Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

as i said a great mag but i would prefer if you highlighted the really great airsoft sites in dublin like rathbeggan and redbarn both of these sites are heads above the rest

how can you regard fingal as a good site its full of horse poo and looks like a knackers camp sorry bren but it really needs improving
    I was a fingal recently and the work been carried out on site is brilliant, if you dont like it dont play there no need for comments like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

as i said a great mag but i would prefer if you highlighted the really great airsoft sites in dublin like rathbeggan and redbarn both of these sites are heads above the rest

how can you regard fingal as a good site its full of horse poo and looks like a knackers camp sorry bren but it really needs improving

Did I do something to piss you off:confused::confused: everybody has their own opinon and they are entitiled to it as are you.
    When did you come to my site? Have you been down lately?? I don't bloody think so!
    There are hundreds of people who have been to Fingal and they love it, Fingal is dedicated to Airsoft not like some other sites where there is numerous other activities going on as people play Airsoft:cool:.

Red Barn is a new site and granted it's a cracking site and the guys running it are first and foremost Airsofters and have been playing their airsoft at Fingal for a year before they opened Red Barn;);) Go and speak to the guys and tell them you think Fingal is ****.. because I'm sure they'd tell you different!

Why am I even responding to this crap, all this comes from a guy who thought he'd beating Viper Squad last Saturday:p:p:p when in fact it was some other team:rolleyes:

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

its full of horse poo and looks like a knackers camp sorry bren but it really needs improving

If you're so worried about getting sh1t on ya, maybe you should talk less of it.

Fingal is a great site, I've had loads of fun there. What's the problem with a bit of horse manure? It won't kill ya. You sound like the type of person who's afraid to get their BDU's dirty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its fine for you to have your own opinions but stop push them on others as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hi i was just wondering if you announce the winners of the competitions in your mag?

irl/silverfox/ issued a warning.

thermo wrote: »
    hi i was just wondering if you announce the winners of the competitions in your mag?
    look under the new competition thermo the winners of the last one r announced there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

thanks,,,,, as i turns out i SHOULD of gone to specsavers! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jaya Van Maele

Never was a fingal but heard its great No affence but theirs more knacers in dublin then in fingal

no need for comments like that either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

im from Dublin and i find that highly offencive

where you ever told if you aint got anything good to say you dont say nothing?

If you have only heard well no offfecne you haven't a clue and you shouldnt be repeating it. As for what ever it is your tyring to say about Dublin its lost in translation thank god. If you have nothing constructive to say don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

Did I do something to piss you off:confused::confused: everybody has their own opinon and they are entitiled to it as are you.
    When did you come to my site? Have you been down lately?? I don't bloody think so!
    There are hundreds of people who have been to Fingal and they love it, Fingal is dedicated to Airsoft not like some other sites where there is numerous other activities going on as people play Airsoft:cool:.

Red Barn is a new site and granted it's a cracking site and the guys running it are first and foremost Airsofters and have been playing their airsoft at Fingal for a year before they opened Red Barn;);) Go and speak to the guys and tell them you think Fingal is ****.. because I'm sure they'd tell you different!

Why am I even responding to this crap, all this comes from a guy who thought he'd beating Viper Squad last Saturday:p:p:p when in fact it was some other team:rolleyes:

Bren

all im saying is have you been to predator bren then if you have its better to have plain wood treated and dont use tyres and empty drums its not much to paint your new fire base

and on a more serious note on a pure HEALTH AND SAFETY MATTER any site open to the public should be free of any impurities like horse manure you are leaving yourself open to a possible very serious health issue claim

apart from that i know you are doing your best and as airsoft is relatively new in ireland future legislation for airsoft sites will standardise all relevant health and safety issues

keep the faith

all im saying is have you been to predator bren then if you have its better to have plain wood treated and dont use tyres and empty drums its not much to paint your new fire base

and on a more serious note on a pure HEALTH AND SAFETY MATTER any site open to the public should be free of any impurities like horse manure you are leaving yourself open to a possible very serious health issue claim

apart from that i know you are doing your best and as airsoft is relatively new in ireland future legislation for airsoft sites will standardise all relevant health and safety issues

keep the faith
    Holy Crap batman we better get rid of all the badgers foxes and birds from our site or start dishin out nappies for the wildlife

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BBones

keep the faith
    I would imagine that the guys from the mag go where the action is and this is clearly present at fingal week in week out.Sure there are new sites popping up but they are relatively new and will i'm sure be covered in future issues.Fingal has huge potential and is 1st class for its games. Rome was'nt built in a day!! And my rhubarb is doing great since i started banging my boots out over it..OOOH AAAR:D

keep the faith

Its quite obvious you haven't a clue now pull your head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

irl/silverfox/ youv made 4 post and its been sh*t stiring from the first, Fingal is not full of horse crap, maybe the odd one up in the out of bounds areas. God forbid you might find that sort of stuff out in the country side. If you want to stay daz ultra clean then airsoft isnt for you im afraid, be carefull out there guys - rumour has it theres insects too!

also Fingal has had a huge amount of work and improvements going on a weekly basis, from the carpark, safe zone to the terrane. so unless you run a site youreslf i honestly dont think you have a clue.

Hope to shoot ye soon silverfox.

