Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

I dont like the points that have been made about us not featuring enough sites or teams in the magazine. If you go through each issue yo will see we have featured HRTA, fingal, drogheda, simcom, limerick, gtac, ada, predator, the warehouse, mac, red barn, forxtrot. maybe more. and we've done a lot of work for irish airsoft teams. we dedicate a lot of pages to teams. if you want your team featured just email us or ring us.
    the tournament is huge. some sites cant handle the numbers. gtac in particular was one that can handle such numbers and is a viable option. remember that this tournament will be held twice a year. if we can get gtac for a future tournament and players are willing to travel down, we'll do it there.
    if all the sites in ireland want to get together and organise a league, then take aim will give them our full support and help and would feature such a league in each issue of the mag. just an idea that i think would be great and would boost numbers attending ALL sites in the country, ALL year round.
    i dont want to be arguing with people here. the idea of the cup was to deliver a large scale event for irish airsofters, to put us on the map. its a shame that it has caused so many arguments and bitterness. it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.
    I'm hoping this tournament will be a success though. I'll come back on in a few days with more details.
    cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1 to that. Like a lot of things to do with Airsoft, people always jump to knock it when they're not willing to stand up and put the work in themselves. I've only been partially involved with the effort to get the Take AIM cup to happen over the last several months, and it's been an absolutely ridiculous amount of work -- now with the new site the lads have set themselves a deadline that would make any sane person stay up at night in a cold sweat.

The last take AIM cup was about showcasing a new site -- Rathbeggan was brand new, and all the same questions people are asking about this new site apply there. I don't remember seeing anywhere near the amount of bellyacheing I'm seeing in here.

Speaking strictly as a player, I think that's the way it should be -- the sites that have been around forever have their customer bases already, and it's up to them to continue to improve and expand. It's called competition.

Best of luck to the Take AIM lads, if I'm around for this event (work have started sending me off to random places a lot these days) you'll have me at your disposal to pitch in as a marshal, on the chrono, as tea-maker, or anything else that needs to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

O dear..... all these nasty politics!
    Plans were made, they fell through, big deal...
    Its a work in progress and when all the loose ends
    get tied up it will be worth the wait!

Hush arguing and get out and release your frustration by
    gaming instead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

i think it would be great if the competition was run country wide in a league type basis. Do you guys think this would be possible to do ?. There are a lot of teams in and around limerick and i know a lot of them would be delighted to take part in the competition ( i know i would)

thehorse wrote: »
    i think it would be great if the competition was run country wide in a league type basis. Do you guys think this would be possible to do ?. There are a lot of teams in and around limerick and i know a lot of them would be delighted to take part in the competition ( i know i would)

howdy, horse. I wasn't thinking of reformatting the take aim cup. What I meant was, like many sports, we could have a league and a cup. Football, Rugby, GAA, and so on have this type of set up. A league could be run over 9 - 10 months throughout the country at all the skirmish sites. and the cup is the showpiece for the community, like cup finals are for many other sports. I don't know if it's possible to run a league. It would take a lot of effort. And all the site owners would have to work together on it. We'd certainly love to see it happen though, I think it would be great and would only serve to boost interest in the sport and give it a new dimension in Ireland. Can it happen? Possibly. I'd like to hear the thoughts of site owners and teams on this subject...
    I think if one day we had this type of set up it would make the sport of airsoft a lot more legitimate in the eyes of those who oppose us. And I also believe it would draw in a lot of new players if they were to look at airsoft and see it was as well structured as mainstream sports.
    The die hard milsimmers might be having heart attacks reading this but we could also concentrate on that side of airsoft too. I'd love to see large scale milsims in Ireland that compare to those held in Britain and on the continent.
    Just some Monday morning thoughts... :)

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    +1 to that. Like a lot of things to do with Airsoft, people always jump to knock it when they're not willing to stand up and put the work in themselves. I've only been partially involved with the effort to get the Take AIM cup to happen over the last several months, and it's been an absolutely ridiculous amount of work -- now with the new site the lads have set themselves a deadline that would make any sane person stay up at night in a cold sweat.

The last take AIM cup was about showcasing a new site -- Rathbeggan was brand new, and all the same questions people are asking about this new site apply there. I don't remember seeing anywhere near the amount of bellyacheing I'm seeing in here.

