Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wholesale stock Crowne Plaza

Options
  • 16-10-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

anyone else get the flyer regarding wholesale sale in Crowne Plaza this weekend. I've seen these before but has anyone ever been and what is the procedure. Is it an auction? Are things really that price, or is it a scam ? E.G. cross trainer €20 quid. is that like there was one cross trainer at 20 quid but it's just this minute been sold and the rest are 300quid ! I wouldn't mind going if it was worth while.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

bettedavis wrote: »
    anyone else get the flyer regarding wholesale sale in Crowne Plaza this weekend. I've seen these before but has anyone ever been and what is the procedure. Is it an auction? Are things really that price, or is it a scam ? E.G. cross trainer €20 quid. is that like there was one cross trainer at 20 quid but it's just this minute been sold and the rest are 300quid ! I wouldn't mind going if it was worth while.

If its one of those auction things that tour the country, its a waste of time and a con and you will always end up buying a pile of s*hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Avoid like the plague IMO. Crowne Plaza must be hard up for business if they're letting these knackers use it for floorspace...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I've never been to one of these but I've been told by others that they are con jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TheBigFella

Went to one a few years back in the Fairways and basically they are selling junk. There was one or 2 who seemed to get real bargains up at the front but very suspicious that these were plants in the crowd.
    They try to bundle deals and place a few items in a bag while loudly adding up the total value. then they declare that you can get all of these valued at over €300 for just €75. you end up with a load of stuff you don't want and probably would have got it cheaper in Jonesboro.

There were small disclaimers on all property saying that all items are sold “as is”, meaning that, even if a flaw is found after bring the merchandise home, the item is non-returnable.

IMO go for the experience but keep your money in your pocket.

Thumbs down to the Crowne Plaza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mojo2222

Well, Any bargains???

Advertisement