Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• 16-10-2008 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

finished work early today, lawl, (6pm-2am instead of 10pm-7am) and i can't sleep so i'm up thinking that i'm ready for the next inkage.

i had €225 worth of vouchers as birthday/christmas pressies but they were nearly out of date and i wasn't ready to get a new one so i gave them to mark for his swallows and he owes me!

the tatt i wanted to get next is down my thigh. i wanted to wait to lose a bit of weight cuz i plan to anyway and i don't want to get it, then lose weight and it might look wonky. so half a stone down and ready to go.

i want Kanu Unchou from Ikki Tousen down my thigh (thinking left cuz i have my ribs on my right hand side done and my left side is lonely and pictureless o.0)

the pose i originally wanted her in is this:

706_99.jpg

the one on the left, so zoomed out it would look like this;

yamato_gray_kan_ad.jpg

i've had my heart set on it for ages, ikki tousen is awesome and kanu is the best character and one of the best looking in it. i think she would look brilliant as a tattoo, all flowing hair and kick ass-ness!

anyway, that picture of her has her holding the Seiryutou horizontally which i only just realised might look weird if it's going on my thigh as the blade and handle will wrap around.

so i was looking for different pictures (i can't find one in the manga that i like so i have to go searching the net for the perfect one!) and i found this statue

4560228201734-3.jpg

which i think might be more suited.

what do all of you think?

also, would it be too much hassle for mark (as in the tattoo artist) to draw up that pose of kanu in the cartoon style of the pic i originally wanted?

ahhhhhh i really want to get this now but i'm so confused!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

shouldn't be too difficult, there is some cool detail in the cartoon ;)

and i agree the pose on hte second one would flow better on a thigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Agreed, the second one would be a much better fit for your thigh, and it's a damn cool image too :)
    If he's anyway good at manga style then it should be no problem for him to draw it up toon style :)
    And if he's not, or you're not happy with the design pre-inking, then simply get him to re-do it, or change artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but most people grow out of their interest in manga and anime. Certainly everyone I know has.

As you'll have this tattoo for life, are you sure a manga character is a good idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I hope I don't get flamed for this, but most people grow out of their interest in manga and anime. Certainly everyone I know has.

As you'll have this tattoo for life, are you sure a manga character is a good idea?

not everyone grows out of it, it could be a lifelong passion.
    plus even if the op does 'grow' out of it, it still meant something to them at a point in their lives. not attacking, just saying :)

i like the second one too!

^ That. Plus for Tread_Softly this is not so much an interest in anime/manga, more a way of life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

haha, what damo said!!

the thing about anime/manga is that some people tend to view them as just "cartoons"; they're much more than that. won't start a big debate now, but their range is huge, it encorporates every single theme you could possibly think of from emotional love stories aimed at 10 year olds and housewives right through to violent, sexually explicit mafia/martial arts ones aimed at the more mature side!

they're basically novels in a comic book style. whatever kind of story you're looking for, i guarantee that there's a manga out there about it!

i've liked manga/anime for years now and don't see myself growing out of it too soon. sure i already have a moogle, kon from bleach and sakuya from the video game okami inked on me and i thought long and hard about them.

sure it might seem shallow to get characters from manga and video games that i like inked on me compared to people getting pieces that mean a lot to them emotionally, but these things are a part of my life and i foresee that they always will be until my jittery 75-year old hands can't hold a book/controller upright anymore.

think i've explained my opinion enough there :P

thanks for your replies everyone, i am thinking of approaching mark with the second pose and seeing what he thinks of it. won't be going it for a little while tho cuz of work, i'll treat myself to it when my night shifts are over!

Don't forget to keep us posted, lookin forward to seein how he develops this one :)

(Also, when I get monies, I really have to get myself Okami for the Wii!)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

guess im fukked!

130298246a2238772675b442774153l.jpg

130298246a7110670988l.jpg

and fi you know fukking well that shimei would kick kanu`s ass any day.

she has a dragon eye duuhhhhhh!!!!

(Also, when I get monies, I really have to get myself Okami for the Wii!)

ahhhhh, it's so frickin GORGEOUS!!!!!! it's one of the most amazing games i've ever played, the storyline is deadly, the characters are cool (you'll get used to the way they speak when you've been playing for a while! :D) there are so many little side quests and the graphics are feckin amazing! i love the way it's drawn, it's so cool!!!!!!!! AH I WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN!

oh and mark i know you love shimei but that's just cuz she uses handcuffs and strangles guys with the thighs :eek:

ahhhhh, it's so frickin GORGEOUS!!!!!! it's one of the most amazing games i've ever played, the storyline is deadly, the characters are cool (you'll get used to the way they speak when you've been playing for a while! :D) there are so many little side quests and the graphics are feckin amazing! i love the way it's drawn, it's so cool!!!!!!!! AH I WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN!

Ah I know, it's very Zelda-esque, and that's the main draw for me, along with the awesome graphics and the beautiful style of the whole thing! :D

• Advertisement

apparently the PS2 version is slightly better! there's an arrow in the Wii version to point you in the right direction which is a bit stupid! and some of the drawing is meant to be a bit harder even tho you'd think it would be easier with the wiimote thing rather than the controller

So I'd read, they don't always pick up on the gestures correctly, but I don't have a PS2 so options are limited ;)

Ah I know, it's very Zelda-esque, and that's the main draw for me, along with the awesome graphics and the beautiful style of the whole thing! :D

awww man zelda is weak.okami tramples all over it!

Blasphemy!!! I challenge you to a duel sir! Tractor mowers and toy swords at dawn!
    I_challenge_you_to_a_duel.ashx

im there

Advertisement