Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convince a warm water diver to dive in Ireland

• 15-10-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Hey all, after a long and beautiful time working and diving around the world in lovely trpoical waters. What would convince me to dive in Cold European waters?

I've tried it twice now - once in a 8mm Wetsuit and another in a dry suit (that ended up being a wetsuit) both times i saw nothing!! the funny thing is i know there is stuff in the sea!! :)

So can someone convince me to try it again seeing as i've settled now and have roots here?

(I seriously need some incentive to get up off my arse and get back to doing stuff i love doing!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tommsyie

Hi Triangle

I have dived a fair bit all over the world toinclude the red sea

I have to say I love diving over here in Ireland - OK its a bit colder, it is something u get used to though, I dive in a dry suit now here - but i used to dive in a 7mm wetsuit without any overshorty over it - and in fact whilst doing and after successfully passing my IE exams in the uk in a quarry 8 degrees in june i was diving in a LIDL wetsuit - 7mm, again with no overshorty and went to 34m!

Being cold and diving to depths is definitely not advised, but u def do get used to it.

So where have u been diving over here - Dublin bay and its surrounding areas can have bad viz - I was diving in december with 8inches of visibility!

I dive a good bit over the west and 2 weeks ago we had a good 15m viz at 30metres

So def give it a go - a few, get urself off to the west or some other coast other than dublin and see what u can see

A month and a half ago - we had a triggerfish in killary - uve seen them abroad - its better when u c them here though!

Chat soon
    Tom

www.MyDiveLocker.ie

Advertisement