Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conveyance Fees

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Brother's buying an apt. and is under pressure from the agent to get a solicitor.

Could anyone advise on where to find the best rate, recommend a solicitor etc....?

Cheers in advance!

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

literally phone around and get prices. Ask for a breakdown of these fees and ensure that it includes vat. Some solicitors charge a flat fee while others work from a % of the purchase price. Its easy enough to get them to bring down their prices. Dont forget that the cheapest can be the slowest as they can have more clients.

I got the number of a very cheap solicitor from my mortage broker- he was €500 cheaper than my cheapest quote. The broker didnt advertise this service I just chanced my arm and asked, might be a good place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Advertisement