Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock 2 Teaser

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Kiith wrote: »
    Well, you could. The whole point of a teaser, is exactly that. To tease you and make you want to know more. Its not supposed to give any details of the plot/gameplay/characters. Its simply there to tease you. So, ya. Its a pretty good teaser.

You're very easily teased, you're girlfriend has it easy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Bump - the teaser site has opened:

http://somethinginthesea.com/

Has an irish connection too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Big up The Cliffs of Moher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

Bioshock, for me, has to be the best game......of all time. There I said it! I love the environments and there's nothin like playing it in the dark with surround sound. And who doesn't want to shoot fire and eletricty from one hand while holding a personally modified shotgun in the other!

Can wait for no. 2. Even if it was a carbon copy of the first, they can't fu*k it up.........can they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Judging by the big map on that site, I imagine it'll update with other "news" stories, but Bioshock 2 set in Ireland would be kind of awesome. We knew Rapture was set in the Atlantic, so it tallies The dates also suggest a sequel, so I wonder what it'll involve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do we really want Irish splicers?

"Top of the mornin to ya laddie, RARRGHH!!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit harsh considering that Bioshock was one of the few games or films that actually had a good irish accent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bit harsh considering that Bioshock was one of the few games or films that actually had a good irish accent.
    Yeah, I was much surprised when I learnt the person who did Atlas' accent wasn't from our shores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

He wasn't??

Rumour has it Rapture is just west of the Aran islands ;)

Has anyone seen the Bioshock Movie Trailer? There are only teaser trailers at the moment (and a few fake ones). But it looks good. It's based on the world of Rapture rather than the story of the game and is called.....Ryan's Rapture.

Like I mentioned before, I fricken love the environments and the art deco architecture, so at least we know it'll look good if nothing else..…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_o_9ckCmng

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Stanzen wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Bioshock Movie Trailer? There are only teaser trailers at the moment (and a few fake ones). But it looks good. It's based on the world of Rapture rather than the story of the game and is called.....Ryan's Rapture.

Like I mentioned before, I fricken love the environments and the art deco architecture, so at least we know it'll look good if nothing else..…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_o_9ckCmng

Dude, thats totally fake

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ya, thats actually a fair point. I guess i'm just cynical after every other attempt at an Irish accent in games/films.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Ya, thats actually a fair point. I guess i'm just cynical after every other attempt at an Irish accent in games/films.

Yeh like that fecking Heli Pilot from Mercs 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Judging by the big map on that site, I imagine it'll update with other "news" stories, but Bioshock 2 set in Ireland would be kind of awesome.

Yeah...someone got an image file out of the flash on the site, that shows the map with 15 more locations marked. They all form a kind of circle, on north atlantic coasts..starting with ireland, then down europe, then the carribean, and up the north american east coast.

I guess these might all be reports of kidnapped girls. Might also suggest maybe that Ryan et al are on a moving platform or a 'mobile' Rapture?

thorbarry wrote: »
    Dude, thats totally fake

That trailer may be, but the movie is going to happen.

There are a lot of fake trailers around but some of them have footage of neptune's fortune and scenes that look like they are in the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

silvine wrote: »
    He wasn't??
    Would you kindly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Stanzen wrote: »
    That trailer may be, but the movie is going to happen.

There are a lot of fake trailers around but some of them have footage of neptune's fortune and scenes that look like they are in the movie.

oh i know the movie is happening... i was just saying that that wasnt a trailer for the movie

Haha, mental. Principal Snyder from Buffy did the voice of Andrew Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

god that somethinginthesea site had me foaming at the mouth. I can't wait for the next one. Bioshock was my favourite game ever too. Primarily for the fantastic storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Bioshock in Ireland... Makes me winder, what was the last game set in Ireland? Only one I can remember was Clive Barkers: Undying (largely underrated game).

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Bioshock in Ireland... Makes me winder, what was the last game set in Ireland? Only one I can remember was Clive Barkers: Undying (largely underrated game).
    Probably Folklore (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folklore_(video_game))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

How could I forget Folklore? Never could figure out why she jumped off the trawler rather than getting the bus from Limerick...

Our first look at the "Big Sister":
    http://kotaku.com/5167756/first-image-of-bioshock-2s-big-sister
    I dunno, doesn't have the diving suit charm of the first one ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pixelburp wrote: »
    Our first look at the "Big Sister":
    http://kotaku.com/5167756/first-image-of-bioshock-2s-big-sister
    I dunno, doesn't have the diving suit charm of the first one ...

meh looks faster, prolly fires more bullets and jumps around the room.

She will still die a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dreamers75 wrote: »
    meh looks faster, prolly fires more bullets and jumps around the room.

She will still die a lot.

wonder if you'll have to avoid shooting the little sister though. Will make it a pain if they do the whole "good ending, bad ending" thing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

L31mr0d wrote: »
    wonder if you'll have to avoid shooting the little sister though. Will make it a pain if they do the whole "good ending, bad ending" thing again.

Rumours are you play as a big daddy looking for a little sister of your own can kill or adopt them , big sisters hunt you for the entire game.

you can upgrade yourself but also get a big feckin drill on your hand :D

It wouldnt make much sense to play a big daddy, and then have the option of killing little sisters. It was pretty cool playing as a big daddy in the original though.

Alot more has been added to that teaser site, just reading through it now.

This is, imo, the perfect way to release teaser information. Much more effective then a trailer. Love it.

• Advertisement

True, but to be honest, I would be more curious to read some concrete details about the game. The first one didn't really leave room for a sequel, given how events played out. A prequel would have made sense, but am only interested in something tangible rather than these little viral mind games.

Advertisement