Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maxol Riverside Dublin Rd Petrol Price scam

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Ok went to fill up the car today and noticed that the Maxol Riverside was charging 119.99 per lt.

So I filled up I then noticed that the price on the pump was set at 126.99 per lt.

I was not ammused and told the girl on the register. She said that the manager was changing the price. I pointed out that it had been 2 days since the budget and that it was illegal to advertise that price..... The mamager was no where to be seem.....

I feel that the manager is scamming people and is false advertising. Who can you complain to as the only reason I went to that garage was of the price...

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Hi, I would have been out with the calculator on my phone and filled my tank in litres to the price advertised and only paid that amount.

if anything was said i would have said fine, I'll pay at the the price advertised (1.19c) but am not moving my car away from the pump until the price at the pump is changed. Then I would have contacted my local newspaper, wonder what the managers view on publishing a story of false advertising in The Meath Chronicle would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I normally got mine there when passing through navan and thats actually happened to me before too...

At the time the difference was only 2 cent, but i was pissed off.

Stopped going there altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi, I would have been out with the calculator on my phone and filled my tank in litres to the price advertised and only paid that amount.

if anything was said i would have said fine, I'll pay at the the price advertised (1.19c) but am not moving my car away from the pump until the price at the pump is changed. Then I would have contacted my local newspaper, wonder what the managers view on publishing a story of false advertising in The Meath Chronicle would have been.

Never seen the Chronicle print a story like that, they'd side with the business anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Ginger83

jaycen wrote: »
    Never seen the Chronicle print a story like that, they'd side with the business anyway.

Not true mate, Remember when they advertised all fuel prices across all garages in Meath. What business were they siding with then?

Anyway I know how they would see it, (I've worked there for years ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement