Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla and ftp

Options
  • 16-10-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hey there, first time posting in this forum.

Just finished a course in web design,
    and I've decided to dip into some open source software reccomended to me for building a retail site called "joomla".
    Now I'm hosted with hosting 365, and I'm uploading joomla by ftp.
    I'm stuck basically at an early installation stage, has anyone here tried to use this software before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you need support connecting to H365 by FTP, please contact H365's support staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

are you sure that it is not already installed? I know that it is with blacknight and lets host.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You upload Joomla via FTP to your website

Then you go to www.yourwebsite.com/installation

Then create a database with a database user in your hosting panel

Then back to the installation page and follow instructions should take no longer than 10 minutes if everything is correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

have you extracted all the files from the zip file on the server? or have you just uploaded the zip?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Gizmodeon

Did you get your joomla problem sorted ?

I've been working with joomla a while now and any help i can give

• Advertisement
Advertisement