Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Let the good times roll......

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭

prices to plummet over this weekend / very early next week.

Diesel will be at between 114.9 - 116.9 with UNL the same

Thank me later.
    :cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

thank fook for that,drop in wholesale price again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

jackncoke wrote: »
    thank fook for that,drop in wholesale price again?

massive drop expected, not 100% but barring a tsumnami it'll be confirmed early Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Nice. The two Topaz garages near me hiked the price of unleaded up to 127.9 (from 119.9) the morning after the budget. Filled up the day before. Hopefully the price will be back down before I fill up again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,242 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice to see diesel cheaper than petrol again. About 5c per litre difference down this neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Although i hate what they have done to the shop the USAVE petrol station at the Foxhunter in Lucan is currently selling

DIESEL @ €116.9
    PETROL @€;118.9

Who on earth goes out thinking I need a new RUG ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hammertime wrote: »
    prices to plummet over this weekend / very early next week.

Diesel will be at between 114.9 - 116.9 with UNL the same

Thank me later.
    :cool:

How do you know this?

Crude continues to drop so its not a huge surprise.

Thanks for the inside info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

quirke - meh!

JJJJNR wrote: »
    quirke - meh!

Its just that OPEC said that if crude oil prices fall any further they will have to slow production meaning that the price will go up due to less product on the market.

Humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

How do you know this?

he runs/owns garages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How do you know this?

He owns petrol station(s).

MYOB wrote: »
    MYOB wrote: »

In that case apolgies. I will know for the next time but as Im here.

Hammertime,

How can you justify increasing the prices of your petrol/diesel cigarettes immediately after budget when you purchased them at the lower price?

Should'nt all retailers retain their prices until they get a delivery of fuel / cigarettes / wine at the higher prices?

Hammertime,

How can you justify increasing the prices of your petrol/diesel cigarettes immediately after budget when you purchased them at the lower price?

Should'nt all retailers retain their prices until they get a delivery of fuel / cigarettes / wine at the higher prices?

I can see where this is going :pac:

ronoc wrote: »
    I can see where this is going :pac:

Yeah its going down the road of asking why we are getting stiffed. I know its always been like this but WHY?

If you paid €1 wholesale for something last week and you charged somebody €1.50 for it last week.

After the Budget, the price goes up 10c. You now charge overnight €1.60 for it even though you have 2 pallets in the store you bought for €1 per product at a landed price.

How can anybody justify this increase until they order more stock and are selling the new stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Yeah its going down the road of asking why we are getting stiffed. I know its always been like this but WHY?

If you paid €1 wholesale for something last week and you charged somebody €1.50 for it last week.

After the Budget, the price goes up 10c. You now charge overnight €1.60 for it even though you have 2 pallets in the store you bought for €1 per product at a landed price.

How can anybody justify this increase until they order more stock and are selling the new stock?
    in fairness, i think hammertime was quoted before saying (with regard to petrol prices) that his business was not increasing prices and suggested that petrol stations that did up there prices the day after the budget were taking advantage of the situation.(ripping people off)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

a) Hammertime is not here to be put on trial for the wrong doings of an entire industry.
    b) Surely the budget increases are counted as a tax increase and like VAT (which also increased) its effective immediately and paid to the government. It would be unrelated to the buy cost of the garage (and they arent getting the benefit of this increase).

Hammertime,

Where do I attempt to justify it?

I'm putting my cigs up tonight as I'm now running down on the original stocks, Wine is so irrelevant in the scheme of a petrol station that I've done nothing on that yet, petrol / diesel I have not increased a cent since the budget (or in the past 3 weeks) in fact I dropped a cent on each today and am hoping to slash the **** out of both unl and derv on friday to such a level that I piss of every station with in ten miles of me.

and i'm hatching a dastardly plan to give a further 10 cents off the pump price of both UNL and Derv based on a certain purchases criteria within the
    shop.

which will see me selling both fuels at about 106.9 within the next 7 days

:D

Matt Simis wrote: »
    a) Hammertime is not here to be put on trial for the wrong doings of an entire industry.
    b) Surely the budget increases are counted as a tax increase and like VAT (which also increased) its effective immediately and paid to the government. It would be unrelated to the buy cost of the garage (and they arent getting the benefit of this increase).

nope, its quite the opposite, the extra budget take is on future deliveries, any current stock is exepmt so you can profiteer to your hearts content if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Although i hate what they have done to the shop the USAVE petrol station at the Foxhunter in Lucan is currently selling

DIESEL @ €116.9
    PETROL @€;118.9

Who on earth goes out thinking I need a new RUG ?

Haha!! I know!! I was thinking the exact same thing!! I screams of " this is what I didnt sell in my Indian shop today"

Reminds me of Supersavers in Clondalkin village

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Matt Simis wrote: »

It depends who pays the duty and when its paid.
    I would assume duty on fuel is paid at point of entry (i.e. when it leaves the ship) and that can take a while to filter to the pump.
    The other side of it is the petrol stations set their daily prices on what it will cost them to re-fill their tanks and replace the fuel sold. Not 100% sure, maybe Hammertime could clear that one up.

Edit: I see he answered while I was writing this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

SteveC wrote: »
    It depends who pays the duty and when its paid.
    I would assume duty on fuel is paid at point of entry (i.e. when it leaves the ship) and that can take a while to filter to the pump.
    The other side of it is the petrol stations set their daily prices on what it will cost them to re-fill their tanks and replace the fuel sold. Not 100% sure, maybe Hammertime could clear that one up.

He did, the ninja got it in just above!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

You dont have petrol stations in kerry do ya?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I'm putting my cigs up tonight as I'm now running down on the original stocks, Wine is so irrelevant in the scheme of a petrol station that I've done nothing on that yet, petrol / diesel I have not increased a cent since the budget (or in the past 3 weeks) in fact I dropped a cent on each today and am hoping to slash the **** out of both unl and derv on friday to such a level that I piss of every station with in ten miles of me.

and i'm hatching a dastardly plan to give a further 10 cents off the pump price of both UNL and Derv based on a certain purchases criteria within the
    shop.

So roughly where are your petrol stations????

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Where are your stations Hammertime?

shop.

Good so. As a former retailer and forecourt franchisee I can say we had no control over the pricing even though I always contested that its akin to stealing.

"The points you have raised will be taken into consideration" was usually the franchisee holders, area managers, final response or another way of saying "do what your told".

Our prices normally fluctuated daily depending on what the other 3 stations on the road were doing but the overlord could ring up to twice a day( on a bad week) and make us change our prices.

I bought cigs yesterday in a hotel in Tralee. They just had not gotten around to the cigarette machine hidden in the bowels of the conference centre in a long time. €7.10.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

In this case I think Hammertime *is* 'the overlord' for his stations! :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

shop.

where exactly is your garage????

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Are there any up to date sites where you can check diesel/petrol prices around Dublin?

kceire wrote: »
    where exactly is your garage????

For various reasons, some quite obvious, some not, I'm not going to say where.

And I'd appreciate if no one tries to out me if they somehow discover where they are, it would cause a lot of issues that i could do without.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Hammertime, I appreciate your candor and second this emotion - quite a few of us would feel restricted in what we could say if it were general knowledge where we worked or who our employers are.
    A good few people know what garage I work in via PM and I've always been grateful that noone's blown my cover :p.

You're to be commended for your honesty here, and more importantly, in your business dealings with the public. Fair play!

Advertisement