Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Printing & Binding in C.I.T. ***

• 16-10-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Right...so it took me 6 printers today to print 51 of 127 pages I needed...eventually I just said f*ck that and gave up.

People cribbing about parking?? psshh, if a guy can't print off his notes what's the point!! and i'm an IT student so it wasn't a case of me being an idiot. every printer was jammed to f*ck or missing toner. when you cleared the jam, they just jammed again, every time, without fail.

and in Open Access, there are 4 computers for printing. rather than doing their stuff on other PCs, then taking them to these PCs with memory keys for printing (like the system intends), people were writing the essays they wanted to print on the actual pcs - which meant no one could print there either. and when the guy working there eventually got them to move, it turned out there was no toner in the printers.

i've just had it like. in all fairness. i don't mind paying for it like. i just want the ability to be able to print the material i need for college - is that so much to ask??

phewww...feel better now i got that one out :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

everything is better in the other labs. like not open access

although one of the labs has a printer set up so that you need to push a button for each page to stop people from printing off loads of stuff. one day i 'fixed' the settings because i didn't realise it was supposed to be awkward to print stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Printers rarely work in Labs, right pissing off when you need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i never had that problem. just the people running them tend to be pricks with a "those evil, sponging students wasting all the paper and ink" attitude about them. not that i ever used them much its probably worth the trouble to buy a cheap black and white laser printer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

towel401 wrote: »
    i never had that problem. just the people running them tend to be pricks with a "those evil, sponging students wasting all the paper and ink" attitude about them. not that i ever used them much its probably worth the trouble to buy a cheap black and white laser printer

I haven't actually tried t print anything cuz their wasn't any paper in them. I have black and white laser printer at home so i just use that instead. If the printers and other stuff or broken we're supposed to report it to the SU and apparently they'll get it fixed. I haven't tried this yet so I dunno how efficient they r at doing this. Any of ye have any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

Never have problems with printing myself really, our departments not too bad when it comes to that... although last year we ran out of paper at the start of the year.. but that was a minor hiccup.

I guess all your departments probably suck.

• Advertisement

mewmoo wrote: »
    Never have problems with printing myself really, our departments not too bad when it comes to that... although last year we ran out of paper at the start of the year.. but that was a minor hiccup.

I guess all your departments probably suck.
    Yes it does suck alright. Sure my class isn't even registered for modules, nor did we get any letter saying when we going back after summer. Organisation was all over the gaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭mewmoo

Once we got back we were told we couldn't do a module outside of our course because the messed up the time tables for us...
    Then we were told we only had two choices...

Day we go to see what the choices were like we were told we weren't eligible for one of them...

So we had a choice of 1 modules.

Fantastic.

Sure same happened us. I doubt very much we would get a free elective next semester either since that would cause caos with timetabling, especially during exam time to prevent overlaps. I don't even know if it would be possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

mewmoo wrote: »
    Once we got back we were told we couldn't do a module outside of our course because the messed up the time tables for us...
    Then we were told we only had two choices...

Day we go to see what the choices were like we were told we weren't eligible for one of them...

So we had a choice of 1 modules.

Fantastic.

+1

most of us pretty much had to pick 2 modules from, well, 2 modules. so much for free choice electives!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

+1

most of us pretty much had to pick 2 modules from, well, 2 modules. so much for free choice electives!!

really that sucks. I hope they fix for this year. I was looking to picking my own module for the free choice module.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dogs & Cats

The only way anything will change is if everyone takes it to the class rep and he/she take it to the SU

The only way anything will change is if everyone takes it to the class rep and he/she take it to the SU

this has already been brought to them and it's a straight no. there's not enough pressure from reps. the majority of reps at meetings are first years whose problems are; parking, parking, parking... i brought up printing a meeting once and everyone looked at me as though i had two heads...

• Registered Users, Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dogs & Cats

Ok petition the SU to do something about the printers, like get the SU to put some printers in the Student Centre, the only problem is some idiot will do somethng stupid to them.

Ok petition the SU to do something about the printers, like get the SU to put some printers in the Student Centre, the only problem is some idiot will do somethng stupid to them.

exactly. i mean, would you allow certain sections of CIT's student bodies access to free printing?? i know i wouldn't!!

exactly. i mean, would you allow certain sections of CIT's student bodies access to free printing?? i know i wouldn't!!
    C134X ftw

Webmonkey wrote: »
    C134X ftw

computer students have a few spots like that all right. all the labs have em too. but these printers never work and only us computing heads have access to them.

computer students have a few spots like that all right. all the labs have em too. but these printers never work and only us computing heads have access to them.
    Yeah its terrible. One in 134x is only one that seems to not jam. Its a disgrace for people who can't access similar rooms. The IT building is just a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

I need to get a hand-up bound tomorrow but I have only got between 5.30 (ish) and 6 to get it done. Will there be anywhere in the college open at that time that could do it? Students Union maybe?

lukin wrote: »
    I need to get a hand-up bound tomorrow but I have only got between 5.30 (ish) and 6 to get it done. Will there be anywhere in the college open at that time that could do it? Students Union maybe?

Sorry buddy. Reprographics is the only place as far as I know and they'll be closed by then me thinks...

Yeah i'd say it be well closed by then unfort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

The other posters are correct. Repographics is the only place on campus that does binding and they close at 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

The other posters are correct. Repographics is the only place on campus that does binding and they close at 5

its a ashame they close so early .if they were opened later i tink more students wud use this service in the evening after college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

They take a 1 hour "tea" break from 10 to 11 as well.

The thing that really grinds my gears about that place is that it isn't open at lunch time

Yeah they've a lovely life in there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

There might be a place in Wilton that would do it. Be cutting it fine though. Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Where is the Reprographics in the college?

As you go into student centre from AIB bank side, it's on the left along side the card office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I know it's a bit late for the OP, but Chartbusters (formerly, now B-Town Entertainment) do binding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Webmonkey wrote: »
    As you go into student centre from AIB bank side, it's on the left along side the card office.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leeds87

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

leeds87 wrote: »
    ?

Inside in the repographics room, it's next to the room where you go to top up your student card, by the entrance to the student centre off the courtyard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leeds87

grand thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Anyone know the opening hours of the repo office?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Hey guys, does anyone know what time the office in CIT where you get things bound and stuff closes on a Friday, I have a report on my work placement to hand up and I need to know if I have to leave work early to get this thing sorted.

If anyone knows the price of binding this would be greatly appreciated too.

Why can't I remember the name of that office?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Hi guys,

Does anyone know is there A3 colour printing in CIT and how much per sheet?

Thanks for any help in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

You could also print A4 colour and use the copiers in reprographics in the student centre to enlarge to A3.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Thanks for your reply. Printed it off in open access so am happy out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

How do I use these, need to use one in the morning and wont have much time.. Can I print stuff off my usb??

Sign in on one of the computers in the college with your student number and password. Select whatever you want to print be it on your usb or whatever. This is then put on your account. Scan your student card at one of the stations and a list of everything you have selected to print will be there on the screen. Highlight whatever you want to print and press print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

mackg wrote: »
    Sign in on one of the computers in the college with your student number and password. Select whatever you want to print be it on your usb or whatever. This is then put on your account. Scan your student card at one of the stations and a list of everything you have selected to print will be there on the screen. Highlight whatever you want to print and press print.

With money stored on the card, of course.

• Advertisement

So I go into the IT lab turn on a computer, press print for whatever I want and then leave the room go to one of these stations, scan my card and off i go??

I always used the computers in Open Access or the Library so am not sure if it works everywhere. Other than that yeah that's it. If you need to put credit on your card you can do it in the office next to reprographics.

if i press print on any computer and go to any printing station and swipe my card will it show what i want to print??

IRA 1916 wrote: »
    if i press print on any computer and go to any printing station and swipe my card will it show what i want to print??

It should as far as I know as long as you signed in using your student number and password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

IRA 1916 wrote: »

As long as that "any" computer is in the open access/library/wherever people in the food building print.

Advertisement