Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most embarrassing moment......

Options
  • 15-10-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

I embarrass myself a lot......and I'm the gauchest person I know.......so that never a good combination!!!

I've fallen on my arse countless times, whether drunk or sober; and I turn on my ankle at least once a week.

I've backed into a wall with my boss in the car(i never saw the wall:o)

I fell over an Echoboys papers in Cork once, and sent them flying.....cue a torrent of abuse from him at the top of voice, much to the amusement of the rest of Patricks street, and a friend publicly humiliated me when I was in first year at college infront of a group of his engineering class mates.

At the races this year, a helicopter(well, its blades) sent my dress flying up over my head, exposing myself to half of ballybrit.

And that to name but a few episodes.............

In short, i mortify myself on a regular basis........anybody else got any more embarrassing tales to tell to make me feel a bit better about being so damn clumsy!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I threw up all over the dairy aisle in work, I fall a lot, I kissed some guy then got him and his brother mixed up then re-introduced myself to the one I kissed (messy messy messy) on more than one occasion.

I fell asleep while kissing one of my exes.

I broke two of my toes and had to wear ugg boots for a few weeks, got hammered while in the stupid things and slipped in a load of mud, got stuck in the puddle of mud (on my own after getting a taxi home from college) and woke up completely caked in it with my jeans left on the kitchen floor.

I fell in a club and pulled myself up with some guy's leg.

Many more to follow but I'll step down briefly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

One of my many embarrassing moments was when I was walking down Grafton street, which is always packed, with a friend of mine. I was wearing a short skirt and all of a sudden she pulls the skirt over my head..... :o:o
    thankfully I wasn't going commando that day.....

I've also been knocked over countless time while in work by large hyper dogs, never looks sexy to fall on your arse.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh yeeeeeahhh I got hit by a car while talking to the brother (not the one I did actually hook up with) and his friends, well, I was crossing over to talk to them and a car backed into me. Now that was classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Oh god...things that happen to me most days:
    Tripping over, walking into something (im very weary of running into poles when walking on a footpath), keeling over on my ankle, forgetting what I was going to say, walking upstairs to get something, and when i get there i cant remember what I was looking for.

I also have a lot of those 'where's my pen' moments.
    Answer: 'in yer mouth'
    Where are my glasses?
    Answer: 'on my head, i thought i was still wearing my contacts'.

Biggest clumsy moment within the last month:
    Jumping off a swing in VERY high heels cos I thought a guy was nicking my phone. Landed on my ankle, was on crutches for a while.

Biggest Embarrassing moment in general of the last month:
    Was in a club with a friend of a girlfriend of mine....he bought me a sambuca and a jagerbomb (despite me telling him numerous times I felt sick as it is)
    Few minutes later we were kissing, and I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and I said I would be back in 3 minutes.
    I spent the next hour getting sick in the bathroom in the nightclub.....sexy!!!
    The poor guy heard I got sick right after I was with him and he was mortified!

Oh god I've so many other ones, if I was writing about them I would be here till 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

Tripped on my trousers and miserably fell on the floor beside my boss's desk.
    Played an entire rugby game with ripped shorts and mud in my knickers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have a few too, the most embarrassing was (I have posted this story before).

I was 17 and at a funeral of a guy in our gang that had died tragically. Anyway, I was approaching his mother (very nervously) to offer my condolances and just as I got to her a bird shit all over my face. Mortified was not the word:eek: All my mates were in bits laughing and the poor woman just burst into tears...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'll add a male embarassing moment....

Went to my friend's new house....It was in a housing estate so all the houses were identical. Thought I saw my friend waving inside so I walked inside - no answer at door so walked straight in - a common practice in her old place).....turns out that I was in the wrong house and that she just looked like my friend.....walked out and went into the next house :mad: highly embarrasing!!

