Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grocery Shopping with your male half?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

My ex hated shopping with a passion, one foot into a supermarket and he would turn into a cranky five year old! It drove me so mad I banned him from doing the shopping with me! Much easier to do it by myself and less arguing! My OH lives in England so I haven't gone shopping with him yet:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ruben

Himself does all our shopping as I just cant abide it.

I really don't know why, it's just one of those things that get to me, I get all stressed out and hassled by it. On the odd occasion that he has asked me to stop on my home from work say, to get something we may have run out of, I have been known to phone him from the shop to ask him what brand/type/size of said thing we use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Eww, watching a couple eat the face of each other while I am trying to pick out my meat for the week would seriously put me off!!! GET A EFFIN ROOM!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I hate bringing the oh cause i never get what i want.He flies all around the shop hes like a big child,then tells me im taking to long as he walks up and down every aisle.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

marti101 wrote: »
    I hate bringing the oh cause i never get what i want.He flies all around the shop hes like a big child,then tells me im taking to long as he walks up and down every aisle.:pac:
    Walking up and down every aisle is by far the most efficient way unless you know exactly what you want and exactly where it is.

Looking at the signs above the aisles doesn't tell you exactly what's in them. It takes twice as long if you constantly have to wander around trying to find the last three things on your list. If you go up and down all the aisles, you'll spot everything :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I always go shopping on my own, when we first moved in together we went shopping together a couple of times, but he drove me mad. He works in retail so every time he sees something wrong he feels the need to point it out to me *I don't care*. I've tried getting him to come with me more recently, but he refuses to. I mainly do my shopping in Aldi and Dunnes, but he has a thing against Aldi and Lidl so I'm sure that's why he wont come. I'm always trying to tell him he might actually be impressed, but he's too much of a snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

seamus wrote: »
    Walking up and down every aisle is by far the most efficient way unless you know exactly what you want and exactly where it is.

Looking at the signs above the aisles doesn't tell you exactly what's in them. It takes twice as long if you constantly have to wander around trying to find the last three things on your list. If you go up and down all the aisles, you'll spot everything :)

Yes, if you don't walk up and down every aisle, you always forget something. And then it's "I'll run back and get it", while you wait at the till, having scanned through and bagged everything else in your trolley, with the person in the queue behind you throwing you dagger-eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I always go shopping with my OH. We are openly affectionate while in the supermarket. He buys biscuits and cakes and weird stuff like pumpernickle that we have to throw out. I usually try and distract him from buying bold things.

He can't pass a new product!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I can't believe how long she takes to go through the shop. I also have to watch the trolley like a hawk unless she removes all of my junk food and impulsive crap when she thinks I'm not looking. I usually just hide it under the bigger products in the trolley. Still, I like going shopping with her. Find it relaxing in a weird way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Food shopping with my ex was a total disaster. we always ended up buying too much food & definitely always too much junk. one would persuade the other to buy something. wed go in for sausages & bread & come out with sausages, bread, rashers, orange juice, muffins, biscuits, icecream, coke.. same with takeaways - wed wanna get a pizza but wed end up with pizza, chicken chunks, chips, icecream.. no wonder im on a diet now! :mad:

as for all the kissing - i dont get it :confused: if the mood took me to give him a kiss, sure, wed have a little peck, but i dont find the fruit & veg section terribly romantic. if i want to have a kiss id prefer to do it in private so i dont have to worry about getting too carried away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

stovelid wrote: »
    I can't believe how long she takes to go through the shop. I also have to watch the trolley like a hawk unless she removes all of my junk food and impulsive crap when she thinks I'm not looking. I usually just hide it under the bigger products in the trolley. Still, I like going shopping with her. Find it relaxing in a weird way.

Ha ha when iam passing the frozen food section i usually throw out the stupid stuff himself gets. Its only a few days later he says "i could have sworn i'd got (certain stupid item) while shopping" One day he convinced himself someone stole a bag belong to us. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My boyfriend always remembers things like stock cubes that wouldn't occur to me (can you tell that he's a better cook? :D) He is also better at buying meat than I am, can tell what's better quality and if the price is reasonable. I am always tempted to buy chocolate biscuits when I don't need them. So, we are kinda the reverse of the OP's situation!

Online shopping together from tesco's FTW!
    we both have a browse through the cupboards and its done in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Ha. The last time I did an online shop was a supermarket in the UK when I lived in England. Delivery truck arrived, unloaded, I was putting away my shopping when there was a knock at my door.

The supermarket delivery guy had reversed his lorry along the length of my neighbour's car, and then drove off without leaving a note or anything else. Prick.

Advertisement