Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gears

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi all i just started to learn to drive but i find it hard to use the gears plz help:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

What do you mean?

What problems do you have? Do you just not know when to change, how to change, or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

hi all i just started to learn to drive but i find it hard to use the gears plz help:confused:
    Your question is way too vague - you'll need to be more precise for others to assist you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lucioussammy

when changeing gears from 3 to 2 the car jumps why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ask your driving instructor to show you the palming method.. If he doesnt know what this is then get a new driving instructor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

when changeing gears from 3 to 2 the car jumps why

You are either two fast for 2nd gear or you are releasing the clutch too fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

2qk4u wrote: »
    You are either two fast for 2nd gear or you are releasing the clutch too fast.

It's usually caused by releasing the clutch too fast, be gentle and it'll go smoothly.
    As other have said, go out with your instructor and practice practice practice!
    Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 RedzDrivingScho

Hello

Sounds like you may be relaesing the clutch a little to quickly.......Don't be discouraged.....a little practice and it'll start becoming smoother......an idea would be to ask your instructor why it is happening and post the cause and I'm sure loads of people here will try help you with it.....

Best of luck with the driving....

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Could be caused by releasing clutch too sharply or be going too fast for the gear in question. It will take practice, you'll get it eventually.

Advertisement