Oh I did something similar in a car once...was getting into what I thought was my parents car....turned out it was just identical to ours :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Was in work a few weeks ago and the girl sitting beside me had a weird Lucky Strike Cigarette box that opened on some weird hinge. In a very quiet office i announced "Aw there's nothing special about my box"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

i got sick in my friends handbag :(:( with her camera and purse n evertyhing in it :rolleyes:!! i was fairly drunk in my defence :p.........and was walking up a lader in work in front of every1 and stood on my tracksuit bottoms and they pulled down :o not all dat way to my anlkes but enough to make me go bright red !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

When I met my OH, DVD players were not too long out, so I was sitting with his friends, they were all talking about their dvd players and I piped up from the corner telling them that I had a "normal black bush"

Oh, and in my old job we didn't get overtime we got "days in Lieu", which was shortened to DIL on the holiday board. So I had a day off, and the accountant took it as a holiday. He wouldn't listen to me, I got very annoyed and said, probably too loud "yes I was off on friday, it was a dil though" :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Back in school we used to all go down town for lunch (100 or so more kids) anyway this one day there was a bus load of girls stopped on the square... so i turned around walking backwards to point them out to my cousin...fell over a sign...in the middle of town. EVERYBODY SAW:(
    Also flailing my legs like i was trying to swim while being choked for something going on tv was fairly embarrassing:o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

was fairly drunk at a house party and was falling asleep on the couch, woke up to the guys watching one of those tv shows where you call the girls up and they like take their clothes off.

when i woke up they changed the channel and one of the guys said "are you ok?" to me as i feeling sick a bit, and i said "awwh but boobies make me feel better". it's been my quote ever since :o

another one was in a mates house and fell asleep in his bathtub, whilst locking the door behind me. woke up with smashed glass over me as they thought i was drunk. but the bath tub looked comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Walking out of school. I was lighting a smoke (my school were cool about these things) in front of 30 or so more people the wind blew, my fringe blew straight into the flame and caught fire.

I also woke up one morning really late, ran down for the bus, sat on the bus for 30 mins and as I walked in, some little gimp from first year roared "Young Wan, you've got your jumper's on inside out". :o 40 mins I'd had the thing on in public.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

When I was 18 I was in a pub close to home and met a guy I'd gone to school with. Got chatting with him and his mate and the subject of jobs came up. I'd just got my first bank job and the mate asked me if I'd been working up to then. I told him I'd been working in the local Dunnes, at which point he asked "Do you know Mick Brady*, the fruit and veg manager?". I answered "Oh yeah, dopey Mick, everyone takes the píss out of him because he's so brain dead. Did you work in Dunnes too?". "No", the guy answered, "He's my father".

* Not real name, not to protect the innocent, I just forget his real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

so keep in mind that I'm not a native speaker, I was sitting in a car and we had the ac on and I went oh it's nice and fanny in here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

I was walking up Henry/Mary st. a few years ago when I guy tapped me on the shoulder, I thought it was one of those 'have you got a quick moment for a survey' guys so when he said "Sorry love, but your showing your pant's" it took a few seconds to cop what he was on about...I was wearing a pair of nice cream slacks which had somehow split in the ar$e and I was displaying my red thong to all and sundry *cringe*

Messing with a (now ex) a few years ago, I was trying to dance all sexy for him as you do, but somehow managed to catch the heel of my metal spike heel boots just behind the knee of his suit trousers and ripped them to his ankle on one side.
    It was a brand new suit he'd bought the day previous. V embarressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i had hooked up with this guy i had been wanting for ages, finally got together on a drunken night out. i had high hopes for this one, but i drank waaay too much and conked out asleep while giving him a blowjob :o . things between us have never been quite the same since!

harlem wrote: »
    I was walking up Henry/Mary st. a few years ago when I guy tapped me on the shoulder, I thought it was one of those 'have you got a quick moment for a survey' guys so when he said "Sorry love, but your showing your pant's" it took a few seconds to cop what he was on about...I was wearing a pair of nice cream slacks which had somehow split in the ar$e and I was displaying my red thong to all and sundry *cringe*
    QUOTE]

good god woman, what were you doing wearing a red thong under cream trousers??!

just remembered another one, not my fault but v embarrassing- i was standing in the corridor talking to my cute male boss, whom i kinda fancied, when a patient walked past. the patient was high and disinhibited, and as he passed he made a very rude comment about my (big) boobs. morto!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Ah the cringe moments. I was on my way to a fancy dress party dressed as a schoolgirl, coming down the connolly station ramp a good old gust of wind comes along and blows up my skirt, was wearing hold up stockings and a thong underneath, the poor grandad behind me nearly died! The major embarrassment was a rugby team at the bottom of the ramp 'praising' me for my choice in clothing and undergarments:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Im not the only one! At last. I mortify myself on a regular basis. Some of my worst ones however....

