Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Percolation Stone

• 16-10-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Just went to order percolation stone for the site and was asked if I wanted 3in cleaning stone or standard 20mm. Cant get through to the groundsman as he's no reception. Any idea what I should be ordering?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

2" or 50mm stone max IMO, 20mm sounds ok. I suppose its important to have plenty. My percolation area took 2 or 3 trucks of stone, if I remember correctly.
    Don't skimp on stone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

RKQ wrote: »
    2" or 50mm stone max IMO, 20mm sounds ok. I suppose its important to have plenty. My percolation area took 2 or 3 trucks of stone, if I remember correctly.
    Don't skimp on stone!

you got off lightly ours took 7 loads, put 3" clean on the base then 50mm
    over it...not a nice job in this weather....don't forget the geotextile material!!!
    over the stone.

Your engineer will have to be present for each stage of the perocolation area
    to photograph and inspection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The size of stone should have been specified by Site assessor in his/her report. That is if site was assessed.
    Generally 2" clean stone is used. Depth of stone will depend on percolation area design.

Advertisement