Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

that have taking all the risks from setting up the mag to getting the cup up and running

hello

they make money from sales and advertising they made a commitment to the public and failed to produce the end product

i do not think they should be praised for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Sorry, but I smell a troll.

Anyone know if Take AIM is in any Lucan retailers yet?

as an airsoft supplier who let down their readers i think the magazine should have come back with some kind of voucher or other enticement in way of saying sorry to their loyal readers

im sure im not the only player who has being buying the magazine since day one

as a media format they have that responsibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

that have taking all the risks from setting up the mag to getting the cup up and running

hello

they make money from sales and advertising they made a commitment to the public and failed to produce the end product

Well, well, well, "silverfox" You're a very opinionated person aren't you. First off, the take aim cup fell through at the last minute. It wasn't our fault. it was out of our hands. I have apologised to countless airsofters because of it. It was a major disappointment to me, personally.

We make very little from advertising, nowhere near enough to pay the costs of our printing. If you have ever read our magazine you will notice that its not full of ads. (usually 6 - 8 pages) If we were only after money it would be full of ads, cover to cover. We started Take Aim magazine because we love airsoft and wanted to help IRISH airsoft as much as we could., back in a time when the sport was under fire.

I'd like to thank Mafia boy for his support, and his support from day one. (top bloke)

We will deliver a fantastic cup event. And if you feel so strongly, Silverfox, you can give me a call. thanks for your opinions, mate..

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Well, well, well, "silverfox" You're a very opinionated person aren't you. First off, the take aim cup fell through at the last minute. It wasn't our fault. it was out of our hands. I have apologised to countless airsofters because of it. It was a major disappointment to me, personally.

We make very little from advertising, nowhere near enough to pay the costs of our printing. If you have ever read our magazine you will notice that its not full of ads. (usually 6 - 8 pages) If we were only after money it would be full of ads, cover to cover. We started Take Aim magazine because we love airsoft and wanted to help IRISH airsoft as much as we could., back in a time when the sport was under fire.

I'd like to thank Mafia boy for his support, and his support from day one. (top bloke)

We will deliver a fantastic cup event. And if you feel so strongly, Silverfox, you can give me a call. thanks for your opinions, mate..

i will gladly call you and give my support to the cup when it happens and offer any help i can i will pm my number to you

martin

oh ps i have being reading your magazine from day one and personally take credit for introducing a fair amount of people to your magazine it is just very annoying that it took you months to announce to the public that you made an error

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

hello

as an airsoft supplier who let down their readers i think the magazine should have come back with some kind of voucher or other enticement in way of saying sorry to their loyal readers

im sure im not the only player who has being buying the magazine since day one

as a media format they have that responsibility

If you're looking to start an arguement go and do it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

im sorry but i was making a comment to the guys and i was hoping no one would pick it a part THE DONE THING ON BOARDS THESE DAYS ON EVERYTHING !!!
    it was my pint of view no doubt this will be pick a part as well...

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Sorry, but I smell a troll.

Anyone know if Take AIM is in any Lucan retailers yet?

Hi. As far as I know it's in the Tesco stores now, and probably Easons. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Hi. As far as I know it's in the Tesco stores now, and probably Easons. cheers.

Thanks Ian!

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Thanks Ian!

No problem, mate!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

good luck with the cup lads,just hope us non team guys can buy tickets and come and watch the action! think i guessed the new site :):) lookin forward to all the info on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

deco nate wrote: »
    good luck with the cup lads,just hope us non team guys can buy tickets and come and watch the action! think i guessed the new site :):) lookin forward to all the info on this one
    non team players are more than welcome deco and they will be able to camp over for the weekend there will also be an area for them to play in
    thanks for your support mate

A.I.M wrote: »
    non team players are more than welcome deco and they will be able to camp over for the weekend there will also be an area for them to play in
    thanks for your support mate

we heard the same promises a while back

my poor treadmill has been worn to a nub im looking forward to this can you tell me when in Nov it is we have a fue thing on in that month + its my b-day in Nov...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Great news lads, I know your puring your heart and soul into this and were sincerely dissapointed at it not going ahead the first time, but it shows great character to persevere and ensure you could get it done, and you really really really have something special on your hands that will , again, change the face of irish airsoft, and put us firmly on the map with a quality event.

Some people do not understand/comprehend the effort involve in setting up something like this, evident by the fact that no one else has or is doing anything similar.

You owe nothing to us, as your supplying an event that is beneficial to the game and everyone involved, and when you look at costs your asking for peanuts for such a monumentus occasion, for the chance to be the best.

Keep up the sterling work, I cannot wait for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Butter Voucher

Oh brian dats harsh........just becuz im a beta airsofter dan u hahaha:p:p

if you only knew the trouble the compund lads, the IAA and myself and Ian went through , it was taken out of our hands at the last minute the site owners nearly lost everything and we are all still working hard to get that place open
    very easy for the likes of you to sit back and complain about everything
    if you dont like or agree with what we do dont bother buying our mag or attending our events go and pick a row somewhere else please

my mum said to me when i was young if you have nutting good to say keep your mouth closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

You should always have a back up plan, like another site to fall back on, what happened to picking the site's name out of a hat, for the cup game, as i was told, last year.

And i never could have run this at my site, as in with the numbers involved.

Paul.

hindsight is a greet thing..

• Advertisement

hrta wrote: »
    You should always have a back up plan, like another site to fall back on, what happened to picking the site's name out of a hat, for the cup game, as i was told, last year.

Paul.
    camping and parking for possibly 350 players for a weekend turned into real issue Paul hope you understand
    HRTA is a great site and I have always enjoyed myself there some of my best days out were on your site and I look forward to my next visit
    if I'm still welcome

forgive me for saying this but doz HRTA have the room for 300+ and camping

is editing a greet

cant you just wait and see,give them a chance please,if it doesnt happen then you can have your firin squad,for the love for god,or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

camping and parking for possibly 350 players for a weekend turned into real issue Paul hope you understand
    HRTA is a great site and I have always enjoyed myself there some of my best days out were on your site and I look forward to my next visit
    if I'm still welcome

you miss guoted my post, i said i could not run it, at my site, and your more than welcome at my site any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

if you only knew the trouble the compund lads, the IAA and myself and Ian went through , it was taken out of our hands at the last minute the site owners nearly lost everything and we are all still working hard to get that place open
    very easy for the likes of you to sit back and complain about everything
    if you dont like or agree with what we do dont bother buying our mag or attending our events go and pick a row somewhere else please

should of used somewhere up and running. just my two cents..

editing after words is a greet thing init..

andy_g wrote: »
    should of used somewhere up and running. just my two cents..
    so what sites that are up and runnin can have 300+ people camp and play there? id like to know:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

deco nate wrote: »
    so what sites that are up and runnin can have 300+ people camp and play there? id like to know:eek::)

ya have loads of sites gtac drogheda mac hrta ect rest my case for ya??

really,300+???? camping and playin well fair play to ya didnt think they were that big,my bad

• Advertisement

andy i think hrta /drogheda no dising would not be able to hold 200 never mind 300+

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement