Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing cat in Limerick

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Missing 3 yr old large male white cat with blue eyes from the raheen area in Limerick. He is missing since wednesday the 7th of October. Any information will be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

This is what the missing cat looks like.
    His name is Tommy and has food agression issues and he aint 3 since I took this
    photo of him in 2005.
    bannia.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He's absolutely lovely, I hope you find him soon!
    Have you posted an ad on irishanimals.ie yet? And the usual, dropping a note in with local vets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

He's lovely, I hope he turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

He's a beauty - really hope he turns up for you.

If you have a look at the Limerick Animal Welfare website, there's some useful info on what to do if you've lost your cat - it's in the Factsheets section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Have you put up posters locally with his photo and "Lost, Tommy, white cat with blue eyes, beloved family pet, please check your sheds and outhouses, phone 086 xxxxxxxx" on all the crossing streets in a circle for a quarter mile around your house?

Have you leafletted locally with the same poster in a smaller format? Local businesses and shops can be very helpful?

Have you put a poster in the local sorting office and given leaflets to the postmen and postwomen, who walk every street?

Have you done the same with the Garda stations? And vets' offices? And doctors' surgeries? Vets especially, but doctors' surgeries are centres of gossip and information.

Have you called schools, and put up posters outside the schools? Children go to places where adults don't go, and they notice things adults don't notice.

And have you called in personally to the pounds and shelters in your area, every couple of days?

Have you called the council, because (I hope it's not this) they pick up the bodies of animals killed on the street?

Is he neutered? Is he microchipped? (If he's microchipped, put that information on the poster.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Tommy's leflets are up all over the place as well as
    on the local newspaper.

I'm not his owner but he visited my house a few times.
    the early days I was able to pick him up but later days
    he got too agressive for me! and hissed and spitted at me!
    But had always time for him! and fed him sliced ham whenever he was around.

The Cat in question has the most amazing eyes! when he looks at you they dont look like Cat eyes they look Human!!

Severely unfriendly when it comes to other cats and strangers
    yet to his owner and their Kid he is aparently friendly and
    Lives with a rottweiler dog!

I do hold a fair bit of hope for the critter though! we recently found a lost cat and reunited him with its owners
    after being missing for 6 weeks. Also we've had several cats go missing for months and even years only
    to appear back on our door step out of the blue! so there is always hope!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You could try the Pet Detective, though it's kind of late at this stage: http://www.happytailsdetective.com/

Not cheap, but often successful - see an earlier thread where he found a cat that had been lost while being shipped through Dublin Airport.

Is he neutered? (The cat, not the detective.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarstu

Hi Tommy is my cat he lives with my parents and we are devastated since he's been missing. We've put posters up in all the local shops and in the local primary school and i had his picture in the local newspaper the Limerick Post this weekend aswell.

He is a very gentle cat with his family and loves lying on his back and getting his belly rubbed!!!! I can understand he may be a bit nervous around strangers especially if they try to lift him up as he doesn't like that, but he is certainly not agressive.

He is neutered so he wouldn't normally go far or go out for too long at a time.......he usually pops home every few hours for food and a cuddle!!!

Thank you for the support and the nice comments about him, he is a beautiful cat and we are still trying to keep hopeful that he will be back home with us soon.

Advertisement