Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA 'San Andreas' for Xbox Originals DL

• 16-10-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

GTA San Andreas will be available for download as an Xbox original from Monday for 1200 MS Points.

Now that was a good game!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

What?! That is dirt cheap. Class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

San Andreas on 360 ---> GTA IV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

solace wrote: »
    What?! That is dirt cheap. Class :D
    It'd be cheaper to get it second hand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWEEEEETTTT!! So happy, was searching forthis prior to gta iv to get in the mood but no where bar ebay sell xbox games anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nice. Much more fun than GTA IV. I loves me my jet and parachute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah will be getting this. Got rid of my ps2 when I got the xbox so haven't played this in ages. I was also looking for a copy before gta4 came out but didn't find one.

It's my favourite gta. I love the large map and huge amount of things to do in the game. I don't understand the bashing it gets from some quarters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Vice City was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Kiith wrote: »
    Vice City was better.

I'd love to play vice city again... Never got into San Andreas. Might give it another try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

cool i tried playing this again on the pc but didnt like the feel of it. will be getting this next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ooh, interesting. Does anyone know if it can be played from the original disc on the 360? I sold mine ages back :( but might look out for it again. San Andreas was more fun than GTA4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Skydive skydive skydive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Oh great!Get to go for a spin in a plane once again!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's worth it just to feel how much better GTA is with a decent soundtrack. Riding through the desert on a bike to fool's gold=great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Get Hanz Oberlander back in the mix, ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

I just might get this...I loved the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Anyone know what time this comes out tomorrow, or is it early early morning?

Its out Wednesday 9am gmt as far as I know???

Edit: No its actually tomorrow, don't know what time. XBLA games come out at 9am gmt on Wednesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

yea might get this too be nice to play it on the hd telly, have original on ps2 but be nice to see everything a bit clearer and play it with a decent controller.

The graphics won't be any different and will actually look worse on a HDTV than a standard TV. I just hope that the frame rate is better, but I doubt it.

graphics where a bit better on xbox than ps2 and shouhld look a bit better than scart, least outrun 2 did when i played that on the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Anyone got it yet?Mines downloading!

Got it yesterday, took 2hrs to dl on my sh1tty connection. It takes a bit of getting used to after playing GTA4 for so long but it feels good to be back in SA. The graphics are a shock but you get used to them and it plays alot smoother from my memory of playing it years ago. Still getting used to the car handling and for some reason the game does not feel as big as it did, I rememberd it to be alot bigger.

Happy to experience this game again, next up, Vice City hopefully:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Kristok wrote: »
    graphics where a bit better on xbox than ps2 and shouhld look a bit better than scart, least outrun 2 did when i played that on the 360.

From what I remember the Xbox version was much better in alot of ways. Draw distance, graphics and frame rate all seemed much improved over the earlier PS2 version.

yea draw distance is better but its a big shock to the system how bad it looks pop up everywhere. Still worth the download just for the fact that you dont have to wait ages for it to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Must download this at some point. Too many good games at the moment, so it'd be ignored! Maybe...next summer!

Advertisement