Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware for ZyXEL P660 from Imagine BB

• 16-10-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭

I recently signed up with imagine BB and got the ZyXEL P660 dsl modem with it. But I think they have some special version of firmware installed that keeps a lot of the config options hidden when you log onto the modem itself.

I don't have any access to Port Forwarding etc on the modem.

Has anyone upgraded the firmware on one of these to the standard ZyXEL stuff? If so how is it done because the upgrade page is also hidden on the modem.

Could try ftping into it top see what's in there I suppose.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

I recently signed up with imagine BB and got the ZyXEL P660 dsl modem with it. But I think they have some special version of firmware installed that keeps a lot of the config options hidden when you log onto the modem itself.

I don't have any access to Port Forwarding etc on the modem.

Has anyone upgraded the firmware on one of these to the standard ZyXEL stuff? If so how is it done because the upgrade page is also hidden on the modem.

Could try ftping into it top see what's in there I suppose.

Any help appreciated!
    It's not hidden, your just not logged onto it with the correct password.

The default password (to enter on the 192.168.1.1 address) is 1234.

You will know if that's correct because it will then ask you to change your password.

If you don't know the password or it's already been changed, reset the router and start over with your settings (username and password basically).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭manaboutdog

I'll try that. I entered 1234 alright but it never prompted me to change the password. Would it have been shipped with a different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

I'll try that. I entered 1234 alright but it never prompted me to change the password. Would it have been shipped with a different one?
    No, definately not. It must have been changed at some point before. Maybe try a couple of default passwords first and see if that works before you go and reset it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redleader

Ok, so I decided to reuse an old P660D modem for a bridged connection, something very straightforward. Unfortunatly this time I couldnt log in using the default password or any of my "usual" passwords, A re-set was in order but that didn't change anything, i could still only get to the status page.

To get around this it's very simple, download the latest firmmware form Zyxel and then do the following:
    Step 1: TELNET to your Prestige.
    Step 2: Type the CLI command 'sys stdio 0' to disable console idle timeout in Menu 24.8 and stay in Menu 24.8.
    Step 3: If you want to upload .bin file via LAN, type in the following command in DOS: 'c:\tftp -i [PrestigeIP] put [localfile] ras' If you want to upload .rom file via LAN, type in the following command in DOS: 'c:\tftp -i [PrestigeIP] put [localfile] rom-0'

Your box is new again!

Advertisement