Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of a couch

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

I've a new couch ordered and set to arrive sometime in November meanwhile I've this fugly red couch I inherited when I moved in to my house that needs to go. Anyone know if I can take the couch to the recycle center?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bring it to the landfill in Dunmore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Namesco wrote: »
    Bring it to the landfill in Dunmore

well thats were the recycle center is, I'd rather I could recycle it somehow rather then just dump it into a landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

have you tried Buy & Sell or adverts.ie or is there a local charity that you could give it to. I do know charities can be a bit funny about taking second hand furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If you break it down and put all the timer in one pile, springs in another, material in another and I don't think you can recycle foam but the recycle centre will take it that way. Or else theirs the landfill.

You could try jumbletown.ie or the Buy and Sell

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

There's a guy that takes away old couches. He advertises in the wanted section of the kilkenny advertiser. I tried for ages to get rid of 2 couches in buy and sell and online and I couldnt but i rang this guy and he came and took them away same day. I'll see if i can dig his number up. I cant believe its so hard to get rid of good furniture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

here post me a pic there i might take it off your hands.

i've been looking for a couch that wont mind a bit of abuse.

my friend has a piece of **** van he uses for work so i'll be able to collect and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

ayatollah wrote: »
    here post me a pic there i might take it off your hands.

couch1.gif

I've actually two to get rid. Above is the first couch - I won't say it's a great couch cus its not, I think its ugly, it's small and a little too low to the ground but its free to anyone who wants it. It was in the house when I moved in 6 months ago and only the cats have really sat on it. It folds out into a bed but I haven't tired to fold it out.

couch2.gif

Couch number 2 is a two seater futon that is rather comfy and Iwouldn't mind holding on to it if I had the space but I don't, I couldn't even take a decent photo of it without climbing on my desk. Again it was in the house when I moved in. It's trapped in my upstairs studio so if anyone wants to take it they better bring a friend to help carry it down.

Bot are Ffee to anyone who can come collect [I'm up by Eurospar].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

jesus man i'm only up the road on the johnswell rd.

i'll take them both if you want.

a friend of mine has been looking for a foton(sp?).

i'll ask my mate with the van when he can collect them.

jobs a good un!!!

Advertisement