Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

andy_g wrote: »
    ya have loads of sites gtac drogheda mac hrta ect rest my case for ya??
    just read a post from hrta,and they said they can not handle the numbers,maybe you need to edit you post

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

depends on if we have the other field. yead so feel free to dismiss gtac also then. for etc east vs west, the gathering etc. facts get em straight my friend do you even skirmish deco?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

andy thats true

no just said hrta,cant talk for the rest of the sites,maybe let them talk for them selfs?why put down the boys for doin the bigest comp outside main land europe?

• Advertisement

im not having a personal attack here nor will i accept one but take a look at the sites when you come for a skirmish. also its a forum so people can add their opinions as i said it was only my two cents. i have to agree with you let the other sites talk for them selves. and lastly i am not putting anyone down

depends on if we have the other field. yead so feel free to dismiss gtac also then. for etc east vs west, the gathering etc. facts get em straight my friend do you even skirmish deco?
    yes i do,thanks for the attack on me,but i have not play on your site yet,but i am hopin to,cheers
    deco

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

deco nate wrote: »
    no just said hrta,cant talk for the rest of the sites,maybe let them talk for them selfs?why put down the boys for doin the bigest comp outside main land europe?

I never was putting them down, they put a lot work in to this, and i know this, jus the last time, i got a lot in my ear, when,s it on, is it gpoing to be on, and so on, thats why i said to have a back up plan, and post it up, and then every one knows.

mafiaboy: i did edit my post, but you should check time line, i didnt edit it after Ian posted, i'm just a slow at typing.

on that bomb shell i leave it on that

on that bomb shell i leave it on that
    sorry i thought you were involed in runnin a site,my bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

yes i do,thanks for the attack on me,but i have not play on your site yet,but i am hopin to,cheers
    deco

Sorry but there was no personal attack by Andy towards you.

To be honest I don't see why there are people complaining about the Take AIM Cup, from what I've read, it had been postponed by unforseeable circumstances which were not their fault. Team's were notified, teams accepted it, now that the Cup is back on again teams will be notified of the situation and then so will the public.

Yes, there are some sites that won't be able to cater for the size of the competition and some that will. Andy wasn't putting any sites or individuals down.

Stop giving out, if it wasn't for the lads at Take AIM, there wouldn't have been something like this in the first place, be grateful for the time and effort they have put in, for the teams, for you, for everyone.

Deco only the first line of this post was directed at you, the rest was for everyone else.

Ger.

cheers bud,think you mean the last line? ie do you even skrimiish? .but i do know what you mean thanks bud

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

There is no site that is currently open, that can serve the numbers that need to be.

You have to remember, there must be 3-4 games going on AT ONCE, along with parking, camping, **** loads of logistics and the like. There definitely nowhere open now that can hold it properly as a spectacle, hence the delays.

So why doesnt everyone go a chill out, and stop the willy wagging and fanboi'ism ( Andy >:( ) and cut the lads some slack.

They could turn around and tell us to **** off, cause im sure they dont need the hassle.

Also, I find it interesting some of the people posting the negetitives, what teams are you on, and will you be participating.

There has not been one bit of constructive feedback, just downright ****e talk.

If its not constructive, go and hump, grow a pair, and run an event better yourself.

Until you do, your not in a position to should the odds...

(aimed at all the piss poor attempts posted in here at negetivity)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Personally I think G-Tac should have got a chance to hold this comp as it can hold the numbers involved, or for that matter using two sites to hold the comp.

Do you guys have a back up if this one fails to get up and running?
    Wrap up warm if your camping in November, also considering this is a new venue will it be open to the public before the cup?
    Will the marshals have enough experience considering it's a new site?

Will the teams get a chance to look at or play it before they sign up and pay the deposit for the cup?

Will the price still be the same?
    Will you be charging spectators this time?
    Will spectators be able to see the games that are played?
    Some teams dropped out of the last cup so what is the line up of paid up teams as it stands now?
    Will a fresh draw of teams be made and in front of team captains as was promised last time around?
    Will new teams be allowed to enter this time around?

I'm sure this event will be a great event and I have every faith in you guys to pull it off and stage another cracking comp;):).

