Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Apartment

• 16-10-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi all

I am new to this part of boards.

I am in the process of furnishing a new apartment and was wondering if anybody had advice on where to get good bargains to start off.

I need everything from beds, sofas, tables chairs etc. to all the usual electric goods.

All advice welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Try www.adverts.ie or www.jumbletown.ie if you don't mind second hand stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Should move it to "Requests"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

Hi

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking more of new stuff. Please feel free to move if I have posted it in the wrong place. As I said I am knew to this forum.

Derek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Hi and welcome, make a list & post it up with the prices you have found and your location and most people will be able to point you in right direction if they know of a better price etc

MC

Hi and welcome, make a list & post it up with the prices you have found and your location and most people will be able to point you in right direction if they know of a better price etc

MC

Thanks

Never thought of that. Will I post it up here or do I need to put it somewhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The thread has been moved to Bargain Alerts [Requests], so it's in the right place now.

Here's something to start you off: 2 Slice Toasters in SuperValu - €4.49 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭euph

If you're in Dublin,

Bargaintown on the quays (corner of queen street) does what they call an apartment fitout service, there's a poster in the window saying it includes beds/sofas/chairs etc for something like 2,000.

(Depends what standard you're looking for :))

euph wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin,

Bargaintown on the quays (corner of queen street) does what they call an apartment fitout service, there's a poster in the window saying it includes beds/sofas/chairs etc for something like 2,000.

(Depends what standard you're looking for :))

Thanks for that. I will give it a try tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snnowwy

Dunno about you but I'd take 2nd hand gear of good quality off Jumbletown over paying for the cheap, chipboard kinda s**t you get in Bargaintown.

Freecycle is also good.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleDublin/messages

Advertisement