Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take A.I.M - New Irish Airsoft Magazine

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

Listen "boards" im not getting into this about fingal which i think is one of the best sites around but my gripe is silverfox getting a warning for speaking his mind...answer me why.????. your getting too big brother for me boards..:mad:

Sorry for going off topic but....... I strongly agree with you mate, this is a public board which should be for you to speak your mind, it might not be what people want to hear, but you should still be able to say it without getting a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭irl/silverfox/

Listen "boards" im not getting into this about fingal which i think is one of the best sites around but my gripe is silverfox getting a warning for speaking his mind...answer me why.????. your getting too big brother for me boards..:mad:

thanks for that audie it seems that you cannot speak your mind anymore ive had a couple of posts deleted for commenting about a certain retailer being banned and about another airsoft forum

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Ok just been to get my mag which was sold out at the petrol station I normally get it(which is a good thing i guess more and more people want it) so I was in Tesco @ Wilton(Cork) and they had it so i marches up to the counter with it proudly in my hand. So the woman scanned my new TAKE AIM Mag and said in a pleasent voice"that will be 8.77 please"?? So I said in my pleasantest kindest sweetest voice "You got to be joking me woman it clearly states 7.00 on the barcode" which I pointed out to her she moaned about thats the price blah blah blah so I asks for the manager he trots along with his jolly fat belly and sweaty armpits decides to tell me the price on the cover is wrong blah blah blah I tell him not on your nelly pal its 7 quid take it or leave it he said politley"piss off" so off i pissed to another petrol station(bottom of the north link) and picked up my copy produced 7 quid and now I back home with a cold can of Lager and my fav mag in front of me wanting to read it but thought Id better tell u all in Cork not to try and buy ya fave mag from Tesco in Wilton the thieving b@@$£;%s..

Cheers
    S..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Power to the people Audie!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Soo........

The mag this month was great ;)

I'd be interested to see the Sarges tactics thing develop in a different way. The current one is a bit, meh.

Be interesting to maybe set a scenario down and get like 4 guest writers or skirmishers whatever to plan out how they would go about doing it. Give a good insight into different trains of thought.

(complete generalisation/assumption here)

Setup a stationary position and see how it would be assaulted. Ask a meber of say aon,viper,contractors and hawks ( or whatever)

I'd say aon and viper would opt for a more direct hard paced thunderous assault, whislt contractors and hawks take a slower more nip tuck approach.

Be interesting to read and actually see :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I like that idea, maybe it's something that could be incorporated into Team features, y'know get them to talk a bit about their tactics, without giving too much away of course. I like the team features so far, they're a good way to get to know the people involved in the teams and the backstory of the teams, but tactics and playstyle are what sets different teams apart so getting a bit more of an insight into how different teams approach things could help to give people a better understanding of what each team is like, both to play against and to play on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah thats what I'm getting at

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

thanks for that audie it seems that you cannot speak your mind anymore ive had a couple of posts deleted for commenting about a certain retailer being banned and about another airsoft forum

That retailer is banned because he caused trouble several times here, he was warned and he persisted in it so he was banned and about the airsoft forum, would you go into a shop and start telling the people in it to go to the shop down the road? No you wouldn't so advertising another forum here isn't the done thing. Put a link to it in your signature if you want but free advertising isn't allowed.

There's no free speech on this forum and rightly so, it's a private site and we post within the rules the admins set down so put up or shut up.

Back on topic, we're pulling this thread off topic.

