Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

daz801 wrote: »
    is this going to be a weekly, by weekly ot monthly magazine
    hopefully i can get a copy
    anyone know if tony has them cause im going there on saturday anyway

yep the do!!! jus give him a shout and ask for him to hold onto one there wasnt many left on teusday:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

daz801 wrote: »
    is this going to be a weekly, by weekly ot monthly magazine
    hopefully i can get a copy
    anyone know if tony has them cause im going there on saturday anyway
    it will be a by monthly mag and tony does have them yes thanks to everyone for the interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Currently available in:
    Fingal Airsoft
    HRTA
    Drogheda Airsoft
    MIA
    ATS
    Eirsoft
    The WareHouse (When it opens;))

I'm not sure about G-Tac or Cork but I'm sure the lads will send some down with the ATF or who ever is going down that way this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Have heard nothing about it yet, but would be interested in seeing a copy!

?? Is it an M.I.A. mag, or are you different (A.I.M.), separate from them, or the same??
    ?

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Have heard nothing about it yet, but would be interested in seeing a copy!

?? Is it an M.I.A. mag, or are you different (A.I.M.), separate from them, or the same??
    ?
    we're a totally separate company nothing to do with MIA or anyone else :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Ok, sweet :)

Im interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gazy

hey yeah i will be able to go to dark mist.

name gary(gazy)
    gun ak47
    russian yes!:D

gazy wrote: »
    hey yeah i will be able to go to dark mist.

name gary(gazy)
    gun ak47
    russian yes!:D

Wrong thread:p:p try the Dark Mist thread;)

Bren

Sorry guys:o

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Got a copy today. Brilliant and easy to read. Good job done lads.

Wrong thread:p:p try the Dark Mist thread;)

Bren

Sorry guys:o
    no worries done it myself before ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Managed to get a copy there the other day... Awesome stuff lads... Still think you should do an article on everyones favourite resident spammer :D

Also.. Some comparison bits would be good.. Like a JG version of a gun vs a G&G version etc

Whens the next issue out?

Doomofman wrote: »
    Managed to get a copy there the other day... Awesome stuff lads... Still think you should do an article on everyones favourite resident spammer :D

Also.. Some comparison bits would be good.. Like a JG version of a gun vs a G&G version etc

Whens the next issue out?
    glad you liked it and comparison bits ye good idea i'll see what i can do
    next issue will be out start of december

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just think a mag like this needs content worth buying.

No disrespect, but I can read accurate detailed comparison reviews online for freem why pay for it.

In my view, something that you dont get online in much quantity is news.

For money I'm spending (€6 might not be alot, buts its a note and a single :P ) I'd want to be reading on news, new products on the way, whats going on with events in the country, new and upcoming teams.. interviews with big characters in the community, seeing what good players are doing etc.

Even reviews, although its good content filling...you can get it all free online.

But it is a good read, and its good, in my view, because alot of the content is dealing with talking to irish players..and foreign players of course, but generally the community.

each issue will have interviews with different teams ,team history ,fav sites,gear they use and so on and we have been in touch with ASG ,VIPER,MADBULL,5:11 and others to try and get samples of new stuff they have on the way so we can review it and put some of them in the competitions each issue
    we went to the gathering on saturday got some good pics there and will have an article on it in issue 2 so we're going to try our best to feature the things players both new and expierienced want to see so keep the comments coming their important thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah that sounds epic, I'm not in anyway having a go or anything far form it, its your first issue, and you more then likely have content etc to do you a couple.

But when i go into easons etc to check out airsoft mags...i read them, with their 8 and 10 euro price tag, and see crappy reviews, 60% advertising and " how to do this loadout" which is pretty pants.

I think most people agree for something along the lines of airsoft, the interesting aspect is whats going on in the community, the future inventions and technology being used.

Like for example ive never being to Corks infamous site, or shop, nor really checked out their shop at all, but I'm sure they will feature in one edition of the mag and ill be reading with interest, learning new things, putting names to face etc, and who knows maybe ill drop down to them at some stage, and maybe vice versa with readers from other counties.

But I definatly think youve got the right thing going on with the community input..from a readers point of view. To be honest, I skipped over, and still havnt read the pages about the AEG reviews or maintanance. I personally have no interest or intention to ever purchase a high end 416...but obviously others will. But going with a community aspect ,interviews and stuf fI've mentioned, its something everyone wants to read, and I think a reason why its being a success.