Ringing the hairdressers to book an appointment and instead of asking for a "wash cut and blowdry" I of course ask for a "wash, cut and blowjob". I was so embarassed I didnt turn up for the appointment...

Walking through town one day, about ten minutes after getting off the bus, when a woman comes up to me and goes "sorry love, your dress is caught up at the back." My dress was caught in my bag and my ass was on show for all to see. Thank god I was wearing tights, it made it slightly less mortifying.

Out on a work night out, got pretty drunk. So after the pub in the business park closes, me and another guy decide to go to the local to keep drinking. Problem being, at this stage were both more than a little drunk and the local pub happens to be a pretty classy establishment. Anyway, we somehow manage to get in and get a table. I go off to the bathroom and on my way back I had to walk up two steps but instead I tripped and fell flat on my face. The pub was really quiet that night and everyone saw. It was so embarassing. Especially as I liked the guy I was out with....

There are more. Even more embarassing. I shall try to remember them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jagabomb

most embarrasing moment has to be when i was about 12 or 13...
    was doing an irish dancing show in the everyman palace in cork... the place was full btw.. the performance ended with the dancers standing in a V shape-me being at the front :D ...anyways, the curtains closed....BEHIND ME.:o:o!
    i was left standing out there scurrying around (looking for a gap in the ridiculously heavy curtain) in my hideous dress and wig with the whole theatre laughing at me... ohhhh the shame ill never forget it ! had to run off the side of the stage in a tizzy! hahaha....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

was at <snip> on Sunday and out in the beer garden (if you could call it that) I heard a very unnerving tearing sound as I stepped up on the right hand side (there's a large step there). the tear went right across my crotch, from front to back.

It wasn't that big a deal in the ambassador but I was staying in town that night as I had work the following day. oh the shame of walking around the office with a gaping hole on the arse and front of my pants. the roars of laughter whenever someone walked behind me up the stairs will stay with me for a good long while.

Thank **** I didn't wear my Sponge-bob boxers that day, that's all I can say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Oh god, I just remembered it. The memory I've been trying to repress for about 8 years. When I was younger I was in a stageschool. So we were doing one of our annual productions and I had a solo. Im there belting out the song and having a great time when, coming to the end, I somehow look down and realise that the zip on my trousers is open (in a very obvious way) and there are about a hundred people in the audience... The embarassment!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

In a pub in america. Big group of about 15 girls were standing around and no guys had made a move yet. So I decide i'll give it a go. Walk up and start talking to two of them with another six or so listening in.

As an opener I was asking what background they came from. I explained that since I came to america everyone told me they had Irish relations.

One of the girls told me she had a German-Italian background. I said that means she is a sleazy b1tch (it was a joke that worked at the time).

The next girl said she was Indian-American. So I start telling her how none of us could find a place to buy a good curry sauce or powder and we were all missing curry. I went on for a good while about it (seemed like a good idea at the time).

She is looking confused and says "what's a curry?"

I say "What kind of Indian are you that doesn't know what a curry is!?"

Her "Eh, I'm a native American Indian!!!"
    :o

Que all her friends laughing and me just burning with embarrassment. No redemption from that. When they seen me leaving later on they asked me to stay cause they hadn't laughed that hard in ages.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Way way too many list but heres a couple:
    • Started a new job that required on the job training, so I was out visiting customers with a brand new collegue in the UK, I was holding 2 folders his and mine crossing a busy street, suddenly a bus came out of nowhere and I had to run to get across the road. My high heel on my left leg got caught in the hem of my left trouser leg and I landed on my face on the asphalt, I didn't have any hands free to put out, so my cheek, teeth and forehead stopped me, I jumped up realising the bus and everyone else on the road had stopped to see how I was. Collegue was a bit of a knob and rushed me into the customer, and I had to give a presentation with a thick lip, grazed face, when I finally finished I sat down and lifted up my trouser leg, to see blood dripping from my ankle, all over their office.

