Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Poets

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:59pm

Can anyone tell me what poets were on the syllabus for the leaving cert in 2006? I know what ones came up, I just need to know what others were on it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You're not trying to predict the pattern, are you?

Waste of time better spent actually learning 5 poets, IMO.

No, well sort of, I'm not trying to pick the exact pattern, but in the last 7 or 8 years the same poet has rarely came up twice, with one or two exceptions.

I've learnt 4 poets aleardy, just trying to decide what the wisest choice for my 5th would be; I want to pick the most statistically likely really!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

A tip: (that thank god worked out for the other english class in my year... they only studied the 3 women on the course), women poets seem to tend to come up. Of course, everyone's waiting for a year where it doesn't, but if you're trying to predict, that's a popular one.

Yah I've heard that before. Usually a female and an Irish poet come up; At least one of both has came up since the new English course was introduced in 2001 anyway. Probably a safe bet to go with both!

Everyones hoping for Rich to come up again, I hope she doesn't, I can't stand her. And seeing as she came up last year, and is on for the 2010 leaving cert too, I doubt she'll come up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I HATE ELIZABETH BISHOP!

well, her poetry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

There is so much Bishop hate on this board. :eek:

There is so much Bishop hate on this board. :o

Whats not to hate about her?! But I'm guessing she's going to come up this year, so better get liking her!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Our english teacher informed us today of what comes up:

1 x Irish poet
    1 x Female poet
    1 x American poet (generally - however this year is an exception)
    1 x Old poet

My predictions are something like :

Irish: Longley or Montague
    Female: Bishop
    American/exception: Walcott (Near enough to america?)
    Old: Keats

They'd be my 5 to learn off, after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Bish it is so!

My problem is though instead of writing "Elizabeth Bishop" I tend to accidently write my own name instead >.<

Advertisement