Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Lewis

Options
  • 16-10-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Singer Leona Lewis collected more boos than awards when she failed to turn up at the Mobo (Music of Black Origin) Awards.
    Lewis, 23, picked up Best Album for the multi million-selling Spirit at the star-studded awards ceremony as well as Best Video for Bleeding Love.
    There was loud booing after it was revealed she was not present to pick her awards up in person.
    Lewis, who became the first British woman to reach number one in the US singles charts for more than 20 years, gave an acceptance speech by video for the Best Album award.
    "Thank you so much. I'm so sorry I can't be here with you... I'm there in spirit with you all," she said.
    Sinitta accepted the Best Video award on Lewis' behalf but could barely be heard above loud booing.
    "I remember when Simon (Cowell) and I first discovered her and she goes from strength to strength... You should be proud of her," she said.
    Earlier in the night awards host Mel B had urged the audience: "Stop giving Leona Lewis a hard time you lot.
    "It's not her fault she can't be here." Lewis was one of several stars who were booed by the audience when it was revealed that they could not personally pick up their awards.
    Maybe it was Sinitta they were booing? Was she wearing her swimming suit again? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

JP Liz wrote: »
    Maybe it was Sinitta they were booing? Was she wearing her swimming suit again? :P

Unlikely, bad as Sinitta was between 86-89, she actually made her appearances.
    Lewis on the other hand, is beginning to show signs of being a complete diva less than 18 months into her professional career.

And by that, i mean winning a glorified talent show, with the first single being a cover of a song that kicked off Kelly Clarkson's career, which also got launched the exact same way. :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The name Leona Lewis has no business what-so-ever in a Music Forum thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Unlikely, bad as Sinitta was between 86-89, she actually made her appearances.
    Lewis on the other hand, is beginning to show signs of being a complete diva less than 18 months into her professional career.

And by that, i mean winning a glorified talent show, with the first single being a cover of a song that kicked off Kelly Clarkson's career, which also got launched the exact same way. :/

how could someone as borring and charisma free as leona lewis be classed as a diva , at least mariah carey is a looper , plus shes got big jugs unlike leona

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

:eek::rolleyes: jaysus, give her a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

irish_bob wrote: »
    how could someone as borring and charisma free as leona lewis be classed as a diva , at least mariah carey is a looper , plus shes got big jugs unlike leona

She wasn't always and she didn't always. :)
    You do realise Mariah has been on the scene for over 15 years now, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

And also, Leona Lewis looks like a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    She wasn't always and she didn't always. :)
    You do realise Mariah has been on the scene for over 15 years now, yeah?

i know exactly how long mariah carey has been on the scene , what of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Justin Timberlake has said that he wants to record a duet with Leona Lewis. The SexyBack singer is a massive fan of the X Factor winner and told MTV News: "I'm going to go pimp myself to Leona Lewis, 'cause I think she's an amazing singer." Lewis performed with Timberlake on Saturday night at a charity children’s concert. SOURCE: MTV NEWS(22/10/2008)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And your opinion on that is????????

Seriously, quit posting inane crap. It's a discussion forum not a thrashy celebrity gossip magazine. First Celebrity & Showbiz and now here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz,

I'd have to agree with Xavi6.. if you're quoting a news story verbatim, at least give your opinion or insight on it.

Just quoting news stories does not really add to a thread or forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,875 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Back with a "new" sound - should she still to be ballads perhaps :rolleyes:

Advertisement