• Working in a call centre, had a tight white sleeveless vest on with a white bra, I leaned back and stretched and snapped the front fasting of my bra, had to sit stratigically all day.
    • Call centre again, was working the night shift, the usual Pervy bloke kept smiling at me all night, I finally mentioned it to a collegue, who said "Ah yeah its probably cause your flys been undone for ages, and you can see your red thong"!.
    • Being a senior member of a gymnastics squad, doing a floor show for the parents, I fall doing a very basic move and break some toes, never went back as I was so embarassed.

I really am day to day the clumsiest person alive, I astound myself sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bijoux wrote: »
    Oh god...things that happen to me most days:
    Tripping over, walking into something (im very weary of running into poles when walking on a footpath), keeling over on my ankle, forgetting what I was going to say, walking upstairs to get something, and when i get there i cant remember what I was looking for.

I also have a lot of those 'where's my pen' moments.
    Answer: 'in yer mouth'
    Where are my glasses?
    Answer: 'on my head, i thought i was still wearing my contacts'.

Biggest clumsy moment within the last month:
    Jumping off a swing in VERY high heels cos I thought a guy was nicking my phone. Landed on my ankle, was on crutches for a while.

Biggest Embarrassing moment in general of the last month:
    Was in a club with a friend of a girlfriend of mine....he bought me a sambuca and a jagerbomb (despite me telling him numerous times I felt sick as it is)
    Few minutes later we were kissing, and I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and I said I would be back in 3 minutes.
    I spent the next hour getting sick in the bathroom in the nightclub.....sexy!!!
    The poor guy heard I got sick right after I was with him and he was mortified!

Oh god I've so many other ones, if I was writing about them I would be here till 2020

Nice guy.:rolleyes:

Embarassing moment eh......probably when I was reporting on my schools football matches and I was in the dressing room after the match. I was about to ask the thoughts of a player(incidently the local nutjob) and he screamed at me "what are you looking at you ****ing ******?" Highly embarassing as my best mates were on the team and a teacher that I shared mutual respect with was the coach.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nice guy.:rolleyes:

Embarassing moment eh......probably when I was reporting on my schools football matches and I was in the dressing room after the match. I was about to ask the thoughts of a player(incidently the local nutjob) and he screamed at me "what are you looking at you ****ing ******?" Highly embarassing as my best mates were on the team and a teacher that I shared mutual respect with was the coach.:(

I'm allergic to nutjobs.

Did you interview him after that, or run out mortified?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bijoux wrote: »
    I'm allergic to nutjobs.

Did you interview him after that, or run out mortified?

What could I do? I went red and shuffled my way out of the dressing room. I'm not the type for a witty comeback and furthermore the guy was too unstable to insult.:pac: But it was widely accepted in my school that he was disturbed(too bad he was a good player) so no-one thought anything less of me for not saying anything back to him.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

sam34 wrote: »
    harlem wrote: »
    QUOTE]

good god woman, what were you doing wearing a red thong under cream trousers??!

They were heavy cotton type slacks so except for the gaping hole in the slacks they wouldnt've been visible otherwise!:o

Had another 'moment' when visiting a now ex's family for the first time.

The mammy had kindly given me a cup of tea, I went to take a sup of it as you do, but my hair got in my face so I went to flick it out of my face.
    Only I did too energetic a flick and ended up spilling half a cup of scalding hot tea on my thighs.
    It was a painfully clumsy maneouvre & I'm sure the poor woman must've thought I was having a fit between the head flicking/tea spilling/lepping up with the scalded thighs.
    Needless to say I didn't visit his family again in a hurry :):rolleyes::o

Advertisement