Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming conventions list

Options
  • 15-10-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Here's a list of tattoo conventions from around the world. I've mainly just compiled European ones and havent bothered to list the American ones as the list would be too long.
    If there are any more post you know of post it up and I'll add it to the list. Or if someone wants to compile an American list go right ahead.

October 18th - 19th 2008
    http://www.eviantattoo.com
    Palais des CongrEs Evian France

November 1st - 2nd 2008
    FLORENCE TATTOO CONVENTION
    Fortezza da Basso, Cavaniglia Pavillion, viale Strozzi, Firenze (Florence)
    www.florencetattooconvention.com

November 7th - 9th 2008
    Dublin Tattoo Convention
    D4 hotel Ballsbridge
    Info: www.bodyshock.ie

December 5th-7th, 2008
    18 International Berlin Tattoo Convention
    Arena Berlin, Treptow, Eichenstr.9
    info : www.tattoo-convention.de
    Fax: 0049 30 32704254
    B52 Tattoo
    Bülowstr.52
    10783 Berlin

December 13th & 14th, 2008
    Lyon Tattoo Convention
    University Campus of la Doua, Lyon, Villeubanne, France. This annual convention is one of the largest annual conventions in France with over a hundered booths and artists from countries of the european community
    Information: Tel/port Bénédicte : +33. (0)661.93.25.37
    http://lyontattooconvention.free.fr
    lyontattoo@orange.fr

January 9th-11th, 2009
    1st Singapore Tattoo Show
    Singapore Expo Exhibition
    Grand Mercure Hotel
    Debra Tan
    www.tattoo.com.sg
    email: admin@tattoo.com.sg

January 23rd-25th, 2009
    SOUTHERN INK XPOSURE
    Cape Town Tattoo Expo
    Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, South Africa Information : tattoos.com/six
    International Enquiries: dmcgrath@tattoos.com
    South African Enquiries: info@capetattooconvention.co.za

31st Jan- 1st Feb 2009
    www.brightontattoo.com
    The Brighton Racecourse
    Sat 11am-10pm
    Sun 11am-8pm

February 13th-15th, 2009
    13th Annual Milan tattoo convention
    To be held at the quark hotel, via lampedusa 11/a Milano.
    Info: www.milanotattooconvention.it
    email: mikivialetto@tattoolife.com

March 7th - 8th 2009
    Event: Manchester Tattoo Show 2009
    Reservations: sam.harrison@h2-events.co.uk
    Contact Information: sam.harrison@h2-events.co.uk

March 13th - 15th 2009
    Helsinki International Tattoo Convention
    http://www.helsinkitattoo.fi/helsinkitattoo/

March 20th-22nd, 2009
    17th International Tattoo Convention Frankfurt Germany
    Fairground Frankfurt
    www.convention-frankfurt.de
    webmaster@convention-frankfurt.de

May 3rd - 4th 2009
    Newport Tattoo Convention
    http://www.newporttattooconvention.co.uk/index2.html

May 2009 (tbc)
    Prague Tattoo Convention
    http://www.tattoo-convention.cz

May 2009 (late) (tbc)
    Rome Tattoo Convention
    http://www.tattooexporoma.com/index.asp?Key=HE

May (end of) 2009 (TBC)
    Amsterdam Tattoo Convention
    www.tattooconventionamsterdam.nl

June 6th - 7th 2009
    Liverpool Tattoo convention
    http://www.tattooconvention.co.uk/

July 24th - 25th 2009
    Norway International Tattoo, 5th annual
    www.tattooconvention.no

September 11th-13th, 2009
    2nd International Moscow Body-Art Festival 2009
    Moscow, Russia. Artists, singers and performers from Russia will impress visitors and foreign guests with unforgettable show.
    Info: tel- +79263804200, email: av@asinternational.ru
    or alex82work@yahoo.com
    web: www.moscowbodyartfestival.com. Director: Aleksandra

September 2009 (TBC)
    London Tattoo Convention 2009
    Usually held in Sept. Date to be confirmed.
    www.thelondontattooconvention.com

October 2009
    2dn Annual Evian tattoo show
    Palais des Congres, Evian les Bains, Haute-Savoie, France. About 80 international tattoo artists will be there. Evian is located in the French alps, near Geneva Lake and Lausanne.
    Information : evian@tattoo-passion.com
    Myspace : myspace.com/tattoopassion

