Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks in a toilet bowl?

Options
  • 16-10-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Hi there - Hopefully someone can help me with this.
    A plumber used a metal implement to unblock my toilet, and a dark grey marks were left. I thought it might be a scratch and that would need to be repaired, but reading up other people's experiences of this it seems that it might be just a mark which I can remove myself: http://www.finishing.com/193/33.shtml

For this job, everyone seems to recommend a product called Barkeeper's Friend. I've called every hardware store in Dublin and no-one's heard of it - does anyone know where I could get it, in Dublin 2/4/6 hopefully, or something that might do the same job? I'd really appreciate some advice - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've bought Barkeeper's friend in both my local Homevalue hardware and Tesco; it's been around a long time and it really is great for removing marks when nothing else seems to work. Costs about €5-6 a tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thanks jack of all - I'll try Tescos today!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGrabbingHand

Had the same problem myself and used a bit of cif (jif) and it worked perfectly

Advertisement