Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage interest relief

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I may be mad but i'm pushing on with a first time mortgage.

Given the recent budget it has brought my attention to mortgage interest relief.

I was wondering could anyone explain this over the term of the mortgage. I understand what is is just looking for info on % over the lifetime of the 31 year term.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If only there were places on the internet you could put in vague phrases and get back suggested websites based upon those phrases - that would be brilliant..

I put mortgage interest relief into google and got back the revenue's own page on it as the first reply:

http://www.revenue.ie/trs/mortgage/

Check out that, and the other pages google will give you

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Think i hadn't tried already.

Im refering to the percentage of mortgage interest relief over the duration of the term ie 25% year 1-5. What about the other 26 years.

I appreciate the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

AFAIK you're given mortgage relief 25% for 1-2 yrs and 21% for 2-7 yrs.

After the 7 years to the end of the mortgage you have to cover 100% of it.

Advertisement