Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your most embarrassing moment......

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hahahahaha ! I even cringed for you after that !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Bollox wrote: »
    was at <snip> on Sunday and out in the beer garden (if you could call it that) I heard a very unnerving tearing sound as I stepped up on the right hand side (there's a large step there). the tear went right across my crotch, from front to back.

It wasn't that big a deal in the ambassador but I was staying in town that night as I had work the following day. oh the shame of walking around the office with a gaping hole on the arse and front of my pants. the roars of laughter whenever someone walked behind me up the stairs will stay with me for a good long while.

Thank **** I didn't wear my Sponge-bob boxers that day, that's all I can say
    Skidmarks would have been worse. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The Bollox wrote: »
    was at <snip> on Sunday and out in the beer garden (if you could call it that) I heard a very unnerving tearing sound as I stepped up on the right hand side (there's a large step there). the tear went right across my crotch, from front to back.

It wasn't that big a deal in the ambassador but I was staying in town that night as I had work the following day. oh the shame of walking around the office with a gaping hole on the arse and front of my pants. the roars of laughter whenever someone walked behind me up the stairs will stay with me for a good long while.

Thank **** I didn't wear my Sponge-bob boxers that day, that's all I can say

On the plus side, <snip> are a fantastic live act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Most embarassing moment for me was when I was about 16 and we went to planet hollywood in Stephen's green. We got all dressed up so we'd get served so I had a black skirt, little top and black strappy sandals on. The heel on my shoe wobbled and I fell down about 10 steps and landed on my knees in front of this guy. My eyes were looking at his crotcch. All his mates roared laughing and said he'd got lucky. I was only 16 and quite innocent so went bright red and ran away!

Somebody else's embarassing moment (I think) that I feel I should share because it happened this morning and I'm still recovering from it. I work for a company that has a call centre. The staff are mostly students and the average age is about 19 so they're a bit wild. I went in to work this morning as they are re-fitting the call centre and I was helping move stuff. The contact centre staff had their quarterly night out last night and it always gets a big wild. When I went in this morning one of the staff members was asleep at his desk! My boss and I and the two IT guys walked in to the training room to see what needed to be done and we found pair of bloody knickers, a dress and a pair of shoes on the floor. Obviously we screamed and ran out. We "bagged the evidence" and left it in the managers office. Were not sure if someone got changed at work and left their bloody knickers on the floor or got lucky at work last night and went home naked or what. I keep thinking some girl is waking up somewhere in Wellington with a raging hangover and will get a flashback to leaving her blood-stained knickers on the floor at work and will be mortified!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I wiped my bum after a number two at work once... and when I proceeded to throw the tissue down the toilet, it caught on my nail, flew under the adjoining wall between mine and the next cubicle and landed sunny side up on the floor beside somebody's shoe.:eek: I stuck my hand under the door promptly, muttered 'sorry' and left the toilet before the person came out.Had to go to the far end of the factory to finish cleaning my bum.:o

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My favourite cringe moment ever has to be one of my Mum's... I went to a birthday party when I was little, but we were all young enough that our parents came along too. My Mum was chatting to one of the other mothers at the party, and this woman kept calling after her toddler, "Mungo, don't do that" or "Mungo, come here" Mum said to her "You really shouldn't keep calling him that, the name might stick" and the woman glared at her and said "That is his name!" Of course Mum tried backtracking ("Oh, gosh, such an unusual name") but I don't think it worked! She still cringes about that story and it was a good 20 years ago!

As for me...

Queueing to get into a club once, a song came on that I liked so I started dancing, except I was wearing really high shoes so I unbalanced and went crashing into the barrier. Not only did I knock the entire thing over and get tangled in the rope, but I had tried to grab at my friend to keep my balance and had accidentally grabbed the back of some knackbird's top, nearly started a fight! Miraculously, I was actually allowed into the club

Very very drunk one night at a houseparty, decided it was time for bed and attempted to brush my teeth before settling down. I could hardly stand so I sat on the edge of the bath, except I couldn't balance there either and fell backwards into the bath. I knocked the tap and turned on the shower, and I also got tangled in the shower curtain - I was too drunk to get out of the bath and I couldn't figure out how to turn off the shower. Thankfully I was rescued, but I went to sleep with wet hair and had a bit of a half-fro in the morning!!

I'm sure I have embarrassed myself a lot more than this, just that's all I can think of right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

* so was out shopping in Dundrum on my own when it had just opened, was feeling a bit weak/dizzy so i headed to the carpark.

Was in the lift on the way down to the carpark and i completely blacked out. I must have looked like a junkie or something.

Everyone got out of the lift, totally ignoring me which is sorta upsetting to think i was in real trouble and knowone helped. Anyway, still really dizzy had to find my car and drive home to blanchardstown. Was really embarrasing .. have never gone back out there :(

* Was in my mates apartment at Halloween, cute outfit on and these killer boots from Buffalo that had a cool metal heel.

Anyway, i walked in to the kitchen with my new spankin digital camera in my hand, my metal heel got caught in the threshold of the door. I started falling while trying to free my foot - anyway i landed on my hands and knees really hard.

Everyone that was in the kitchen and sittingroom saw my short dress go right up - morto

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Managed to do a really loud fart 5 minutes into a class test this morning.