Bren

i agree with ya doc as i said im done :)

if its who i think it is,they already have a site up an runin,maybe the sites that have been runnin for years can offer thier help, but you have some good points bren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

so what sites that are up and runnin can have 300+ people camp and play there? id like to know:eek::)
    ya have loads of sites gtac drogheda mac hrta ect rest my case for ya??
    Personally I think G-Tac should have got a chance to hold this comp as it can hold the numbers involved, or for that matter using two sites to hold the comp.

Do you guys have a back up if this one fails to get up and running?
    Wrap up warm if your camping in November, also considering this is a new venue will it be open to the public before the cup?
    Will the marshals have enough experience considering it's a new site?

Will the teams get a chance to look at or play it before they sign up and pay the deposit for the cup?

Will the price still be the same?
    Will you be charging spectators this time?
    Will spectators be able to see the games that are played?
    Some teams dropped out of the last cup so what is the line up of paid up teams as it stands now?
    Will a fresh draw of teams be made and in front of team captains as was promised last time around?
    Will new teams be allowed to enter this time around?

I'm sure this event will be a great event and I have every faith in you guys to pull it off and stage another cracking comp;):).

Bren
    Thank Bren ,
    we would love to have been asked and we would be able to acomadate numbers ,plus we could have both our sites in play which would add to the gaming experiance and before anyone says yes we have transport lined up to transport people between sites we would have liked to have been asked.Good luck with it anyway
    Re gards Evelyn

if its who i think it is,they already have a site up an runin,maybe the sites that have been runnin for years can offer thier help, but you have some good points bren.

If it's who I think it is, they don't have a site up and running and they have no airsoft background at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

If it's who I think it is, they don't have a site up and running and they have no airsoft background at all!

yes Bren is right on this matter I tottally agree with him on this from what we have heard there is no airsoft background at all .

oh,sorry bud,you may be right,just thought the clues are here on the boards already,been readin tru all of it,thought i had a good idea meslelf,but im sure you know more than me,sorry bud,just think were ever this happens its good for our sport/hobby
    deco

• Advertisement

oh,sorry bud,you may be right,just thought the clues are here on the boards already,been readin tru all of it,thought i had a good idea meslelf,but im sure you know more than me,sorry bud,just think were ever this happens its good for our sport/hobby
    deco

Deco mate I totally agree with you, it will be good for the sport;)
    But in my eyes the sites that have helped this sport grow in the last few years are being over looked badly and not given a fair shake of the stick, if this site is the one I've being hearing about it's a big business investing money on a site that is business first and airsoft second maybe even third:mad:.
    Not to mention it is these sites that helped and backed and supported this very magazine when it first came out as did the players, plinkers and collectors.

Right I'm sounding bitter now.... I'll stop:o

no!dont it is you right as a site to sound your opions,and i have talk to other sites bout this(they will rename namless)have said the same thing to me,some sites,and teams are gettin unfair coverage in the mag,i mean their is more than two(three)teams in our fair land yet they get all the coverage in the mag,.and i too think this HAS to change,after all,this game/sport is growin week by weekj,and readin the mag most will think threre three of four sites in our fair land,yet we all know there are many many more,and this needs to be adressed,rant over

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no!dont it is you right as a site to sound your opions,and i have talk to other sites bout this(they will rename namless)have said the same thing to me,some sites,and teams are gettin unfair coverage in the mag,i mean their is more than two(three)teams in our fair land yet they get all the coverage in the mag,.and i too think this HAS to change,after all,this game/sport is growin week by weekj,and readin the mag most will think threre three of four sites in our fair land,yet we all know there are many many more,and this needs to be adressed,rant over

While im not getting involved in this little debate since i think it lacks in reasonable cause, I just had a quick think there and just off the top of my head i'll list the sites i remeber have been featured so far,
    Fingal ( twas the day of my first visit to the site actually)
    Drogheda (the ghosts team shoot aswell as either the Vipers or ATF, cant remember exactly which)
    Gtac (The all philipino cup)
    The Warehouse (new ladies section was done there aswell as the Team AON feature)
    Foxtrot 58, (a site in the north featured last month)
    HRTA (the hawks team feature)
    Redbarn, ( the Tigers team feature this issue)