Anyone know a shop in Bray selling Take Aim by any chance?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭IAN-SOMERS

Smokerkl wrote: »
    Ok just been to get my mag which was sold out at the petrol station I normally get it(which is a good thing i guess more and more people want it) so I was in Tesco @ Wilton(Cork) and they had it so i marches up to the counter with it proudly in my hand. So the woman scanned my new TAKE AIM Mag and said in a pleasent voice"that will be 8.77 please"?? So I said in my pleasantest kindest sweetest voice "You got to be joking me woman it clearly states 7.00 on the barcode" which I pointed out to her she moaned about thats the price blah blah blah so I asks for the manager he trots along with his jolly fat belly and sweaty armpits decides to tell me the price on the cover is wrong blah blah blah I tell him not on your nelly pal its 7 quid take it or leave it he said politley"piss off" so off i pissed to another petrol station(bottom of the north link) and picked up my copy produced 7 quid and now I back home with a cold can of Lager and my fav mag in front of me wanting to read it but thought Id better tell u all in Cork not to try and buy ya fave mag from Tesco in Wilton the thieving b@@$£;%s..

Cheers
    S..

hi guys, I'm shocked and sickened to read this post. Thanks for highlighting this, Smoker. Let me just clarify that Take Aim is 7 euro and dont ever pay a cent more than that for it. There is obviously a problem with Tesco's pricing system. It came to my attention last week and I've been trying to ge this problem sorted.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Soo........

The mag this month was great ;)

I'd be interested to see the Sarges tactics thing develop in a different way. The current one is a bit, meh.

Be interesting to maybe set a scenario down and get like 4 guest writers or skirmishers whatever to plan out how they would go about doing it. Give a good insight into different trains of thought.

(complete generalisation/assumption here)

Setup a stationary position and see how it would be assaulted. Ask a meber of say aon,viper,contractors and hawks ( or whatever)

I'd say aon and viper would opt for a more direct hard paced thunderous assault, whislt contractors and hawks take a slower more nip tuck approach.

Be interesting to read and actually see :)

Sarge's strategies is a new idea so we thought we'd introduce it in a very basic way, just to get it started and get some feed back. These are actually good ideas, so I might steal them Doc. :)
    We've already planned to do something much more complex in issue 6. We always have to cater for readers who dont know what the hell airsoft is, that's why we start our articles off in a simple way and work our way into more complex and detailed stuff. Next issue's maintenance for example and the AEG review will be a step up to all previous issues.

We're always open to ideas. So keep 'em coming.

• Advertisement

Blay wrote: »
    That retailer is banned because he caused trouble several times here, he was warned and he persisted in it so he was banned and about the airsoft forum, would you go into a shop and start telling the people in it to go to the shop down the road? No you wouldn't so advertising another forum here isn't the done thing. Put a link to it in your signature if you want but free advertising isn't allowed.

There's no free speech on this forum and rightly so, it's a private site and we post within the rules the admins set down so put up or shut up.

if free advertising is not aloud then how come there are loads of posts up with links to various sites here and there it seems theres one rule for some and the goalposts get moved for others:(

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    hi guys, I'm shocked and sickened to read this post. Thanks for highlighting this, Smoker. Let me just clarify that Take Aim is 7 euro and dont ever pay a cent more than that for it. There is obviously a problem with Tesco's pricing system. It came to my attention last week and I've been trying to ge this problem sorted.

ian the same thing happened to me in tesco clearwater but when i raised the issue with a manager he apologised and gave me a full refund and the magazine which is a tesco policy in such cases

the problem goes back to when only sterling prices where on the magazines

ian the same thing happened to me in tesco clearwater but when i raised the issue with a manager he apologised and gave me a full refund and the magazine which is a tesco policy in such cases

the problem goes back to when only sterling prices where on the magazines

This has only happened with our latest issue, as far as Im aware. We'll get it straightened out, first thing Monday morning.... hopefully.

another point in relation to your comment if i went into a shop and found a better deal in another i would definitely want to pass that information on wouldnt you

in relation to the retailer its not fair that he cant be here as he is one of the best if not the best for value and service in dublin

the only place that theres no free speech is in a dictatorship this forum and others only exist because of us the users no users no site

IAN-SOMERS wrote: »
    This has only happened with our latest issue, as far as Im aware. We'll get it straightened out, first thing Monday morning.... hopefully.

ian ive only noticed it on this issue for some strange reason in tescos the sel for take aim states 8.77

another point in relation to your comment if i went into a shop and found a better deal in another i would definitely want to pass that information on wouldnt you

in relation to the retailer its not fair that he cant be here as he is one of the best if not the best for value and service in dublin

the only place that theres no free speech is in a dictatorship this forum and others only exist because of us the users no users no site

Yes, but you wouldn't go into the shop and in front of the owner say "hey shop x has bread for a euro cheaper". It's the same principle here.