October 2009
    Dragon Edong's 2nd Saipan International Tatu & Arts Festival
    Hibiscus Hall, Fiesta Resort & Spa
    Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands
    For more info & to register check out:
    www.saipantatufest.com

October 31st-November 2nd, 2008
    3rd International Tattoo Convention Lima Peru
    The Maria Angola Hotel and Convention Center, Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
    Info: www.tattooexpolima.net

Barcelona Tattoo Convention
    www.barcelonatattooconvention.com
    October 2009

Swedens Tattoo Expo
    www.tattooexpo.com
    October 2009

SkinDeep tattoo jam
    http://www.tattoojam.co.uk/

Convention Savvy

FIRST, a word to the wise, we've attended a bunch o' conventions and even put some on, so for those of you who are not convention savvy here are some tips:

1. If you can , call ahead for discount passes, most conventions have cheaper prices for pre bought passes.
    Also, if applicable ask for a convention room rate from the hotel and try to book in as far in advance as possible. Get that hotel room ASAP, you want to get in there on the thursday usually, that way your all settled for friday and into that social groove thing. Also, do a convention outside your city and area, as a tattoo vacation. If you look into it, there are conventions in a lot of interesting cities.

2. If you want to get work done by an artist, particularly a popular one, then try to book time ahead with them, you may get there only to discover that the artist is booked from day one. You can also buzz websites for a listing of artists, or call the infoline for a brochure to see who is working the show.

3. Merchandising makes money, but at the last hour of the last day you will find T-shirt and other prices mysteriously go on sale , so you could save some bucks, however you could screw yourself out of a hot t-shirt too.

4. Some of the artists work hard on their artwork and flash, so be careful when taking photographs that you do not give the impression that you are taking pictures of flash or custom artwork. Also , if you have artwork that you want to show around yourself , and if you don't have a booth, have the decency to let the promoters know upfront and inquire as to what arrangements you have to sell or trade your flash/machines what have you on their floor. REFRAIN FROM PLACING BEVERAGES ON ANY TABLES WITH ARTWORK, EGAD MAN the life you ruin may be your own !!!

5. Don't be whimsical , whether your getting a tattoo or buying a book don't judge either by the cover. Just because they're at a convention it does not mean they know what they are doing, as always , check out the portfolios first and foremost.

6. Don't run around like a giddy kid , or interrupt working artists for a photo, just ask politely when they have a free moment , often enough you can get photos in the lounge/ bar later, and god forbid, don't be dumb enough to touch or hug a working artist, he/she needs a steady hand!! Most of all get out there and support your artists , you don't have to get tattooed, and if you are interested in learning more about the art, conventions have a wealth of information and collectables. See you out there !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Awesome post. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Agreed, great post.

+1

Just thought, could be worth a sticky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the thanks. The Convention on Lyon looks pretty awesome. Could be one for checking out next year. Planning on heading to Manchester as long as one particular artist confirms as I've a piece to be finished and all going well might get to go to London again. Busy year ahead. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ROFL

I lived on that campus in lyon, if people wanna head to that I will pop along. Know the place like the back of my hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will wrote: »
    ROFL

I lived on that campus in lyon, if people wanna head to that I will pop along. Know the place like the back of my hand.
    *insert mandatory fapping comment here*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

i'm heading to brighton 100%. and maybe mo copelleta's family business 2 weeks after..

tayto909 wrote: »
    i'm heading to brighton 100%. and maybe mo copelleta's family business 2 weeks after..

How does Brighton compare to other conventions? Anyone in particular you're looking to get inked by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Brighton imo is an oldskool collectors wet dream. You've got Rudy Fritsch, Amanda Toy, Frith Street, Dawnii, Phil Kyle and many many others. I'm hopefully getting my chest started by Valerie Vargas but I need to get some cash together first, I'm definitely getting more work off Simon Erl there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Eire_Tattoo

Brighton is looking like it will be a great convention. Valeria Vargas is putting out some serious stuff. Magnum Opus have a good few guests working with them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Yeah she seems to get better by the day. I'd love some work by Xam too pretty much everyone in Frith St is awesome.

• Advertisement

For anyone looking for some post xmas ink take a look at the line-up for the Milan tattoo con:
    http://www.milanotattooconvention.it/artist.htm
    Looks awesome. Also Manchester looks worthy of some cheap flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

CianRyan wrote: »
    Agreed, great post.

+1

Just thought, could be worth a sticky?
    Awesome post. Thanks for that. I second that motion stickifying this thread.

Advertisement