While im in no way looking to have an argument with anyone, you have to admit thats quite a spread of sites and teams. and those are only the ones from my sieve of a head. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

we feature a different every issue deco if anyone has a team that would like to be featured just contact us its not that hard to find us
    or if an individual would like to be in the shooter article we do again just call us
    we do try and get round to the sites but we can only fit so much into each issue and now we are featuring the uk too so its hard
    and yes players will get to play on this site before it opens
    and yes there will be a new draw done
    and yes new teams can contact us to enter
    and what is wrong with someone making a big investment into a site ?
    is that not a good thing ? i think it is
    and to be honest i dont like the idea of running it on two different sites
    i'm trying to organise an event that i hope will put irish airsoft on the map and hopefully get teams from abroad to come play here
    maybe i should'nt bother doing it at all would you all be happy then ?
    god knows i could do without the stress

Masada wrote: »
    While im not getting involved in this little debate since i think it lacks in reasonable cause, I just had a quick think there and just off the top of my head i'll list the sites i remeber have been featured so far,
    Fingal ( twas the day of my first visit to the site actually)
    Drogheda (the ghosts team shoot aswell as either the Vipers or ATF, cant remember exactly which)
    Gtac (The all philipino cup)
    The Warehouse (new ladies section was done there aswell as the Team AON feature)
    Foxtrot 58, (a site in the north featured last month)
    HRTA (the hawks team feature)
    Redbarn, ( the Tigers team feature this issue)

While im in no way looking to have an argument with anyone, you have to admit thats quite a spread of sites and teams. and those are only the ones from my sieve of a head. :)

You are right Masada:)
    Alot of sites have had a feature in the mag and to the guys at Take Aim I'm extremely grateful for such features.

But you are the biggest poser/poster whore for that mag and your opinion is biased:P:P:P your like the page 3 girl (Samanta 'Can You See me Knockers' Fox) of airsoft in Ireland:P:P

Seriously the guys at Take Aim are doing a great job on the magazine front and I'm not knocking that one bit, you can see it is getting better and better with every issue.

I just think the decision to host the cup at the next bestest newest site is flawed as proven before, not putting the guys at The Compound down I'm sure they would have loved to be open by now.

Deco mate I totally agree with you, it will be good for the sport;)
    But in my eyes the sites that have helped this sport grow in the last few years are being over looked badly and not given a fair shake of the stick, if this site is the one I've being hearing about it's a big business investing money on a site that is business first and airsoft second maybe even third:mad:.
    Not to mention it is these sites that helped and backed and supported this very magazine when it first came out as did the players, plinkers and collectors.

Right I'm sounding bitter now.... I'll stop:o
    A.I.M wrote: »
    we feature a different every issue deco if anyone has a team that would like to be featured just contact us its not that hard to find us
    or if an individual would like to be in the shooter article we do again just call us
    we do try and get round to the sites but we can only fit so much into each issue and now we are featuring the uk too so its hard
    i'm trying to organise an event that i hope will put irish airsoft on the map and hopefully get teams from abroad to come play here
    no i wont for one if you look over ALL MY POSTS HERE,you will see i have been backin up all you are doin,however regards the sites issue,some sites do get a big write up,and other are like,oh yea here are some others,sod all bout how they are run,just glanced over,or how much they fun and well run(ie red barn)now i know you have a lot to do,but i think you owe more to ALL sites and teams,and iknow it will take a LONG time to get around to it,but there ARE sites that have been in your mag on one than more times,here in ilrland,why not do a focus,on others that you have said have een in you mag,but more like a throw off,like a castaway remark,i wiilback back up anyone who has a good point,thank you for your time and like i said,this is not an attack,just my view on what i have seen in the mag
    regards
    deco

sorry my rant was before you included england:) deco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

deco red barn were asked if they wanted to be featured and said no
    they want to wait until the site is finished there are pics of that site in issue 6 and the tigers were reviewed there in issue 7 thats as much as i can do on then till they are ready

A.I.M wrote: »

Don't take this so personal?
    My questions were valid and you have answered them, thanks;) but when you take on a big event the stress comes with the job I'm afraid:cool:
    I have no problem with someone investing in a site at all and more power to them (god knows if I had the money I would invest it in my site), but there is some sites that invested time, money, man hours and sweat when this sport was still growing that where promised a fair shot at hosting this event that have not even being approached to see if they could work with you on the logistics off hosting such an event.

• Advertisement

sorry,my bad,but i just had to have a rant,seenin as i have beeen backin up the take aim games,and people hare(ie sitesO) are havin a go i can see threr points,good luuck with it all
    deco
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement