Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding Sliding DOors

Options
  • 16-10-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All ,

I am pretty new to this so hoping I get this right! I am looking for folding concertina type doors for an extension I am building but am very confused as to what to go for etc, wood or pvc or aluminium. I am looking for someone to fit them too as my builder doesnt want to get involved in that end of things. Can anyone reccomend any irish companies that make them as I cant seem to find any and I dont want to have to get them from the UK

Any information much appreciated!!

Lucy;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY from C & P.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Have you looked at the Vu-Fold doors? I think they have them on display in their showroom on the Greenhills Road in Dublin...

http://www.bghome.ie/product/EXTERNALDOORS/SFD6

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lucy2008

Just seen them, VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED!! I have to assemble it myself, I have to varnish it myself, I dont think so ! Cant believe the hinges , Ive seen nicer hinges on my garden gate :D Very thick and bulky,must say , did slide ok though. This is not the affect im looking for , im looking for slim, neat sturdy doors that will last a lifetime, and also a company that will sell them to me finished and fitted. Thanks a million for the advice though, but I think I will continue on my search, Will let you know if I find anything suitable :D

lucy2008 wrote: »
    Will let you know if I find anything suitable :D

Please do but I'm loath to pay more than 4,000 for a 3 metre folding door.
    I'd planned on making the trip to their showrooms within the next month or so - not sure I'll bother now. There are prefinished versions of the Vu-Fold available but as you said you still need to get them installed yourself plus they can't be made to sit flush with the ground which kind of ruins the illusion of opening them out into the garden. I guess those are the reasons they're the cheapest around... :(

• Advertisement

Saw these guys at the Ideal Home Show over the weekend - looked like a quality product:

http://www.futurefold.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 powerpeople

Hi I'm new to this too, hope I'm not too late with this but we have a sunroom built on to the back of our house and we found it made the rest of the house really cold so after 3 winters of suffering we got Vu fold sliding doors they are external door spec and have made all the family's lives much more comfortable there are no draughts at all and they also have a lock for extra security. When they fold back they completely open up the area again.

Advertisement