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Walk its only a short distance from town otherwise 39n, 70n pass through it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Jaysis, man walk, its only around the corner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Jaysis, man walk, its only around the corner

Not always the safest option, maybe that's why they're asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

DONT get the 39N cos it follows the 38 route (via phibsboro)
    instead of the 39 route (through stoneybatter) kinda odd?

GET the 70n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BOHSBOHS wrote: »
    DONT get the 39N cos it follows the 38 route (via phibsboro)
    instead of the 39 route (through stoneybatter) kinda odd?

GET the 70n

Would have guessed the 39n followed the 39 route, weird it doesn't. I already suggested the 70n route.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Dublinbus website lists some pick-up points along the way
    "Outbound pick-up points: Prussia Street (Hanlon's Corner), Ashtown Roundabout, Castleknock Village (Church of Ireland)."

Does this mean these are the only places you can also get off the bus? Or is it like the bus during the day where you can press the button before whichever stop you want to get out at?

Edit: I guess the latter since the bus goes out as far as Dunboyne..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The nitelink isn't always the safest either. The time you'd spend sitting on the bus waiting for it to move you could have walked home. I've walked that way plenty of times at night and never had even a hint of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

The nitelink isn't always the safest either.

Hey the 70n is usually grand, it's not like the Dirty9n one. Got that a few times, plenty of fighting sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

July wrote: »
    Dublinbus website lists some pick-up points along the way
    "Outbound pick-up points: Prussia Street (Hanlon's Corner), Ashtown Roundabout, Castleknock Village (Church of Ireland)."

Does this mean these are the only places you can also get off the bus? Or is it like the bus during the day where you can press the button before whichever stop you want to get out at?

Edit: I guess the latter since the bus goes out as far as Dunboyne..

"Pick-up point" obviously means where people can get on the bus! Passengers can get off at any bus stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Keith186 wrote: »
    Hey the 70n is usually grand, it's not like the Dirty9n one. Got that a few times, plenty of fighting sometimes.

I've been on the 70N a few times when there's been trouble, usually with skangers who hop off at the edge of Laurel Lodge and walk to Blanch from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Just don't fall asleep on the 70n!!!:rolleyes: I learnt the hard way and had to get back to navan road from dunboyne with a fiver in my pocket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Stoneybatter from Town!!! pure laziness its less then ten minutes,and dont mind anyone saying its dangerous or dodgey,its better then most place,save yourself the money and the time,have a walk home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Irlbo wrote: »
    Stoneybatter from Town!!! pure laziness its less then ten minutes,and dont mind anyone saying its dangerous or dodgey,its better then most place,save yourself the money and the time,have a walk home

Let me guess, you're male :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Walk it, its no more dangerous than anywhere else.

Advertisement