Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Let the good times roll......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Son wrote: »
    Are there any up to date sites where you can check diesel/petrol prices around Dublin?

www.pumps.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Mylow wrote: »

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hammertime wrote: »
    For various reasons, some quite obvious, some not, I'm not going to say where.

And I'd appreciate if no one tries to out me if they somehow discover where they are, it would cause a lot of issues that i could do without.

Thanks.

That type of crap (outing) is taken very seriously by the admins so rest assured it won't happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

also, in abbeyfeale petrol is still 1 cent cheaper than diesel. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

massive drop expected, not 100% but barring a tsumnami it'll be confirmed early Friday

tsunami will be soon then. if something sounds too good to be true then it is too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    also, in abbeyfeale petrol is still 1 cent cheaper than diesel. :D

that's because there are a lot of pedo vans in abbeyfeale. and they all run on diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

And I'd appreciate if no one tries to out me if they somehow discover where they are, it would cause a lot of issues that i could do without.

Thanks.

Fair enough.

But will you open a station in Galway........pleeeeeeeeeeeeeasssseeee ? ? :o:o:D:D

which brings to mind an idea I've often wondered about - why not start a 'club' that buys a station, and sells the fuel at a competitive rate - something akin to a Credit Union arrangement, but selling fuel instead of financial services (seeing as the industry is fubar'd ! ). I wonder how much such a scheme could shave the price right down to............leaving out all the breakfast rolls etc - purely a fuel stop ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

thanks for the Tip....sorry i only saw the thread now, just put in half a tank at 128.9....see the garage on the other side of town has it for 117.9

anyone know how far it's going to drop?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

towel401 wrote: »
    that's because there are a lot of pedo vans in abbeyfeale. and they all run on diesel

still cheapest I've seen so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

not noticing any drop in limerick area???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

victor1 wrote: »
    not noticing any drop in limerick area???

Wathchouse Cross, Dalys Cross and the Emo Old Cork Road have dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Maxol have unleaded @ 114.9 - diesel is the same!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks.

no problem at all hammertime, i have to respect your concerns, i just wanted to give you my money :D

noticed a big difference out my way (Finglas).

if i travel from finglas to
    Texaco in ballygall road east its 119.9 for P+D
    Topaz on the dual carraige way is 6-6c dearer.

havent been out today but will check as i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

kceire wrote: »
    no problem at all hammertime, i have to respect your concerns, i just wanted to give you my money :D

noticed a big difference out my way (Finglas).

if i travel from finglas to
    Texaco in ballygall road east its 119.9 for P+D
    Topaz on the dual carraige way is 6-6c dearer.

havent been out today but will check as i am.

lol, that Texaco my local station, I live about 900m from there

;)

catch me if you can.....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Just looking at crude oil prices there this morning & while I'm no expert it would appear that the price per barrel of crude oil is going for about $72, in January 2007 it appears to have cost $80:

clfclose.gif

Checking the AA fuel price list archive:

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/fuel-price-archive.html

The price of unleaded was averaging out at €1.03 in January 2007. Add in the 8c budget increase & the fact that crude oil is now 10% cheaper I work out that we should now be paying €1.02 per litre. Even add 5% inflation & that still works out at ~€1.07!

Who is getting screwed:confused:

EDIT: Not even sure why you'd allow for inflation.

rebel

As an aside, minimum wage increased by 6%, = wage bills increased by 6%, insurance increased by almost 30%, electric costs went up, my bi-monthy electricity bill on a station is close to 6 grand now :eek: Andf so many places are going to the wall as they cannot make money, I know of five shops that have gone this week alone, and all run by good guys who put in the hours.

But i do take on board the point your making. However there are other factors involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Check the rate of the dollar to the Euro in January 2007 compared to now, i've no idea what it will be but it won't be exactly the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

MYOB wrote: »
    Check the rate of the dollar to the Euro in January 2007 compared to now, i've no idea what it will be but it won't be exactly the same...
    i think it was in around the same €1 = $1.30ish

This is the chart showing the Euro v Dollar rate since Jan 2007 - jesus it is so identical to the Oil price one !

2y?eurusd=x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

So the strength of the euro was driving up the price of the oil?!

• Advertisement

dunno mate, its a weird concidence through

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

That is quite interesting. Now for someone to explain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

rebel

As an aside, minimum wage increased by 6%, = wage bills increased by 6%, insurance increased by almost 30%, electric costs went up, my bi-monthy electricity bill on a station is close to 6 grand now :eek: Andf so many places are going to the wall as they cannot make money, I know of five shops that have gone this week alone, and all run by good guys who put in the hours.

But i do take on board the point your making. However there are other factors involved.

Looking at that one can't help but think of the aunt's husband. How many cold drinks machines do you have?? could you use a double instead of 2 singles?? He cut 40% off his bill for 11 stations by cutting back on refrigeration applicances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,473 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Turn off all the soft drink fridges at night - they don't need to be left on.
    Put T5 lights into the light fittings if possible.
    Also depends on what sort of heating is being used in the place and also if there is a deli on site. They'd be the big hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

No good times rolling in kilkenny yet. All stations I've seen so far are between 120.9/L & 123.9/L :eek:

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Alzar wrote: »
    No good times rolling in kilkenny yet. All stations I've seen so far are between 120.9/L & 123.9/L :eek:

Al.

Not in Josephines in Urlingford, 114.8 diesel and 117.8 petrol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

rebel

Your deli, should you have them Hammertime(mad if you didnt), are sucking the life out of the shop.

There are ways you can lower you elec costs and/or increase your income in this area. PM Me, I wont be so bold to PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

rebel

As an aside, minimum wage increased by 6%, = wage bills increased by 6%, insurance increased by almost 30%, electric costs went up, my bi-monthy electricity bill on a station is close to 6 grand now

All fair points. That's why I put the 5% in I suppose, maybe 5% was too small. Even add 20% ~20cent & there are still garages taking the mick with their €1.30 per litre.

Also on the strength of the Euro, the fact that it was so strong apparently kept Europe's oil prices under control somewhat. If you are to believe what "they" say. We would nearly have been better off if the Euro stayed relatively level during the oil increases at least then we would have had a direct effect of the oil increase not a composite of oil & Euro increase. I reckon the increases passed to the consumer would have been the same regardless of the Euro strength, just my opinion though.
    Now the oil companies are not losing as much as they would have, with the oil price weakening & the Euro weakening against the dollar at the same time it means that the effective drop dollars-wise is less. Europeans have to give more Euros to buy dollars to buy oil.

• Advertisement

All fair points. That's why I put the 5% in I suppose, maybe 5% was too small. Even add 20% ~20cent & there are still garages taking the mick with their €1.30 per litre.

Also on the strength of the Euro, the fact that it was so strong apparently kept Europe's oil prices under control somewhat. If you are to believe what "they" say. We would nearly have been better off if the Euro stayed relatively level during the oil increases at least then we would have had a direct effect of the oil increase not a composite of oil & Euro increase. I reckon the increases passed to the consumer would have been the same regardless of the Euro strength, just my opinion though.
    Now the oil companies are not losing as much as they would have, with the oil price weakening & the Euro weakening against the dollar at the same time it means that the effective drop dollars-wise is less. Europeans have to give more Euros to buy dollars to buy oil.

Yeah but when the dollar weakened against other currencies and was worth less the price of oil in dollars increased. Opec wants more dollars for their oil because they are worth less. That might partially explain the dollar increase in oil over the last year or so.

Advertisement