And from hearing feedback in the shop from those who have purchased a copy and come back, its all being positive. Although some mention has been made on page layouts and design scheme, but im not expert so i wont comment. As regards content, its spot on :)

Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

A special pull out "Putting faces to boards.ie names" :p

we intend to pay a visit to the lads in cork sometime early in the new year and we'll let people know when we're goin so if anyone wants to tag along and we'll make a day of it to get to know everyone
    drogheda is lined up for issue 2 and HRTA and interview with paul is issue 3
    we'll be going to all the sites including the one's up north and we'll be going to denmark to visit ASG to review their set up looking forward to that one

A.I.M wrote: »
    we intend to pay a visit to the lads in cork sometime early in the new year and we'll let people know when we're goin so if anyone wants to tag along and we'll make a day of it to get to know everyone
    drogheda is lined up for issue 2 and HRTA and interview with paul is issue 3
    we'll be going to all the sites including the one's up north and we'll be going to denmark to visit ASG to review their set up looking forward to that one

As we discussed before I'm offering mine and Pete's services for translators as that Danish is tricky:p:p (Pete speaks Danish, I'll carry his bags;))

think i'll keep that trip to myself bren nice try though :D:D see you over the weekend at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

I like the team interview section, it was really well done in the first issue and gives everyone a chance to show off their teams and gives those without teams the knowledge of whos out there in their area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

Just a quick question I am interested in entering the competitions for the pistols in the mag but both entry forms have articles, like the AEG maintenance article,that I would prefer to keep intact on the other side of the page.

Just wondering does anyone know if Take A.I.M. accept photocopy entries?

Thanks,
    daywalker

daywalker wrote: »
    Just a quick question I am interested in entering the competitions for the pistols in the mag but both entry forms have articles, like the AEG maintenance article,that I would prefer to keep intact on the other side of the page.

Thanks,
    daywalker
    we would prefer you to photocopy the maintenance page for yourself thanks

daywalker wrote: »

Thanks,
    daywalker
    i was'nt trying to be funny with you in my last post but if we allow photocopies you know yourself we'll end up with a lot more entries than copies sold i'll be more aware of this for the next issue which is out on the 1st of december but the way with lots more competitions and content
    and the maintenance pages will be available on our web site which will be up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

i was'nt trying to be funny with you in my last post but if we allow photocopies you know yourself we'll end up with a lot more entries than copies sold i'll be more aware of this for the next issue which is out on the 1st of december but the way with lots more competitions and content
    and the maintenance pages will be available on our web site which will be up soon

Thanks for that, I was holding off entering as I did'nt want to destroy issue 1. Guess I can stretch to a second copy. great Mag and tks for your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jpex

LAST WEEK I BOUGHT THE MAG AND ITS GREAT I WOULD ODD MORE REVIEWS BECAUSE ON THE INTERNET THERE REVIEWS BUT THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL (I HOPE YOURS ARE :D:D:D) I THINK IF YOU WOULD ADD REVIEWS OF THE SAME MODAL OF GUN BUT FROM DIFFERENT COMPANIES LIKE WHO IS BETTER CLASSIC ARMY OR G&G THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING

THANKS
    JONATHAN

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

jpex wrote: »
    LAST WEEK I BOUGHT THE MAG AND ITS GREAT I WOULD ODD MORE REVIEWS BECAUSE ON THE INTERNET THERE REVIEWS BUT THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL (I HOPE YOURS ARE :D:D:D) I THINK IF YOU WOULD ADD REVIEWS OF THE SAME MODAL OF GUN BUT FROM DIFFERENT COMPANIES LIKE WHO IS BETTER CLASSIC ARMY OR G&G THAT WOULD BE INTERESTING

THANKS
    JONATHAN

We all know the answer to that one any way :pac:

jpex wrote: »

THANKS
    JONATHAN
    thanks for buying the mag jonathan glad you liked it a few people have asked for comparisons so its something we'll look into alright keep the suggestions coming its good to know what people want to see it in so we can try improve it all the time

thanks
    Alan

thanks for buying the mag jonathan glad you liked it a few people have asked for comparisons so its something we'll look into alright keep the suggestions coming its good to know what people want to see it in so we can try improve it all the time

thanks
    Alan

Something i think would be quite nice is a BB review...i onlly realised the help this could provide,when earlier today i tried G&G .25 BB's vs G&G .20 BB's

i was amazed at how the .25's were much less affected by wind, they really are the job!!

So maybe comparing BB types like BIO's with normal BB's or different Weight BB's...etc...just for one issue maybe...

Anyways thats my pitch, loved the 1st issue good luck with the next!!

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    A special pull out "Putting faces to boards.ie names" :p

That would be cool...you can feel like an ass on a site when you ask someone are they this person from boards then theyre like, im not on it lol

• Advertisement

i tried the same with excels the other day in my m14 scout .25 are the right job far better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement