Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco

• 15-10-2008 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying this phone. I am just wondering how easy the touch screen is to use e.g texts and has anyone had any problems in using it in general?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

bills wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am thinking about buying this phone. I am just wondering how easy the touch screen is to use e.g texts and has anyone had any problems in using it in general?

Thanks

posting from my tocco. Keyboard is ok to use. No landscape mode though like my iphone. It kinda makes long txts laborious but doable. You def need thin non-stubby thumbs though, my bf finds txting on this impossible with his thumbs. Haptic feedback is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

both an iphone and a tocco:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I had one for about 2 months, but I couldn't stand it any longer! Got an iPhone yesterday and its infinatly better IMO. If ya can afford a little bit more, get an iPhone. Thats my 2 cents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

metalfest wrote: »
    both an iphone and a tocco:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:???

work phone - tocco
    fun phone - iphone
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

I actualy find my self texting on my tocco faster than I used to on my old d900, the keys are much larger and the haptics give a really nice response. To counter mintos point, the tocco is smaller than the iphone, and i`m willing to wager, much more of a "phone". I say this because I used to have an ngage, it was a great fun phone, but it was massive and stupid (not comparing the iphone, just saying its bigger than the tocco !) and I got shut of it for a normal phone in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

thanks for the replies. I must actually go into a shop & try using one now.

bills wrote: »
    thanks for the replies. I must actually go into a shop & try using one now.

One thing, it doesnt have a qwerty keypad, bit of a letdown that considering the web browser in it is so nice. Its not got a massive range of applications like other phones too btw, but theres still some nice java programs like google maps and ebuddy for msn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,990 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is it true that the memory for testing is really small and that you have to delete your messages every couple of days if your a heavy texter. The phone shop reckons there is no way around this. Any one able to help me find a solution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Is it true that the memory for testing is really small and that you have to delete your messages every couple of days if your a heavy texter. The phone shop reckons there is no way around this. Any one able to help me find a solution?

Haven't noticed that at all, haven't ever been told I have too many msgs or low memory on it.

seclachi wrote: »
    One thing, it doesnt have a qwerty keypad, bit of a letdown that considering the web browser in it is so nice. Its not got a massive range of applications like other phones too btw, but theres still some nice java programs like google maps and ebuddy for msn.

There's some applications for it?? Whaaatt?? Where do I find these?
    seclachi wrote: »
    I actualy find my self texting on my tocco faster than I used to on my old d900, the keys are much larger and the haptics give a really nice response.

Yeah I've found sometimes I text faster on it too.

I don't know if it's just me, but I find the sound a bit odd on it, when I'm on calls, I sometimes find it hard to hear people

The phone has space for up to 500 text messages, needless to say you`d want be a very heavy texter to fill that up in the space of a few days. If you do you can just do a simple delete all on the messages, takes seconds. If you want to save them for some reason you could use PC studio to back them up to pc, then save it back to your memory card as a big text file.
    There's some applications for it?? Whaaatt?? Where do I find these?

Yes, only catch (well actually two, it lists everything under games ) is that you need to install them via the phones own browser, theres no knack for doing through the usb cable/bluetooth (yet at least, a way around has been found for many other samsung phones). You can find instructions for gmail/gmaps on googles own site.

If its games your after, google "the offical touch screen game thread", it`ll give you a big list of games for the lg viewty, most of which work for the tocco. You`ll need a trick to get them working right in some cases, as there is a virutal keypad that blocks the game, you can remove this by changing the extension of the game in windows to .zip and extracting all the files to a folder. Go into the meta-inf folder within this and open the manifest file with notepad and add the following; MIDlet-Touch-Support: True

Then zip up everything the way you found it, rename it .jad and upload it to a website that`ll allow to host it and download it again.
    I don't know if it's just me, but I find the sound a bit odd on it, when I'm on calls, I sometimes find it hard to hear people

I noticed this today also, sometimes it sounds like they are talking too loud and it distorts a small bit, its not too bad at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can anybody tell me how to copy and paste using just the iPhones firmware?

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't think that C+P is yet possible. OpenClip provides some functionality, but it's not native.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

Can the Tocco sinc with outlook? and does it have a good organiser, ie able to catagorise tasks
    I don't think it has wifi or wlan so not able to connect to wireless broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sorry to drag up an old thread but message memory for the Tocco was mentioned here. Is there any way of setting the messages to save to the memory card? I have to delete mine every couple of weeks which is annoying. Just updated with the latest firmware and doesn't look any different :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Samsung have their own forum here -

http://forumuk.samsungmobile.com/ForumThreads.aspx?ForumID=106

Answer might already be on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pythia wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread but message memory for the Tocco was mentioned here. Is there any way of setting the messages to save to the memory card? I have to delete mine every couple of weeks which is annoying. Just updated with the latest firmware and doesn't look any different :(

Sorry, afaik no its phone memory only :(

Advertisement