Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actors wanted!

• 15-10-2008 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

For a short series (intended to present this to TV channels) in the area of 'mystery movie' we are looking for amateur actors.
    There is no pay offered, because this is an amateur production. But, in case the result is good enough to be sold later to a TV channel, every actor will receive a percentage as reward.
    We are looking for ppl between 18 and 48, men and women, average figures. Beauty is not the main point - we are looking for 'character' faces.
    If you are interested, answer to this with your phone number - we will contact you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can't really have people posting up their phone numbers here by the way.

But if people are interested perhaps they could express their interest here and PM you.

I'll link to this thread over in the boards drama group forum and I'll mention it to any other drama groups I know.

Best of luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whats the schedule for the production? Would it suit someone who works 9-5 during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PiecesofEight

Arkana wrote: »
    For a short series (intended to present this to TV channels) in the area of 'mystery movie' we are looking for amateur actors.
    There is no pay offered, because this is an amateur production. But, in case the result is good enough to be sold later to a TV channel, every actor will receive a percentage as reward.
    We are looking for ppl between 18 and 48, men and women, average figures. Beauty is not the main point - we are looking for 'character' faces.
    If you are interested, answer to this with your phone number - we will contact you.
    Any more info as in locations, time schedual, characters, script etc etc i'd be interested just would like to know more....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Whats the schedule for the production? Would it suit someone who works 9-5 during the week?

Same question for me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Arkana

Can't really have people posting up their phone numbers here by the way.
    But if people are interested perhaps they could express their interest here and PM you.
    I'll link to this thread over in the boards drama group forum and I'll mention it to any other drama groups I know.
    Best of luck.

Well... you are the moderator... but obviously the thing with the 'phone numbers' is just your personal opinion, am I right? I did not find any point in the forum rules that it is not allowed to post one's OWN phone number. It is anybody's own decision to do that, I think. If someone does not want to have the phone number public, PM is always the other possibility - and I think people KNOW that.
    But thanks for the linking anyway. It might help.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »

Oh sorry, I committed a crime - I quoted you! But, on the other hand, nobody would know, without the quote to what I am answering.

Well, to all possible following questions: Just contact me, even in a PM, I call you back.
    To answer the question: ALL of what we are doing is suitable for working people and amateurs. Because it is a leisure activity it is happening in leisure time - quite logically, isn't it?
    And there will be a meeting in November, where all INTERESTED people get the necessary information - so, please contact me (by PM, otherwise I get beaten by our mod!)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Arkana wrote: »
    Well... you are the moderator... but obviously the thing with the 'phone numbers' is just your personal opinion, am I right? I did not find any point in the forum rules that it is not allowed to post one's OWN phone number. It is anybody's own decision to do that, I think. If someone does not want to have the phone number public, PM is always the other possibility - and I think people KNOW that.
    But thanks for the linking anyway. It might help.

No. As moderator I'm asking that people don't post up personal contact information in a public forum.

I've found a good few interested people for you here. Your posts would be better served addressing their questions and providing more details than having a go at me.

Any more info as in locations, time schedual, characters, script etc etc i'd be interested just would like to know more....

See my last contribution...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Why the attitude? Seems a bit harsh....

No. As moderator I'm asking that people don't post up personal contact information in a public forum.
    I've found a good few interested people for you here. Your posts would be better served addressing their questions and providing more details than having a go at me.

I am not having a 'go at you' at all. I just found your approach a bit aggressive and answered with humour - what's wrong with that?

The thing with the information is - it has
    a) to be effective
    b) to be protected.

a) It is not very effective if I give all necessary information here - because it does NOT prevent people to asking more and more questions, even unnecessary ones. That's why only basic information is given, and then there will be a meeting for those people, who are interested - there the details will be given, the issue can be discussed and even unnecessary questions can be answered.
    b) It is not very wise to give all details about story and characteres here, because this forum is surely read by professionals as well. And I do not want to have my idea stolen by a professional who probably can produce with a little bit more money my series much faster than I could. I think, you will agree with my kind of being cautious...

• Advertisement

35notout wrote: »
    Why the attitude? Seems a bit harsh....

What 'attitude'?
    Do you like to repeat yourself ever and ever again? That very question I had already answered short time ago...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Actually Im no longer interested in this but thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

could you at least tell me what part of the country you want people from/filming is at? Or do I just presume that it's Dublin (there is a world outside of The Pale you konw)
    I'm living in Galway....

Advertisement