Speaking strictly as a player, I think that's the way it should be -- the sites that have been around forever have their customer bases already, and it's up to them to continue to improve and expand. It's called competition.

Best of luck to the Take AIM lads, if I'm around for this event (work have started sending me off to random places a lot these days) you'll have me at your disposal to pitch in as a marshal, on the chrono, as tea-maker, or anything else that needs to get done.

cheers, dave:)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hi Ian,

I think your idea is an excellent one.

I suppose the sites would need to row in too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

awesome ideas:) i know that the lads in our "team":D would love to give a go at a nationwide league but yes, the amount of work that would go into organising such a thing would be immense

also, the new issue is class:) has more of everything:cool:
    fair play lads

gungun wrote: »
    awesome ideas:) i know that the lads in our "team":D would love to give a go at a nationwide league but yes, the amount of work that would go into organising such a thing would be immense

also, the new issue is class:) has more of everything:cool:
    fair play lads

cheers, bro.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 FF13

Just wana say great mag lads, best mag out there by far and i:m seeing it appear in alot more shops down here in wexford than ever before so great sign of how airsoft is spreading. Great issue and getting better and better every time! Keep up the great work. Thanks :D

• Advertisement

lee4785 wrote: »
    Just wana say great mag lads, best mag out there by far and i:m seeing it appear in alot more shops down here in wexford than ever before so great sign of how airsoft is spreading. Great issue and getting better and better every time! Keep up the great work. Thanks :D

Thanks a lot, Lee. your support is much appreciated. and the mag will continue to get better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭cpb

I purchased a subscription to your great mag and look forward to getting it, as it is a great read. But (only a small complaint) it is in the shops before I receive it by post. Perhaps as a benefit of taking out a sub the subscriber should receive it as early as possible, that way people are encouraged to take out a subscription and you benefit from guaranteed sales and increased cash flow. Congrats on producing a great magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭Vents

Hi Lads.

Good to hear all the hard work and fire fighting is paying off and the Cup is back.

I too would like to echo the good vibes towards the publication. A well informed piece of work that can have such a positive force in the community and reinforce a fledgling industry in Ireland has to be commended.

On a related subject, What do you think of reducing the Cup from the six month format to an annual event. It would give the you more time to organise and advertise (big build stuff) also I feel it would give the event more weight. (bigger prise being the winner would be the winner for the year, Possible sponsorship deals with the winner due to the coverage?)

Just some thoughts:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Hi lads, just want to say I picked up the new edition yesterday, great issue, loved the "Day in the Life" article and those women are HOT, your best yet!!
    Well done, don't mind the begrudgers, keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Vents wrote: »
    Hi Lads.

On a related subject, What do you think of reducing the Cup from the six month format to an annual event. It would give the you more time to organise and advertise (big build stuff) also I feel it would give the event more weight. (bigger prise being the winner would be the winner for the year, Possible sponsorship deals with the winner due to the coverage?)

Sounds like a great idea to me!

cpb wrote: »
    I purchased a subscription to your great mag and look forward to getting it, as it is a great read. But (only a small complaint) it is in the shops before I receive it by post. Perhaps as a benefit of taking out a sub the subscriber should receive it as early as possible, that way people are encouraged to take out a subscription and you benefit from guaranteed sales and increased cash flow. Congrats on producing a great magazine.

I'll look into that. You see, a courier company picks up th mags as soon as they come off the press and are brought straight to the distribution companies. I't's a vey fast and efficient process. But it's a very valid point and we'll work on getting mags to subscribers as early as possible. Glad you like the mag.:)

Vents wrote: »
    Hi Lads.

Good to hear all the hard work and fire fighting is paying off and the Cup is back.

I too would like to echo the good vibes towards the publication. A well informed piece of work that can have such a positive force in the community and reinforce a fledgling industry in Ireland has to be commended.

Hi vents. Good points well made. The cup thingy is still in its infancy and who knows what way it will evolve. It may become an annual event in the future. We'll do some hard thinking on that matter once we get the next event out of the way. :)

Mervenut wrote: »
    Hi lads, just want to say I picked up the new edition yesterday, great issue, loved the "Day in the Life" article and those women are HOT, your best yet!!
    Well done, don't mind the begrudgers, keep at it!

