Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

It's long been the tradition for the featured team to grace the front cover of Take Aim......are you telling me this is the new Tigers loadout??!!:eek:

AIMCOV7.jpg

...and to think we slagged Mangan for wearing fake tan and lipstick on the cover of the last issue....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

It's long been the tradition for the featured team to grace the front cover of Take Aim......are you telling me this is the new Tigers loadout??!!:eek:

AIMCOV7.jpg

...and to think we slagged Mangan for wearing fake tan and lipstick on the cover of the last issue....:p

Yeah we where surprised ourselves when the the photographer came with a wardrobe full of these catsuits?!?!:confused:
    I think he got his gigs mixed up, haha....
    (FHM/Take Aim)haha....
    Maybe the new Catwomon movie even?!?!
    Still surprisingly enough someone (not naming anyone) was more than happy to squezz into one?!?!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

AIMCOV7.jpg

I can just imagine the arguement between Ian and Alan when the new issue came off the press:

"I said feature LAYLAX products on the front cover, not LAYTEX!!!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats always been the tigers loadout, they just wore camo over it most times. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

I knew that cover would start a tsunami of trash talk. :) Issue 7 will hit the shelves by the weekend. it's our best yet and we're already planning on making issue 8 something very very special. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed... Martin, Richard Tolan & Dan. and of course, Richie for wearing the latex for the cover! hahahahahah. on a more serious note... I don't want any filthy comments about the cover! when you read the editor's note, you'll understand. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

i don't care !!!! i would cover her rear any time:p:p:p:p....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I for one welcome our new long legged stiletto heeled latex clad lingerie wearing well armed overlords.

Oh, the nags have a small feature in this issue. :)
    OzCam wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new long legged stiletto heeled latex clad lingerie wearing well armed overlords.

In Issue 7 there are:

3 AEG reviews plus a reader's review.
    A maintenance section
    a special on women in airsoft
    a team special
    "a day in the life..."
    an article on competitive airsoft
    young guns
    reviews on accessories
    a site review
    and lots more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Butter Voucher

Hi guys....
    Can any body let me know if theirs gona be a take aim tournament going to happen any time this year....!!
    Been waiting around for months and still havent heard any news off when its going to happen?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Oh, the nags have a small feature in this issue. :)

I've seen their new photos :eek:

I think their 2010 calendar will sell quite well...

Hi guys....
    Can any body let me know if theirs gona be a take aim tournament going to happen any time this year....!!
    Been waiting around for months and still havent heard any news off when its going to happen?? :(

this isnt the place to be talking about the tournament. but anyway, I'll say a few words. I can understand a lot of people are pissed off about it. But nobody is more pissed off about it than me. There's a very good reason why there's been nothing said about it in quite a while. But there will be an official statement made very soon.

OzCam wrote: »
    I've seen their new photos :eek:

I think their 2010 calendar will sell quite well...

Yeah, I might get one for myself... just to support their organisation of course. :D:D

Soon u say..........
    il be waitin for that 2 happen........!!!!

Soon u say..........
    il be waitin for that 2 happen........!!!!

what team are you part of?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

what team are you part of?

Dont start all that again please. We had that kind of responce over on the compound thread.

All I'm saying is that there will be a statement made quite soon. All team captains involved have either my number or my brother's number and can call us at any time and have a conversation with us. I'd rather people didn't make remarks like that on this forum. End of...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

All I'm saying is that there will be a statement made quite soon. All team captains involved have either my number or my brother's number and can call us at any time and have a conversation with us. I'd rather people didn't make remarks like that on this forum. End of...

That’s all you needed to say the first time round.

"What team are you on" comes across as divisionary and dismissive to all the airsofters that are not on a team.

Oh, and Butter Voucher THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT!

Vents wrote: »
    That’s all you needed to say the first time round.

"What team are you on" comes across as divisionary and dismissive to all the airsofters that are not on a team.

