Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be a big Christmas tree in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Yeah odd, question! Just wondering what the usual go is decoration wise in Dublin City, thought if there a large tree or such we would like to take a pic to make a Christmas card to send home! Heard the lights are nice in Grafton Street. Coming from the Southern Hot Hemisphere it's kinda a novelty! Remind me of that after weeks of dark cold grey weather :D

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There will be a large tree in front of the GPO by the Spire. It's not that impressive though as one particular Irish tradition is to rob anything that's not nailed down, so it will be a bit sparse on decorations - think the tree at Rockefeller Plaza with a budget of about 50 quid for decorations.

You should get some nice shots of the Christmas lights down Henry Street or Grafton Street that would make a nice card.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

If you want a nice christmas shot, go to the lane beside barratts shoe shop on Grafton st. (the lane I always forget the name of) and walk along there :) its my christmas time "aawww everythings great" walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

go to the lane beside barratts shoe shop on Grafton st. (the lane I always forget the name of
    Johnson Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Thats the one. cheers Ash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

spurious wrote: »
    There will be a large tree in front of the GPO by the Spire. It's not that impressive though as one particular Irish tradition is to rob anything that's not nailed down, so it will be a bit sparse on decorations - think the tree at Rockefeller Plaza with a budget of about 50 quid for decorations.

:D:D

Thanks for the info everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

This is the tripe you can expect to see...

http://www.archiseek.com/content/showpost.php?p=60506&postcount=13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I see the lights on Talbot St went up today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

There will be a nice tree in Northwood, Santry, outside the Crown Plaza hotel.

Understated, with the lake fountain lit up too.

It gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling of Crimbo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP the Northwall and South City quays, looking from the Matt Talbot Bridge east looked spectacular last year - AT NIGHT. Day time both places are full of rotten scumbag junkies.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there is always a nice one at the end of grafton street beside the molly malone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

latenia wrote: »
    I see the lights on Talbot St went up today...

Wha? Serious? ITS ONLY OCTOBER!!!!

Advertisement