Thanks, mate. Very fond of the day in the life too. :D:D:D and yes, there are some nice ladies featured in this issue. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D haha.
    Everybody has the right to their opinion though, even the begrudgers. :mad:
    Thanks for your support. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Hi all,

Those that know Ian and Alan know that they would never do anything bad for airsoft. Those that know us know what happened to our site and that it was completely out of our control. We have never put business before airsoft (unlike others), we are non stop re-investing our profits into our sites (unlike others). We sponsor a team and a college social club to help the sport grow and we are constantly having in youth clubs at a loss to help the sport get a good name.

We were building The Compound for the community to have a great and accessable outdoor site but unfortunately we hit a few snags on the way, which can hardly be blamed on the take aim lads (The only people in Ireland to attempt such a large task for the community). They held on for so long because they know it has cost us a bomb and they are decent people who only tried to help out some mates (only to get lambasted by a load of children who have never done anything for the sport).

I no longer have any commercial interest in The Take Aim cup but I'm sure with lads such as Ian and Alan at the helm it will be a great event and I am obviously there if the lads need any help (as everyone should be).

It says alot about people when they kick others when they are down.

Honestly people, we call it a community!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RorTHorN

Great to hear lads.. Really looking forward to the cup...Is it still going to be held in Dublin...??
    Shame it's not the Compound but I still look forward to when they get everything sorted and can open. Reckon it will be a good place to play...!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RorTHorN

Hi all,

Those that know Ian and Alan know that they would never do anything bad for airsoft. Those that know us know what happened to our site and that it was completely out of our control. We have never put business before airsoft (unlike others), we are non stop re-investing our profits into our sites (unlike others). We sponsor a team and a college social club to help the sport grow and we are constantly having in youth clubs at a loss to help the sport get a good name.

We were building The Compound for the community to have a great and accessable outdoor site but unfortunately we hit a few snags on the way, which can hardly be blamed on the take aim lads (The only people in Ireland to attempt such a large task for the community). They held on for so long because they know it has cost us a bomb and they are decent people who only tried to help out some mates (only to get lambasted by a load of children who have never done anything for the sport).

I no longer have any commercial interest in The Take Aim cup but I'm sure with lads such as Ian and Alan at the helm it will be a great event and I am obviously there if the lads need any help (as everyone should be).

It says alot about people when they kick others when they are down.

Honestly people, we call it a community!
    Shame lads as I was really looking forward to the Compound..
    Hope you get everything sorted and can get the site opened...Maybe the next TA Cup could be held there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

well its great to hear its back on and fair play for doing it, i for one know the hassle with orgnaising events and one thing i've learnt is you'll nevver please everyone

and politics rears its head everywhere

i probably won't be bale to make it to the event as i had hoped as i'm getting married in early november and will then be on honeymoon for most of the rest of the month

but one thing that i just thought of, november can be a crazy mix of weather, so maybe see if theres a local hotel that would be prepared to offer a discount to players staying, i'm sure they're be delighted to have a few hundred rooms filled, because if its freezing camping could be a issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Hey guys. Was just wondering what the story with the cup is... i.e. dates, location and booking information etc.

Regards,
    The Operators

Hi all.
    The Take Aim Cup is to take place on the weekend the 28th and 29th of November. It is going to be at a new site in County Kildare, near Enfield. I'm currently writing up a more detailed annoucnement and I'll either post it here or on our website soon. We're hoping that 32 teams will be taking part. Because of the delays we have lost a few teams, so this is your opportunity to sign up and play in what will be a fantastic event.
    you can email us at ian@takeaim.ie, alan@takeaim.ie,

markomongo wrote: »
    Hey guys. Was just wondering what the story with the cup is... i.e. dates, location and booking information etc.

Regards,
    The Operators

Hi, are you guys entering?

here's the cover for issue 8. please guys, don't ask how we managed to get Stone Cold Steve Austin for the cover.... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

That looks deadly., The second best cover yet... :D

Masada wrote: »
    That looks deadly., The second best cover yet... :D

hahaha. of course. I think issue 6's cover will go down in history as the greatest cover of any magazine ever... its just a pity about the guy we picked for it, he ruined the shot! ha ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    here's the cover for issue 8. please guys, don't ask how we managed to get Stone Cold Steve Austin for the cover.... :D

goo gar! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

When is issue 8 out lads?? Am interested is seein the mall pics :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement