Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Masada wrote: »
    That looks deadly., The second best cover yet... :D

At least he's wearing camo-paint and not fake tan like on your cover shot :p

3775211954_6fa33b5c1b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    here's the cover for issue 8. please guys, don't ask how we managed to get Stone Cold Steve Austin for the cover.... :D
    oh please he looks nothing like me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cruumagazine

Best of luck with the magazine, know whats its like having started my own although mine is digital and not in print. Good luck with it anyway!

John
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Troyad21

Would ya look its Dove(Soap) MacTavish....from Call of Shower Duty:Modern No Hair 2 :p;):D

issue 8
    here's the cover for issue 8. please guys, don't ask how we managed to get Stone Cold Steve Austin for the cover....
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg cover8final.jpg (160.2 KB, 81 views)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

lperrozzi wrote: »
    When is issue 8 out lads?? Am interested is seein the mall pics :P
    it'll be out this weekend in certain places. but will be everywhere by early next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Stone.cold wrote: »
    oh please he looks nothing like me :D

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kimmyt1987

Oh Pleaseeeee....
    You clearly need another all female cover! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dazo

Well whats the story with the next issue what date is it out on and will it have pictures from the take aim cup in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Take aim mag

Issue 9 is out now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Loving the diversity lads, the new cover looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Looks deadly Ian., :)

Site Report (Irl) Red Barn Aisroft
    Site Report (US) Members Only
    Site Report (Scot) Freeport CQB
    Virtual Gamer (Reviews) Dark Void
    Virtual Gamer (Reviwes) Army of 2: The 40th Day
    Evolution: Resdient Evil
    Evolution: First Person Shooter
    Specials: Interactive shooter.
    Specials: Capturing the Spirit (Take Aim Cup II)
    Team Special: Team Kosa
    AEG Review: King Arms AK74
    AEG Review: Magpul PTS MOE DE
    Real Steel Comparison: L96 AW v G96-D
    Competition: G96-D
    Airsoft News
    & More...

Take Aim is now 50 cent cheaper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

HEY guys love the mag first and foremost. was in town today and saw issue 9 on sale impressed with the look and the new topics however (Perhaps this was an oversight) not to be a grouch, I noticed one thing that got my blood boiling. over the last few months and indeed year i have been stopped by several people saying is that equipment Irish army issue you can't use that. when it is only a poncho that looks like the Irish army dpm. I was horrified today to see a page size picture of a team kosa member dressed in Irish army dpm trousers and a smock jacket with the Irish flag on the left shoulder F.Y.I PAGE 44. This is madness that the national airsoft magazine could print a picture so blatently. these team members are breaking Irish law and the penalty is quite severe. you as managers and editors in the magazine should have not printed that picture and informed said team not to condone the use of Irish army gear against the law. As an airsofter myself i feel it is my duty to inform you that airsoft as a sport will be damaged by these occurances and we as airsoft players should be doing all we can to show the sport in a positive light. I can only imagine what will happen if an Army officer reports the image to the relevant authorities. Moan over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    As an airsofter myself i feel it is my duty to inform you that airsoft as a sport will be damaged by these occurances and we as airsoft players should be doing all we can to show the sport in a positive light.

This was obviously just an oversight Snake (The lads do be ran off their feet most of the time), maybe a quick PM would have been a better course of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

HEY guys love the mag first and foremost. was in town today and saw issue 9 on sale impressed with the look and the new topics however (Perhaps this was an oversight) not to be a grouch, I noticed one thing that got my blood boiling. over the last few months and indeed year i have been stopped by several people saying is that equipment Irish army issue you can't use that. when it is only a poncho that looks like the Irish army dpm. I was horrified today to see a page size picture of a team kosa member dressed in Irish army dpm trousers and a smock jacket with the Irish flag on the left shoulder F.Y.I PAGE 44. This is madness that the national airsoft magazine could print a picture so blatently. these team members are breaking Irish law and the penalty is quite severe. you as managers and editors in the magazine should have not printed that picture and informed said team not to condone the use of Irish army gear against the law. As an airsofter myself i feel it is my duty to inform you that airsoft as a sport will be damaged by these occurances and we as airsoft players should be doing all we can to show the sport in a positive light. I can only imagine what will happen if an Army officer reports the image to the relevant authorities. Moan over.

considering the problems that have been caused in the past when pictures like this have come to the attention of authority's not the best thing really :(

and then you have the whole ak74 really being an ak47, i know king arms market it under that name but i would have expected someone to have picked up on there mistake :) :eek: :D
    This was obviously just an oversight Snake (The lads do be ran off their feet most of the time), maybe a quick PM would have been a better course of action?

personally i see it as a good thing that the airsoft community can police itself as it where, if you have an open means of communication like this does not mean its excursively for the good stuff

if you see the picture you will see why i posted. it is so obvious that it is irish army DPM. i was shocked that somebody could not realise what might come of publishing this. Also not great conduct considering this team is the take aim champions. I have no respect for a foreign team who has no respect for my country or my countries rules.

if you see the picture you will see why i posted. it is so obvious that it is irish army DPM. i was shocked that somebody could not realise what might come of publishing this. Also not great conduct considering this team is the take aim champions. I have no respect for a foreign team who has no respect for my country or my countries rules.

i agree with your point about the picture, but i have to say i think it has nothing to do with them being a foreign team, unfortunately from experience the Irish are actually the worst for this

i agree with that just a bit wound up that they are actually wearing in effect the whole uniform:mad::mad:

i agree with that just a bit wound up that they are actually wearing in effect the whole uniform:mad::mad:

like i said i agree with you, unfortunately statement like that can be viewed equally in the wrong way and could distract from your original point ;)

• Advertisement

and then you have the whole ak74 really being an ak47, i know king arms market it under that name but i would have expected someone to have picked up on there mistake

and your point i had already mentioned this? if kings arms where trying to make a replica ak74 they failed, this would kinda be an important thing to point out in the review :)

i would say the irish dpm issue would have been more in need of comment than this :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Closed at the request of Take A.I.M.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement