Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebaybanned pivot mount and larue scope mount (avoid)

Options
  • 15-10-2008 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭

I have wanted one of these since someone here posted a youtube link showing a scar with one. All of a sudden, ebaybanned rode to the rescue, they would be making them. months passed, i lost even more hair and then finally they appeared. To be fair the pictures looked quite good. i dropped my hard earned cash for both items. The front mount is a vertical type meant to align with pivot rear mount. the rear is 41 odd and the front mount 25 and loose change

The quality of these 2 mounts is surprisingly good. they both have a locking arm and a safety lock to keep the arm in place. The pivot mount held the magnifier scope very well. All good so far. When i put this on my m4, a G&P, the pivot mount was quite loose. As usual you go for the obvious, maybe the locking nut was loose, tried that, nothing....I then concluded that like most aegs, maybe the G&P rail is a little off. I tried it on the G&G scar, same issue. Then i decided it was time to have a good gawk, it must be something obvious and indeed a glancing look at the ris part on the pivot mount explained why it was loose....a plastic tie...

huh? i hear you say, well i used some more words like WTF! a fracking plastic tie for holding pipes, yes those plastic ties...help in place with selotape. I kid you not. A great mount, suprising quality, great spring, works really well, except the sizing on the ris part is obviously way way off. They used a strip from a plastic tie, to help lock it in place!!!

if you can ignore that, and i could not....but if you could...you would have problem number 2. Problem number 2 is alignment with the front mount. it is off, not by much but annoyingly so...add that to the plastic tie (did i mention they used a plastic fracking tie to hold a scope in place!) you feel, well, a little peeved to say the least.

the rear pivot mount is 41 odd dollars (WITH FREE SHIPPING!), isnt it amazing how its free shipping, you would think its difficult for them to absorb that cost, some who are cynical here would suspect they include the shipping cost in the price...but personally i think that is very very cynical, dont you?? Thats sarcasm by the way, sarcasm, say hello to cynical....cynical meet sarcasm...

SO what the recommendation...avoid, like anyone called Annie during a plague.

pity because it looks pretty nice...

I am currently trying to return these to ebaybanned....maybe V2 of these will be better....but i would adopt a wait and see attitude, i know i will...

if anyone wants to see pics of this, i will go thru the emotional turmoil of doing so ...just for you....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Uh that someone with the youtube clip was probably me sorry to hear they were so poor they were on my shopping list as well.

Advertisement