Anyways back on topic, cool magazine guys and the tournament is lookn absolutly deadly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Hi all, Ian from Take aim here. I have a feeling there's an agenda here but I'll give my opinions anyway.
    First, we did a small feature on Red Barn in our latest issue. It was small but that's our policy on promoting new sites. We'll be back to do a broader article on that site in the future, if they give permission of course. It's a great addition to Irish airsoft. We heavily featured Rathbeggan in the previous issue. So, it's not as if we're ignoring those sites.

Second, I take my hat off to anyone who opens a skirmish site. It's a very tough business to enter. I used to always play at Fingal, it's great fun. Since I started the magazine, I haven't been up there too much, Simply because I don't much time these days. But I will be back up there on Saturday to see how the young guns day goes. And I'll be back on Sunday morning yet again with my new team, to step in horse poo and then kick some ass!! can't wait. :) I'd say Fingal is a tough site to maintain but Bren does a great job in my opinion.
    But there are other sites in Dublin and the surrounding area that are more than worth a mention. The Warehouse, a super bunch of young guys who bring a different dimension to airsoft in this country.
    HRTA. Some might not like it, but Paul's site was the first around and its still around. Go figure.
    I know Drogheda isn't in Dublin but I'll give it a mention. Was gaming there last weekend and had a great day. Lots of good work going on.

All in all, each site brings something different to the table. They can't cater for all tastes. They can only do their best. Airsoft is our sport, don't be knocking site operators, support them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    Hi all, Ian from Take aim here. I have a feeling there's an agenda here but I'll give my opinions anyway.
    First, we did a small feature on Red Barn in our latest issue. It was small but that's our policy on promoting new sites. We'll be back to do a broader article on that site in the future, if they give permission of course. It's a great addition to Irish airsoft. We heavily featured Rathbeggan in the previous issue. So, it's not as if we're ignoring those sites.

Second, I take my hat off to anyone who opens a skirmish site. It's a very tough business to enter. I used to always play at Fingal, it's great fun. Since I started the magazine, I haven't been up there too much, Simply because I don't much time these days. But I will be back up there on Saturday to see how the young guns day goes. And I'll be back on Sunday morning yet again with my new team, to step in horse poo and then kick some ass!! can't wait. :) I'd say Fingal is a tough site to maintain but Bren does a great job in my opinion.
    But there are other sites in Dublin and the surrounding area that are more than worth a mention. The Warehouse, a super bunch of young guys who bring a different dimension to airsoft in this country.
    HRTA. Some might not like it, but Paul's site was the first around and its still around. Go figure.
    I know Drogheda isn't in Dublin but I'll give it a mention. Was gaming there last weekend and had a great day. Lots of good work going on.

All in all, each site brings something different to the table. They can't cater for all tastes. They can only do their best. Airsoft is our sport, don't be knocking site operators, support them!

Very well put, we have three people running The Warehouse and Fingal only have one (I can only imagine how hard it would be taking the work load on by myself).

Little things like animals getting on site (which is very hard to stop without fencing off the entire area which would cost a bomb) shouldn't be straight away thrown in the face of the operator.

A quite word in his ear would have been far more tactful I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Drog Airsoft

Fingal Airsoft is a great site, and we are all doing our best WEEKLY to improve our sites and the sport. So please stop stirring **** SHINEY DOG, or whatever you name is?

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

That's enough please, back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

The latest issue is the dog's ****** lads.

I love the cover :cool:

Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Sorry kd and Take aim thread but just a quick comment to Silverfox, whoever you are show some manners and stop slagging off sites.
    We play an honour sport and its not very sportsman like to go shouting your mouth off on a public forum.:mad:
    As Bren stated earlier we at Red Barn played regularly at the Orchard and always had a fantastic days gaming. So please keep your opinions to yourself.

Damian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭rodney w

i no im going off subject but i nly staarted airsoft a cuple a months ago an decided to set up boards to see whats going on an im not impressed with thes comments im a traveller myself an to see somthing like this comment just sickens me llike refer to airsoft sites whatever ya want try not to f****n offend other people

like a knackers camp grow up and get a grip whoever u are remarks like this sicken me

Rodney and Dobby you've been told once already, back on topic, the issue has been delt with already.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

Rew wrote: »
    Its quite obvious you haven't a clue now pull your head in.

no offence rew just to say you are wrong i play a lot involved in sport since 2006 mainly up in predator

anyway i apoligise if i offended anyone that was not my intent

i just want all sites to be properly thought out and planned i personally think tyres pallets and plain wood have no place in an airsoft site they have no realism feel to them

in relation to the health and safety issue this is my field and it will be a very big issue in the coming months and you have to see whats happenening down in killarney national park in relation to faeces in public environments

anyway back on topic great magazine fair play to site owners for setting up in dublin

it will only get bigger and bigger

once thank apologies to anyone i offended:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

Great magazine lads, looking forward to the next one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

Rew wrote: »
    irl/silverfox/ issued a warning.
    Listen "boards" im not getting into this about fingal which i think is one of the best sites around but my gripe is silverfox getting a warning for speaking his mind...answer me why.????. your getting too big brother for me boards..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Listen "boards" im not getting into this about fingal which i think is one of the best sites around but my gripe is silverfox getting a warning for speaking his mind...answer me why.????. your getting too big brother for me boards..:mad:

Boards can't answer you, it's an inanimate object:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Blay wrote: »
    Boards can't answer you, it's an inanimate object:pac:

Shhhhhh!

it can hear us...

<.<

>.>