Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda civic paint quest

Options
  • 16-10-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an 01 Honda Civic, its the 4dr 1.4L engine. Its a good car and has been going very well, I've had it for a couple of years now. theres just over 117,000 miles on the clock.

I plan on keeping the car for another 2 years at least. The only thing is that the car is red, and the colour is really starting to fade in parts. It looks nearly a pale pinky colour in places.

Is there anything I could do to improve this? Would it be worth getting it re-sprayed? or is there any cheaper way to improve its appearance? As I say, its going well and I plan on keeping it, but I would like to do something about the colour problem. There are a few little rust patches starting to appear to, so I need to take care of that to. Any advice welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

All that is wrong you your car is "dead paint". This is faded from washing over the years, as well as uv rays. You don't need to re-spray the car, get some t-cut or such like use over the whole car. don't forget to wash the car first and wax after. You will need to send a few hours at it to get right, but this will bring the paint up nicely.

You can get rust treatments in motor factors, but unless you fancy re-painting parts of your car, leave in it to be done right.

Advertisement