Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "is it onsale anywhere yet" Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

what're the vouchers you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

everytime you trade in a game you get an extra 2 euro on it. there's 10 worth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just rang GameStop in the Crescent Shopping Centre in Limerick there and it is for sale now. It's 54.99.

Game in Cruises street had 59.99 on the boxes today.

Now if only i hadn't gotten an operation a few days ago that has me house bound and in both physical and psychological pain!!:(

Pretty good imo. On my way down after 8 YAY!!
    Got a call of game too about Saints Row 2, anyone else get that yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Bought this on both xbox and ps3... one for my brother and one for me, I have some semblance of a life :P

Sorry to hear about that Fizman, that's horrible :( Can you get anyone else to pick it up for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Just went to the square to trade in metal gear solid 4 and pes 08 for this and the prices that game quoted me were an embarassment!

Firstly they offered me €6 for pes which I kinda expected as its old and poor but they then tried to offer me €16 :eek::mad::confused: for mgs4. I just walked straight out laughing around the corner to xtra game and they gave me €45 for the two off the game so only had to pay 10 sheets for it and that includes a free ball and some vouchers for free rentals!

Im never buying anything from game again! How their management cannot see that they are being under-cut to such a high degree is beyond me.

Anyway rant over, I have pes09 :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have my copy from Gamestop , Crescent Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I have a funny story, Gamestop generally do a deal where you trade in any two 360 or PS3 games plus 10 euro will get you a game. So I traded in two PS3 games, thinking id pick up PES 09 for a 9.99. Nope the good folk at Gamestop did me a great turn lol, traded both PS3 games separately, so I got PES on 360 with 24 euro back and two free used dvds, makes no sense whatsoever but I am happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Im never buying anything from game again!

Join the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Just went to the square to trade in metal gear solid 4 and pes 08 for this and the prices that game quoted me were an embarassment!

Firstly they offered me €6 for pes which I kinda expected as its old and poor but they then tried to offer me €16 :eek::mad::confused: for mgs4. I just walked straight out laughing around the corner to xtra game and they gave me €45 for the two off the game so only had to pay 10 sheets for it and that includes a free ball and some vouchers for free rentals!

Im never buying anything from game again! How their management cannot see that they are being under-cut to such a high degree is beyond me.

Anyway rant over, I have pes09 :pac::D

any idea if xtra vision do trade ins lads and are they now selling it

• Advertisement

Just got it in Xtravision galway, didnt even check price 104 for it and saints row 2, free ball, dont think i got vouchers, dont really care tbh, i dont trade in games..
    BYeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tobes

Selling in Game on Dawson St for €54.99. Cant wait to finish work and get home to play it now!! :)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that Fizman, that's horrible :( Can you get anyone else to pick it up for you?

If I really pushed I probably could have gotten someone to get it. Didn't want to put anyone out though! Will Just get someone to pick it up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

got in xtra vision stillorgan :D

off to play it now

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mccreesj

Ballboy wrote: »
    Anyone get it from game in the square yet?? What time they close at??

Closed at 9. I was up there about 2 hours ago and they still just had the "Coming Soon" stickers on them so I didn't even bother asking. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

got it too extra vision too

all sorted now, got 35 lids for pes 08, f1 championship and resistance fall of man

i dont play any of them so i happily took the 35

gonna play it tonight, might get a league going if we can

Just got mine in xtravision too, on the Ennis road.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

Got mine in Xtra Vision! €54.99! Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's going to be a lot cheaper than €55 in tesco tomorrow, mark my words. You'll all be gutted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ShaneU wrote: »
    It's going to be a lot cheaper than €55 in tesco tomorrow, mark my words.

/quivering

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    /quivering

lol that did sound a bit evil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It's going to be a lot cheaper than €55 in tesco tomorrow, mark my words. You'll all be gutted.

I don't live anywhere near a Tesco and really wanted to play it today thanks to this thread...plus it helped me forget about my essay that's due in :(

Loving the game though, bet my brother in our first game 1-0, he keeps saying it doesn't count because it was with a header :p

How much cheaper is cheaper? :confused:

I'm guessing €35-€40.

In the tesco newsletter it said it was a "wow" price, the same as fifa.

Interesting. Wonder if it will be 360-only like the FIFA offer was. . . . .

I rang tesco today (coonagh cross, limerick) and I was told that their deliveries are on mondays so they wouldn't have it until then.

Fizman wrote: »
    I rang tesco today (coonagh cross, limerick) and I was told that their deliveries are on mondays so they wouldn't have it until then.
    It'll be out in Dublin stores tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Brimmy wrote: »
    Loving the game though, bet my brother in our first game 1-0, he keeps saying it doesn't count because it was with a header :p

Ha! Is your brother four years of age? I decided not to go hunting for the game. I'll just get it somewhere tomorrow. Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

was just in tesco nenagh, had game.. Labelled €47.95 on shelf.. Game not scanning so couldn't sell it.. What a pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

murphman wrote: »
    was just in tesco nenagh, had game.. Labelled €47.95 on shelf.. Game not scanning so couldn't sell it.. What a pain
    Was this for xbox 360 or for the PS3?

Advertisement