Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian foods

• 15-10-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm a second year chef in college and I'm doing a learning event on Indian Cuisine. The only problem is there is 3 or 4 other people doing the same!!

So I was just wondering if any one had some different Indian reicipes thay would like to share?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

look on www.ukfood.co.uk look for recipes from Atual Kutcher he has a Michelin star indian restaurant in london. Really original recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

foodaholic wrote: »
    look on www.ukfood.co.uk look for recipes from Atual Kutcher he has a Michelin star indian restaurant in london. Really original recipes.

Cheers you're a legend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

http://uktv.co.uk/food/item/aid/576354

As Foodaholic said, Atul Kochhar's recipes on the link above are about as good as modern Indian cooking gets.

Another source of inspiration for contemporary Indian cuisine is The Cinnamon Club - run by Iqbal Wahhab and Vivek Singh. They have a number of beautiful cookbooks in print - might be worth a flick through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

just found out that a restaurant that Atul and the guy from jaipore have opened a restaurant in dundrum called ananda, getting rave reviews if your looking for inspiration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My mother-in law is a South African Indian and they have their own variations on Indian cuisine. I could ask her for something different? What kind of thing are you looking for? Mains, starters?

• Advertisement
Advertisement