Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "is it onsale anywhere yet" Thread!

Options
  • 16-10-2008 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I, along with many others, spend the day-before-release day last year on this forum keeping any eye out for news of an early release anywhere around Dublin. It was kinda fun so I've started a new thread with the hope of getting the same vibe going as last year.

I live in Swords so I'll check my local shops during the day and keep visitors to this thread updated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Its on sale here......but i'm in sweden ;)
    Gonna pick it up at lunchtime and play it when i get home from work....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I will be checking a couple of places in town at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

neacy69 wrote: »
    Its on sale here......but i'm in sweden ;)
    Gonna pick it up at lunchtime and play it when i get home from work....
    Grrr!! Jealous. It'll be a just before midnight at Extra Vision again I reckon for me but I still enjoy the general excitement of the day.. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CJackson

Heard ShopTo.net had already delivered copies. 47euros (incl delivery) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andrewhpf

I got last years copy the night before release at Gamestop in Henry Street.

It's late night shopping Thursdays, and I walked in at around 8pm, and they were already putting it out on the shelves. Heard it was similar in other places.

If you ask the guys in the shop before though, they play dumb and go the official route of "not until tomorrow".

So I think it's a fair chance it'll be similar tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I got my copy this morning in the post. I haven't played it yet cos im in work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

I'm expecting to pick it up in Xtravision this evening, same as last year.
    All the same, if anyone finds it on sale at lunch time, let us know.

Just got my copy in one of the gamestops over here.....cost me feckin €75- better be worth it!!!

seriously tho it better be worth it and they better have fixed the online probs or I may have go grill some seabass (<-- see what i did there? ;))

neacy69 wrote: »
    .... or I may have go grill some seabass (<-- see what i did there? ;))
    Nice... want some lemon with that!?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had a look in Gamestop in Stephen's Green and HMV on Grafton Str. No luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Tobes

I got mine in HMV Grafton St last year at 8pm. Think it'll be the same today. I'm in work in town until 9 so as soon as I hear anything I'll relay it back here. I don't imagine it'll be available until late again. Here's hoping though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The lad in smyths in swords was showing a copy to my cousin there saying he was freaked that he couldnt sell it as he wanted it himself, theyre under strict orders not to sell because they broke the FIFA date!

Just tried Harvey Norman, Smyths, Xtra Vision, Game Stop, HMV and Golden Discs in Swords. No joy.

Looks like an evening kick off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Musiccenter in Letterkenny had the PS3 version on sale since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Chris, could the same be said for xtravision / Gamestop for the 360 version? Does the music centre supply the 360 version, probably not. What time does it close tonight do you know?

armour87 wrote: »
    Chris, could the same be said for xtravision / Gamestop for the 360 version? Does the music centre supply the 360 version, probably not. What time does it close tonight do you know?

Nope no luck on the 360 version. I asked and they said they didnt have it in and would probably get it in on Friday. Think it closes round 6 this evening. Gamestop in Letterkenny released the game the evening before last year as far as I remember for 360.

Checked gamestop at lunchtime and still only 'Reserve now'.

Ta.

Does gamestop close at the same time? I'll be heading up by chance this evening so I'll try Tesco & Xtravision anyaway. Anywhere else to try?

Music Centre is usually rubbish.

armour87 wrote: »
    Ta.

Does gamestop close at the same time? I'll be heading up by chance this evening so I'll try Tesco & Xtravision anyaway. Anywhere else to try?

Music Centre is usually rubbish.

Yeah Music Center isn't the best, hardly go near them for games. There was a rumour going round that Tesco might be releasing the game in the same manner as Fifa 09, i.e. for bout €35. But not certain on this. Sometimes they sell the game from midnight, but again not certain either.

Yeah Gamestop closes at 6 aswell. Argos could be another possibility, some mentioned they got caught breaking release date before so would be unlikely to do it again but you never know. Other than these I dont think theres much other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

whats the chances of getting it in xtra vision this evening lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Cyrus wrote: »

They did last year.

• Advertisement

Got my copy there last year at about 8pm so i'd say it'll be the same this year

I got it about 10pm in Xtra Vision Malahide last year. I was in the Swords branch at lunch time and they had the empty boxes on the shelves with a big sign saying "launching friday 17th". So close.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Just ring up the stores lads. Thats what we usually do every year. Even try telling them that somewhere else broke first and will they sell it now

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

chris_ie wrote: »
    Musiccenter in Letterkenny had the PS3 version on sale since yesterday

Is music centre a chain? Any in Dublin?

Nah, just in LK as far as I know.

I'll probly try Xtravision tonight, otherwise get it in GAME in Derry tomorrow.

The ringing them up and telling them other stores have cracked is a good tac.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

any guess on price in xtra vision

do they take trade ins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just rang the following places in Belfast:

GAME (Castlecourt Shopping Centre)
    Zavvi (Castlecourt Shopping Centre)
    Zavvi (Victoria Square)
    HMV (Belfast)
    Xtra Vision (Lisburn Road)
    Gamestop (Belfast)

a) I have nothing better to do on Thursdays.

b) They all said its not on sale until tomorrow. Granted, last year I got it at 9:15pm in Xtra Vision (I remember exactly, it was a big achievement for me) so is it too cloak and dagger to suggest that these places are just saying its not on sale over the phone in case its some authority figure checking up on them, and you'd have more luck calling in to the shops themself?

Everybody should target the one shop and ring them to say i heard the street date is broken hopfully prompting them to get on to headoffice to give them the go ahead :)

I have to say i have done that before .

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Got mine after 8 last year in Xtravision, altho I don't have a prebooking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 theokman

gamestop's website has a banner on it saying it's on sale now with 2 free dvds. wasn't there earlier on i think, anyone wanna try it? haven't got a phone on me i'm afraid.

Advertisement