Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Oh yeah, it looks good, in a sort of Inglorious Basterds way.

I mustn't be thinkin about the same logo, is this it? i dont think they share very much really.,

Edit, moggy thought the same thing. must be just me.,lol

1stheerparadehelmetEagle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

No, this one...

nazi_eagle_black.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

HAHA, god they should have just used ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sharpshooter86

great mag lads gets beter every issue.. keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Great issue defo best so far ( lolz)

Was really bricking bout my article since I'd never written about airsoft but it looked to have come out pretty decent, thanks a million to Ian,Alan and the team for giving me the opportunity, really appreciated, and who knows if it didnt totally suck I'd well do more ;)

I had to lol at the logo put in, I dont know where it came from, but I actually like it, it instantly struck me as something from Judge Dredd, then again I can clearly see the similarities, I wonder if this will spawn some epic rumours about us now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Great mag lads. A good read through and through. Funny to see half the regular posters on here are hawks. Also noticed you dropped the Irish bit in the name, reaching out to a larger audience? Loved the FCS academy. Also great review on the AGM M4, makes me want to buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

pm sent :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was really bricking bout my article since I'd never written about airsoft but it looked to have come out pretty decent, thanks a million to Ian,Alan and the team for giving me the opportunity, really appreciated, and who knows if it didnt totally suck I'd well do more ;)

Ah it was alright yeah, if only ya'd said something about the bleed'n game.
    Haha

Ah it was alright yeah, if only ya'd said something about the bleed'n game.
    Haha

it was originally 2800 words, way too much, a blow by blow encounter, so i just...re did it really ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

ok, just to clear the hawks thing. i wasnt calling them nazies. :) that logo just kinda fit the design of the articles well. so we used it. thanks for all the positive reaction guys. it means a lot. we try to make every issue better than the last. oh, we did drop the ireland bit in the name, we distribute all over the UK now, so thats why. but as you can see, we still have loads of irish airsoft content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Ian, I really liked the new cover, it's much cleaner. Though it's a shame that you changed the logo from green, white and orange to red, white and blue. Perhaps it suited the photo better.

Anyway, good issue, it's going from strength to strength. And a great reminder to never stand in front of Simon. Now if I could only get you to stop using the w-word... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Lacertus

OzCam wrote: »
    And a great reminder to never stand in front of Simon. Now if I could only get you to stop using the w-word... :)

lol ah dont worry ozcam i wudnt shoot ye, but others watch out :D also yus we dont use w word no more, its G50 Juggernaut now :P

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    ok, just to clear the hawks thing. i wasnt calling them nazies. :)

No no its fine, you just took Take aim cup thrash talk to a whole new level, spreading rumours...well, I'll have the last laugh on that one

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Could someone tell me how often this magazine comes out is it once a month or once every two months and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Lordhogo wrote: »
    Could someone tell me how often this magazine comes out is it once a month or once every two months and so on.

it a bi monthly, mate. the current issue is aug-sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    it a bi monthly, mate. the current issue is aug-sept.

Right thanks

TheDoc wrote: »
    it was originally 2800 words, way too much, a blow by blow encounter, so i just...re did it really ;)

Ah relax, you're grand.
    It was a grand article.

Thanks babes

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Team Kosa

Any news Take AIM Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

Hey lads,
    Any chance of a date on the next issue?!?!
    Looking forward to seeing the Tigers section.
    Shame we couldn't get more team pics in.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Alan mentioned 1st October to me the other day, I could be wrong though, he might have said something like "beginning" of October, but its coming soon none the less., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, and wait till you see the front cover........

Richie's on it again :D

Here....

FUKKK

OFFFF!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Now, this'll be a straight walk-off, old school rules. First airsofter poses; second airsofter duplicates, then elaborates. Okay, boys - let's go to work! :rolleyes:

Masada wrote: »
    Alan mentioned 1st October to me the other day, I could be wrong though, he might have said something like "beginning" of October, but its coming soon none the less., :)

No worries Masada,
    Cheers for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Troyad21 wrote: »
    Hey lads,
    Any chance of a date on the next issue?!?!
    Looking forward to seeing the Tigers section.
    Shame we couldn't get more team pics in.
    Cheers.

Agreed, Some of the guys just got fed up waiting around. -
    Also - hoping for a short/meaningful article on the progress or otherwise of the Take Aim Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

just put issue 7 up on our site it will be available from thursday
    He will do anything to get himself on the cover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I have it on good authority that is Alan in his usual Saturday night outfit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

well steve they are very comfortable :D

• Advertisement

A.I.M wrote: »
    just put issue 7 up on our site it will be available from thursday
    Richie mangan will do anything to get himself on the cover :)

Any chance of the Tiger's getting a few complimentary issues for loaning our beautiful selves to your wonderful publication?!?!haha....:D
    Especially for Gar and DOC as they spent ages in Brown Thomas getting their make up done beforehand, haha....;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement