Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My laptop's wireless keeps resetting to PEAP-GTC

Options
  • 16-10-2008 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Every time I click on PEAP and hit ok, it just resets it to PEAP-GTC so I can't connect to my college network anymore or the one in my flat.

Just wondering if anyone here would know how I could go about fixing my problem.

I'm running Windows Vista Business on a Dell Vostro 1700. I think the wireless card is Intel because the drivers seem to hint at that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Got to support.dell.com and download the lastest wireless driver for that card by going in to the "im looking for drivers and downloads" then just select your model and OS etc - it will reset any wired settings in the driver thats gone wrong plus you will have up to date drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Voodoo2 wrote: »
    Got to support.dell.com and download the lastest wireless driver for that card by going in to the "im looking for drivers and downloads" then just select your model and OS etc - it will reset any wired settings in the driver thats gone wrong plus you will have up to date drivers

Yeah I tried that, it still resets to PEAP-GTC.

Ok, I think I just have to re-install windows that should reset the network settings. Thing is if I reinstall will all my programs disapear? I've only ever tried the clean install approach which is something i really dont want to do now as I've spent quite a bit of time downloading and setting up my programs.

thats a bit extream..

And are other wireless devices connecting ok to you flat's wireless router?

Yeah, I didnt reinstall, I thought there would've been an option somewhere on the Vista disc to reset the network settings to their original settings.

Everything else can connect to the network, just not my laptop. I can connect to wireless networks using a WEP key but whenever I want to use PEAP which asks for a username and password it defaults the setting to PEAP-GTC which then looks for a token to authenticate me onto the network.

• Advertisement

Glazun wrote: »
    Yeah, I didnt reinstall, I thought there would've been an option somewhere on the Vista disc to reset the network settings to their original settings.

Everything else can connect to the network, just not my laptop. I can connect to wireless networks using a WEP key but whenever I want to use PEAP which asks for a username and password it defaults the setting to PEAP-GTC which then looks for a token to authenticate me onto the network.

Are you using Windows Zero Config aka windows connection manager or the Intel/Dell connection manager?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kchetcuti

Glazun wrote: »

hi.. I have the same problem. Did you manage to fix it? I'm using vista on 64bit. I can also connect to wep networks but when i need to use PEAP at college it resets to PEAP-GTC.

Thanks,

Kurt

Advertisement