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

This thread has really cheered me up! Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Sitting in German class at 14 or so just listening to the teacher speak when all of a sudden I unexpectedly got cramp in my right leg (I had awful growing pains), I jumped up causing the desk go up in the air whilst shouting "fcuk" and punching the desk at the same time. Lad that was sitting next to me still jokes about it 8/9 yrs on:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Me: "Thats a funny looking cow"
    Daughter: Mam, that's a horse"

One of my finer moments in front of a crowd. :o:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

About this time last year... the mornings were getting darker, my alarm went off one morning so I got out of bed, jumped in the shower, washed my hair etc etc, came back out of the bathroom and the friend I was living with at the time asked me what I was doing;

"Getting ready for work!" Says I
    "Uhhh Cmol its 3am!" Says She
    "Ughhhhh CRAP!" Says I

So I went back to bed and back to sleep for another 4 hours!
    It's still beyond me why she didnt bang on the door when she heard the shower turn on! Funnier this way I guess :P

Luckily there was only me and her to see my massive fail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Pretty sure we've all done that at some point cmol, infact i kinda like it when i do, means i get to go to bed for a second time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Going to work with two different shoes on. Thank god i usually have half my wardrobe in my car so I had some to change into. But my God....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

When I was in 6th year, a few moths after America invaded Iraq, we heard a lot of planes going over the school. We had a free class, so I leaned into my friend, and whispered* "Its the Americans". Except, I had just gotten over an ear infection, and my hearing was way off, so what I thought wasa whisper, was in actual fact quite loud. In a *really* quiet classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I've done the usual, walking into the wrong class, approaching the wrong person thinking they were someone else, fallen on my bum, opened doors on my nose.

At ****** 2007, I wore my dad's steelcap boots to spare my feet getting mucky. They were a bit big and heavy and I wound up getting stuck in the mud, falling forward on my hands, which became covered in muck! Lucky it was raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

This happened over the weekend, very embaarrassing.

Was going to the Ladies Lounge cocktail session on Thursday, so anyway I updated my status on facebook on Thursday afternoon, saying "JaneyMc is waiting to have cocktails".

So on Monday I get an e-mail from a co worker, saying he was shocked an appalled. I dint know what he was talking about, so I open the picture he sent me.

This is what came up when he clicked whos online now :

untitled.jpg

:p:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Wedding ceremony. Catholic wedding ceremony. Me: atheist, not a clue about religious ceremonies at all. Obviously, I try to keep a low profile, be quiet and respectful etc. So at one point, the whole church goes quiet, when suddenly, a mobile phone goes off. Respectful atheist me is quite astounded that catholic others are so disrespectful as to not switch their mobiles off, and me can't help tutting rather LOUDLY to express my outrage... Next thing I remember is my boyfriend's elbow in my ribs and a hissed "SHHHHH" as well as angry muttering behind me: "You'd swear she never attended mass in her life!" (Lol!)........

......And I bet you all think now that it was my mobile phone that went off. Wrong. Turns out that it wasn't a mobile phone at all. It was a small bell that was rang by the altar boy as part of the ceremony. Oh, and I sat in the second row and was clearly seen and heard by, erm...just about everyone else. Great day, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

JaneyMc wrote: »

Was going to the Ladies Lounge cocktail session on Thursday, so anyway I updated my status on facebook on Thursday afternoon, saying "JaneyMc is waiting to have cocktails".

So on Monday I get an e-mail from a co worker, saying he was shocked an appalled. I dint know what he was talking about, so I open the picture he sent me.

untitled.jpg

I cant see the pic cos photobucket is blocked in college, but i can just imagine what it says :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

untitled.jpg

ohnoes.jpg

LOL

My life is just made up of embarrassing moments... I can't think of any good ones at the moment though. :p:o

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

untitled.jpg

Ooooh!! I'm definitely going to be more careful about status updates in future!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

It was up for 4 days... you think someone would have told me before then!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Where do I start...

Not me but a 2 friends, working for a large telco at the weekend and helping out on some network trials. Went to a work party in the 4 seasons.. once proceeds to get so drunk at the free bar he pukes all over the lobby!

the other goes back to the office and cuddles up with one of the girls on the sofa in reception til he was politely asked to take it somewhere more private!

My first serious girlfriend, we were only going out about a month and back at her place. Her parents were in the hospital as her mam had got pregnant as a massive surprise to everyone and given birth to a new boy. Her dad decided to go out and get hammered and came home and pretty much caught me doing her doggystle over her bed :eek: he proceeded to tell her while i was sitting there about how i was only after one thing!!
    We never hit it off after that!

Same girl.. went out for halloween dressed as a nurse wearing the full stockings and suspenders gear but went commando after a wax, she slipped down some steps and the nurse out fit ended up at her boobs, she was cherry red,

got a few more but they mostly involve $ex!

I have a million of these.

Janeys reminds me of trying to make small talk with my old boss one day.
    He was bemoaning his typing skills.
    I unnecessarily said. Sometimes two fingers is enough to get the job done.
    Cue much awkardness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Well, I know of one fellow who is totally mortified right now. Bf went off to England early yesterday morning together with his best mate who had brought his son. His mate had organised this trip in order to watch a football game (bf's favourite team was to play) last night. He had booked flights, hotels, got the tickets, the whole lot. Bf only had to pay his part. It wasn't exactly cheap, but he doesn't often get to see his team play, so what the hell, right? Not so! It was yesterday afternoon that bf decided to check the teletext to see which players would be on. It was then that he noticed that the match wasn't on. In fact, it is only on tonight. Kick-off is when they're due to check-in for their flight back home... ;) His mate is absolutely destroyed! Poor chap!

I was all sympathy on the phone last night, but this morning I couldn't help laughing. That's where football obsession gets you! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I have a million of these.

Janeys reminds me of trying to make small talk with my old boss one day.
    He was bemoaning his typing skills.
    I unnecessarily said. Sometimes two fingers is enough to get the job done.
    Cue much awkardness.
    you made me lol:D:D

Advertisement