Oh, and Butter Voucher THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT!

I didnt intend to be dismissive at all. What I meant was that if he was part of a team who are entered, his team captain can ring me. Simple as that. I'm not getting dragged into an arguement here.

jeez lads....i was only asking a question.....right i wont ask again...thanks for the info any way!gud luck with everything.....cheers....!!!

• Advertisement

jeez lads....i was only asking a question.....right i wont ask again...thanks for the info any way!gud luck with everything.....cheers....!!!

I was also only asking a question, so i could give you info. no hard feelings, didn''t mean to appear as being snotty. anyways. we have made a lot of moves in regards to the tournament this week and we should be able to make the long awaited announcement on Monday, at the latest. :D

Hey lads,
    Went over to Liffey Valley Easons after work today hoping to get my hands on the new issue but with no luck.:(
    Could you tell me the closest place to Clondalkin that stock it?!?!

P.S. Don't mind Butter Voucher he's just hormonal because his Dad didn't let him play at the weekend, haha. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

not in bray yet too,iwas told they will be in in the mornin,so try again tomorrow mate

deco nate wrote: »
    not in bray yet too,iwas told they will be in in the mornin,so try again tomorrow mate

Sound mate,
    Will do.

Hi lads,
    I reckons it will be monday morning before it hits all the shops around the country. But some places may have today or tomorrow, if you dont see it on the shelf, ask at the counter it may be in the stores and hasnt been put on the shelves just yet.
    Hope you all enjoy it, there's a lot of good stuff in this issue. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Lovely job on this months issue. :)
    That new high glass paper used on the cover is brilliant too, plus, theres plenty of girls in it. what more could ya want? :D

Hi, All.
    I'd like to announce that the Take Aim cup II, is to go ahead. Unfortunately, we have had to change the venue. I can't give out too many details right now but it will be going ahead and I'm 99% certain it will be in November. Apologies again to all who have had to wait. And I'd like to thank those who have been patient with us (99% of all players involved). I should be able to confirm the full details (venue, dates, rules, etc.) within the next week. All I can say right now is that it will take place at a new venue, which is not open at present. It will be a real eye opener for you all...:D but I'll say no more for now. Once we have all the details confirmed we will contact all team captains. and will also make an announcement here on boards.ie , and a full run down of the event will be posted on takeaim.ie ,
    thanks, guys.

Masada wrote: »
    Lovely job on this months issue. :)
    That new high glass paper used on the cover is brilliant too, plus, theres plenty of girls in it. what more could ya want? :D

Cheers, bro. couldn't have done it without ya. :) and u look wonderful on the cover... yet again,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

Hi, All.
    I'd like to announce that the Take Aim cup II, is to go ahead. Unfortunately, we have had to change the venue. I can't give out too many details right now but it will be going ahead and I'm 99% certain it will be in November. Apologies again to all who have had to wait. And I'd like to thank those who have been patient with us (99% of all players involved). I should be able to confirm the full details (venue, dates, rules, etc.) within the next week. All I can say right now is that it will take place at a new venue, which is not open at present. It will be a real eye opener for you all...:D but I'll say no more for now. Once we have all the details confirmed we will contact all team captains. and will also make an announcement here on boards.ie , and a full run down of the event will be posted on takeaim.ie ,
    thanks, guys.

that was not so hard to do

this whole take aim cup has being a major pr disaster both for your magazine and brand name

talk about 2 steps forward and 10 back

the whole episode was handled very badly especially as other parties money was involved

i for one think the teams should be refunded and be allowed re entry covered by yourselves...... as organisers you defaulted on your commitment to them

hopefully this time around it will go ahead as a lot of people had made arrangements for last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

well done lads im sure out of all the guys that you where the most disappointed that it fell thou, it was you guys that have taking all the risks from setting up the mag to getting the cup up and running i for one would like to thank you and all involved..
    thanks lads
    Denis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement