Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS-goddamn it!

Options
  • 15-10-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

i ordered clothes from david and goliath in america about 2 weeks ago and paid pretty much the price of the garments again for UPS delivery(the only option that delivers to Ireland)
    Fast foward a fortnight and i get a slip through the door from UPS saying that they called and that nobody was around to deliver(at about 2.30pm) and also that i owe them another 40 quids.
    I rang them and i was informed that this was nothing to do with them and that it is taxes added on by the company.
    I then asked was it possible to schedule delivery in a time frame that i would be home to sign,they said no, it's just between 9am and 5pm.The thing is,i am in college all week,there is nobody here!They were really unhelpful!won't be using them again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It's pretty understandable tbh, you can hardly expect them to work beyond their working hours just to accommodate you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

im not expecting them to come knocking at 9pm or anything-i just think they should be able to say a rough 2/3 hour time frame that they'll be calling so i can make sure to be here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 caffreys

Maybe you can ask them to deliver to your college. I used to work for UPS and I know you can change the delivery address if you want.
    Also for the 40 euros; it must be duties. In short, duties have to paid when you import something from outside the european union. It's based on the value of the goods and part of the transport.
    Hope that helped

Advertisement