Regardless of the retailers value or service he is banned, he repeatedly caused trouble on this forum, was warned and continued on this line so he was banned, simple.

There's no free speech on this forum, anybody here will back that up, this is a private forum operated by the admins and we post according to rules they have set. If your posting within parameters then it isn't free speech. People posting here accept that when they sign up.

Also on your previous post, the retailers in the foum here have paid boards.ie for the right to post a thread for their site/shop.

Sorry for the off topic, I will remove this post if the thread owner requests it:)

Also on your previous post, the retailers in the foum here have paid boards.ie for the right to post a thread for their site/shop.

in relation to this point im not talking about retailers im talking about users like you and i posting links and nothing happening to them which is not right one rule for all and not for some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

in relation to this point im not talking about retailers im talking about users like you and i posting links and nothing happening to them which is not right one rule for all and not for some

Such is the price of being banned, as you may some day find out ;)

anyway back on topic.

When's the next issue due to hit the shelves?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

For example?

Rew wrote: »
    For example?

various links pinned in troubleshooting and advice on retailers

• Advertisement

various links pinned in troubleshooting and advice on retailers

Theyre not Irish shops though and they aren't advertising they're being used to as examples etc.

Doesn't matter anyway whether those shops pay a subsciption anyway, arguing it wont change the fact that the banned retailer is still banned, he flouted the rules and he's out on his ear, he's happy, we're happy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

Smokerkl wrote: »

Cheers

S..

The same thing happens in the Tesco's in Dublin.

Theyre not Irish shops though and they aren't advertising they're being used to as examples etc.

Doesn't matter anyway whether those shops pay a subsciption anyway, arguing it wont change the fact that the banned retailer is still banned, he flouted the rules and he's out on his ear, he's happy, we're happy:)

well thats not right everyone should have the right to defend themselves choice and competition are what keeps things alive

myself and a lot of people feel very strong about this issue and the issue with the iaa and iasra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

myself and a lot of people feel very strong about this issue and the issue with the iaa and iosra

There's a new airsoft Body?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

There's a new airsoft Body?
    Must be can i ask why this thread is been railroaded off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

well thats not right everyone should have the right to defend themselves choice and competition are what keeps things alive

myself and a lot of people feel very strong about this issue and the issue with the iaa and iasra
    When you repeatedly break rules you lose that right, this is a private website run and owned by a company, free speech does not exist here. Play nice and keep within the rules, you are allowed to post, breach those rules and you will be banned.

As regards IAA and iasra? There is no "issue" between them.

Now, back on topic please, further off topic nonsense will earn the poster a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Man, the reason why [banned retailer] is banned should really be in the charter or something.

Also, point me at a forum where iaa/iasra discussion is allowed to continue unmoderated and unfettered. Doesn't exist. It's like even bringing up the subject gives people the green light to break out the silly string and custard pies.

Take AIM lads, sorry to feed the troll, but I get browned off with misiformed nonsense like this.

hi guys,
    just to confirm to you all that there was an error in Tesco's pricing system. It's not clear how it happened but I can confirm that Take Aim is still 7 Euro in all Irish stores including Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Ok just noticed this tonight.. In issue 5 at the bottom of page 57 it says issue 4.. Just to let you know. Might just be mine, don't know.

Thanks, Sean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Ok just noticed this tonight.. In issue 5 at the bottom of page 57 it says issue 4.. Just to let you know. Might just be mine, don't know.

Thanks, Sean.

mine too:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement