Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options
  • 15-10-2008 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

On behalf of A.I.M I'd like to announce a new Irish airsoft magazine.

'Right now it's available from most sites and retailers and should also be on the shelves in easons soon with a bit of luck. It will be retailing at € 6.00

'Each issue of Take A.I.M will feature items such as -

different sites,
    events & teams,
    individuals profiles and stories,
    competitions for guns and gear,
    readers page,
    funny pic page,
    maintenance pages,
    ASG ,VIPER, MADBULL and others are on board sending us new products for review and supplying goodies for the competitions

lots of good fun stuff!'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Good news, good luck with the mag, how much is it going to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kinkstr wrote: »
    Good news, good luck with the mag, how much is it going to cost?

Thought I included that..woopsy

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Best of luck lads.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Bravo lads.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Best of luck with it lads. Got the first issue. Not a bad read at all. Things can only get better :D .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Got one last Sunday at Fingal, has good information like how to do basic maintenance on aeg's and gbb's. Especially helpful for ppl like me who havn't been into the sport very long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Excellent news, ha ha. I'm the one in the poster. YO my fifteen minutes. This is going to sell and eh, not just cause its got me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm getting the impression that some people have found their pics being used in this mag without their knowledge.

Is this normal?

I'm getting the impression that some people have found their pics being used in this mag without their knowledge.

Is this normal?

I was informed before hand and they requested my permission, theres no need for that now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

Excellent news, ha ha. I'm the one in the poster. YO my fifteen minutes. This is going to sell and eh, not just cause its got me lol.
    i dont know who's the biggest poser you or vtec hehe and thanks for the comments everyone and dont forget to enter the competitions ya never know your luck and if nobody enters i'll just have to keep them for myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

So where does the rest of the country ie Non Dub's get this
    magazine? Is Eason's nation wide stocking it or just the Dublin Easons?
    And also is it an Irish magazine?

~B

A.I.M wrote: »
    i dont know who's the biggest poser you or vtec hehe and thanks for the comments everyone and dont forget to enter the competitions ya never know your luck and if nobody enters i'll just have to keep them for myself :D

I can't help what god gave me, lol. A curse!

we'll be going to G-tac the weekend with cameras in hand (and m14 scout) and will have a supply of mags with us we're still working on the easons thing ya can help us out by going into your local store and requesting the mag ;) we'll also have a web site up soon were you can buy online or subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Is this normal?

I would hope that permission has been asked for any photos used. I would be extremely unhappy if any of the airshot shots I have taken appeared without consulting with me and getting my agreement in advance.

we only use the photo's we take ourselves but people are welcome to send us photos thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ROFL., same here, Sometimes my looks are such a burden.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

*cough cough* Young Guns Column *cough cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

TBH I should get an article in this magazine just for my continuous posting in the warehouse thread... :D

Also I hope it gets into easons soon.. I dont get out to the airsoft shops or sites much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

A really good magazine that will only get better and better if it's supported by the community;);) Great job lads!!

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

wish you all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just two questions.......how much? and give it to me.

Doomofman wrote: »
    TBH I should get an article in this magazine just for my continuous posting in the warehouse thread... :D

Also I hope it gets into easons soon.. I dont get out to the airsoft shops or sites much

We will be selling them on site so no worries for you Doom, lol.

This is great, a form of media that is pro-airsoft. It's a breath of fresh air, also it means the likes of myself who can't make it down to every site can keep up with community news and have a wee look at other sites.

I say again, Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Have a copy and i have to say well done lads, it's great to see this so early on in the sport's lifetime in Ireland, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Anyway for guys up north to get these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Got this when you came into dcu yesterday, good read, good info and intro to sites and teams for noobs like me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

You guys have a website?

Man I'm so bummed I'm missing out on the first issue... Welly them into Eason as soon as possible :p

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Great mag guys its a HUGE plus for the sport everyone should buy a copy and support the magazine as it is made for us the gamers , best of luck guys looking forward to the next one

THE AIRSOFT TACTICAL FORCE

Beast ASI wrote: »
    Anyway for guys up north to get these?
    web site should be up soon and you'll be able to buy copies online let me know if you want one sooner and i'll try getting a copy posted to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

is this going to be a weekly, by weekly ot monthly magazine
    hopefully i can get a copy
    anyone know if tony has them cause im going there on saturday anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Yeah! Tony had them this week. Probably still has a copy or two left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement