Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody will try to get Wrath in a "midnight" release?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Does anybody know if any of the game shops here in Dublin/Ireland will do a "midnight" release thingy for Wrath?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,157 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

All the game stores i talked to when trying to order the CE were pretty doubtful about a midnight release. Although that was about 2-3 weeks ago so they might have changed their minds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i know ill get my hands on a copy a few days ebfore release, cant say where, but im weary if they notice a deathknight running around before release, would i get my account banned.

( please not im not obtaining it illegally, paying for it, but lets say a friend of a friend helping me out getting it quicker)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

i know ill get my hands on a copy a few days ebfore release, cant say where, but im weary if they notice a deathknight running around before release, would i get my account banned.

( please not im not obtaining it illegally, paying for it, but lets say a friend of a friend helping me out getting it quicker)
    AFAIK the WOTLK features won't be enabled like the new continent until midnight of the release day ie. as soon as it can be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

That won't do you much good as those servers won't be enabled until the stroke of midnight. :) You might even find yourself with an un-usable game if you update it to a version more advanced than the server side. I'm sure it'll be nice to be up and playing the second the game goes live though.. you'll have about half an hour head start. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I never understood why they don't just have it in the shops and delivered from online stores etc on the Monday and then activate the servers at midnight ready to go. Its not like you can do anything with the game if you have it early anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

I'll be getting my copy before release as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    That won't do you much good as those servers won't be enabled until the stroke of midnight. :) You might even find yourself with an un-usable game if you update it to a version more advanced than the server side. I'm sure it'll be nice to be up and playing the second the game goes live though.. you'll have about half an hour head start. :D

You can install it in advance - at least you could with TBC anyway. But the new features won't be enabled until release day.

yeah i never thought of that ugh :)

Atleast i can stroke the box till it goes live, and get a few minutes on everyone else :P

Joke, im not thatsad...well atleast i get to avoid the thought of not getting one, but i doubt it will sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Where are you getting it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Yes you are obtaining it illegaly. You're not breaking the law but your friend is. It's embargoed until release day. If your friend it caught he's fired - and deservedly so.

So where are you getting it? :pac:

• Advertisement

lol :D

I'm not telling, but he wont get fired, he was onto me yesterday and told me the rules etc, and had me sign something. Cant go into detail, lets just say the company involved in the release of this game, gives their employees copies, and extra copies, and ive mine, aslong as i adhere to the rules, which is like one of the beta testing things. So thats the end of it :)

But like you stated, ive to wait till the live servers go up to play so i get no advantage over you lot so dont fret :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Have my copy pre ordered in Game in town. Give Midnight release:D

Advertisement